[DONE] reacquainting with an old friend

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Black-Lotus, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Black-Lotus

Black-Lotus Getting Started

Hi TOG,

For those of you who have been around the community for way too long I used to be a member of an old clan called Drunkards in Combat. We used to play against TOG quite a lot back in the bf1942/DC/BF2/2142/COD1-2 days.

Whenever we encountered you guys I always thought you were a fun bunch to play against. We even participated in your Rfactor racing series.

Since those days I've fallen away from online gaming due to studies, work and life in general. Lately I've been getting a bit back into it.

I kind of realised I didn't have a community to play with anymore. I wanted to find somewhere where I won't be surrounded by teenagers (ironic as I used to be one of those annoying teenaged players back in the day). While I was reminiscing about the old days a thought popped into my head. Maybe I should see if TOG is still around. Low and behold I found that you guys are still alive and kicking.

In terms of games. To be honest. No idea. Keen to see what you guys are playing and happy to jump into whatever takes my interest. I mainly game across a PC and xbox one. My taste in games is far reaching. My first gaming experience with Mario on the Super Nintendo.

A bit about myself... Well back when I used to come up against TOG i was a teenager. Now i'm 28 a bit older and definitely less wiser. I've sold out to the man and now work in the financial services industry. I'm a lover of the round ball game. Will be off to Russia in June with a bunch of mates for the world cup.

Hoping to get to know you guys a bit more and have some fun games and a few laughs. If anyone remembers me from back in the day. Don't be a stranger.

2_islands and Shrubbo like this.
  2. paradroid

paradroid Well-Known Member

Heya Lotus, long time no see.

2_islands likes this.
  3. Black-Lotus

Hey Paradroid! I was wondering if I would see any familiar faces around here. How you been mate?

4. paradroid

paradroid Well-Known Member

Not bad, been playing Elite Dangerous mostly, and a bit of CS:GO (my sons got me playing that)

5. spiritwalker

spiritwalker Mechwarrior Online Captain

DiC I remember that clan very well in Desert Combat days. How I loved to fly the a10 or the su25 to chagrin of others lol

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  6. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkly Smile Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

What the...!

Dude I totally blame Boner for me not actually accepting your membership request but "liking" your post. Totally. You should remember to keep away from him.

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.
    You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions
    Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our Discord Server.
    Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.
    Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.
    We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!

2_islands likes this.
  7. Black-Lotus

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Looking forward to jumping into some games with you all.

spiritwalker and Shrubbo like this.
  8. BoneInspector

BoneInspector Brains Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Yeah. I exist as a mod solely to make Shrubbo look good in comparison. Gl

Shrubbo likes this.
  9. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkly Smile Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

10. FaolanConall

FaolanConall Retired Moderator Leader

Needs moar smug.

Shrubbo likes this.
  11. Shrubbo