[DONE] Rejuvenated gamer looking to join - game o' the moment: Fortnite

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by papasmiff, Feb 14, 2018.

1. papasmiff

papasmiff Just Joined

Hi all,
    I've had a love/hate relationship with games for decades now. Started playing video games back in the old arcade days. I sucked at them all but that wouldn't keep me from pumping quarters into Galaga or Burger Time. I've played on various consoles and computers over the years.

Like many of you, I had to slow down and, eventually, take a break completely from all games (except the random casual game on the phone) due to family and work commitments.

Long story short, the twist and turns of life brought me to a point where I can spend some evenings or some weekend hours back in action. I'm hoping to pick up games and add some friendships along the way.

The list...
    1. What games are you currently playing/looking to play with TOG?
      = I heard a lot about Fortnite from tech friends at work so I've jumped into that. I'm really in an exploratory phase though, willing to try just about any game if there's not a huge cost requirement. One of those friends wants me to check out Overwatch and Destiny 2.
    2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
      = Technically, first machine was a cabinet-style arcade game. Atari 2600 was the first at home.
    3. Why do you want to join TOG?
      = I'd like to be plugged into like-aged gamers who can co-op quests and perhaps make some connections along the way.
    4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
      = I'm a tech guy managing a rag-tag crew of IT guys at a medium-sized ad agency. My kids are nearly on their own- some in college, some in high school. I tinker with various musical instruments but don't commit enough time to become proficient.
    I look forward to connecting with some of you (hopefully). You're welcome to hit me up on steam or Discord.
    -papasmiff-

2. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Ah...Galaga! It took me 160 quarters ($40) to master it. Arcade Asteroids was easier...probably 60 quarters. Robotron 2084 always kicked my arse! I retired from video games (after mastering Dragon's Lair) and went back to pinballs. And eventually transitioned into owning an Apple ][+ (which still works!)....and into online gaming!

I am sure a TOG officer will be along shortly to review your application.

TQQdles™

3. papasmiff

papasmiff Just Joined

Apple II+... niiiiice! Ugh, Dragon's Lair... so cool, yet so friggin' infuriating.

4. FaolanConall

FaolanConall Getting Started Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.
    You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions
    Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.
    Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our Discord Server.
    Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.
    Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.
    We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!