Request for Information: The Osgiliath Guard (LOTRO)

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Hinds, Sep 14, 2018 at 4:09 PM.

1. Hinds

Hinds Just Joined

Hello! Is TOG still active in LOTRO?

I am in the process of downloading the game to give it a try again for the first time in many years. Coincidentally, I am also nearing my 25th birthday.

I have quite an interesting story involving wanting to join TOG: I heard some TOG members on Casual Stroll to Mordor (a now-defunct? LOTRO podcast/community) back when I was still in high school. That's how I originally found out about TOG and have wanted to join ever since. I was probably 16 or 17 at the time.

This has been a long time in the making and it seems fitting that my refreshed interest in LOTRO, which introduced me to TOG in the first place, coincides with turning 25. I did some Googling and found the kinship site, which makes mention of Q2 2018 so I suspect there may be some active players. However, since it appears to be a closed (i.e. non-public) division, I could not ascertain for myself whether TOG members were still active in the game.

So, all that said, is The Osgiliath Guard still kicking? I won't turn 25 for ~2 weeks but wanted to check in on the kinship now before applying for full membership (whether kin is alive or not) when I turn 25. Thanks in advance!

Hinds

2. Muco

Muco Active Member

There is US and EU TOG kinship in LOTRO. US kinship is on Arkenstone server and EU kinship is on Evernight. I can't say how active is EU kin but US kin usually have 8-10 people online in US prime time, more over weekends. There are organized kinship runs on weekends at least 2 time a month. If you have old characters on some of servers that are not running any more you can transfer them to active servers for free, only rule is ex US servers can transfer to US servers and ex EU servers to EU servers. When you become full TOG member you can find more info i members forums.

Welcome back in Middle Earth

3. Hinds

Hinds Just Joined

Thank you for the information!