[DONE] Request to Join TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by CapNeb, Dec 3, 2016.

1. CapNeb

CapNeb Getting Started

I was aimlessly searching for an organization to join in Star Citizen when I came upon your group. I could not be more excited to find a group of older gamers.

My name is Brian (surname removed for privacy), I am 45 years old, and I live in Atlanta, GA.

1. What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?

As noted above, I am looking forward to Star Citizen. I will likely buy BF1 soon. I have been addicted to Grim Dawn for a while. I usually avoid the social aspects of games simply because it gets daunting and I want to avoid the younger players. However, I will definitely check out the other games you guys are playing.

2. What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?
    My first machine was my dad's TRS-80, quickly replaced by my own Tandy 1000. I played Zaxon off of a cassette tape on that baby. I have been an avid PC gamer ever since. My favorite games include Wing Commander, Diablo, and Asheron's Call.

3. Why do you want to join TOG?
    I want to be able to enjoy the social aspects of gaming without the pressure of the hardcore guilds/organizations and the immaturity of many younger players.

4. Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.
    I listen to audiobooks during my long commutes - mostly fantasy, scifi, detective, and spy novels. I watch youtube videos way to much. I am an Apple fanboy even though I have always built my own PCs for gaming.

I would love to join a group of mature individual who enjoy PC gaming, so I hope my application is accepted.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2016
  2. The Omen

The Omen Retired Moderator

Welcome to The Older Gamers community for those who are 25+ and have a passion for gaming. Your application has been reviewed and approved.

You may now access all aspects of the TOG Service including:

• TOG member community forums
    • TOG member communications servers
    • TOG member game Divisions

Drop by the Lounge to say hello, join a discussion or simply lurk. Feel free to ask any questions.

Visit the Voice Communications forum for instructions on joining our GameVox Servers.

Browse through the vast array of gaming Divisions to familiarise yourself with the games and cultures. Each can be very different. In each Division you should find instructions on joining other TOG members in game.

Join our STEAM Group or Facebook page. Spend some time to check out the forum functions such as user profiles and private messages at the top right corner of the forum. Maybe view site leaders under the Quick Links tab.

We hope you enjoy the TOG community. Please spread the message to your friends and family who are also interested in gaming.

All the best!

3. Judge_Kiwi

Judge_Kiwi Star Citizen: Vice Captain

Greetings TOG Citizen,

We received a communiqué from the Advocacy that you were looking to join our ranks. There is a place set aside for you, now that you have been accepted into TOG. All you need to do is head over to This Thread and you will be able to join in on conversations on all things Star Citizen.

Please make sure you have a quick read of the sticked thread Division Info - NEW MEMBERS START HERE so that you can get a fundamental grasp of who we are and what we represent.

Enjoy your time here, Citizen, and all hail the lamp!

[​IMG]