Return to Everquest 2

Discussion in 'Free to grind' started by cowkiller, Oct 1, 2013.

1. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

if u come back to everquest 2 your in for a treat from oct 1- 15 any returning player can make a NEw toon how is this a treat well u can use a item i guess that dings u 85 with 280 AA !! ps if u don't like the toon delete it and make another one and ding 85 again !!
    ( the toon u make will be unlocked for alltimes after the 15th but u can only have one toon like this per acount
    ps any new acount made before sept 22 also can get this !!!
    after oct 16 it will cost 3500sc to get ( DOES NOT WORK with the new Class in the next x pack

soe is also NERFING gold acounts and letting silver and free acounts use all gears no more unlocking gear !!!!!!
    gold acounts get 15% more gold and 10% fatter oops Faster :p

soe is also giving EVERY one a free AOE x pack as of today !! so u can play Beast lords !!! and have mercs !!

todays also the start of Qyenos fair week so you crafter can grab house items !!

theres alot to do in game lots of fun fests and this winter a NEW Frostfel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes there finaly adding to it

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  2. Kass

Kass Guardian Division Captain

Is there a TOG presence in EQ2? We're back playing it and loving it at the moment while we wait for EverQuestNext :)

3. Wenceslaus

Wenceslaus Well-Known Member

On which server are you playing Kass ? Just found my invite in old e-mail, but I am practically n00b. Would probably need to someone to help me out...

Wence Out

4. Gedarn

Gedarn Retired Captain

... If you do delete the level 85 toon the next one will cost 3500SC as I just found out.

5. Kass

Yeah its a one off can only be used once offer - if you're not sure what class you want to shoot straight to 85 then use the try before you buy option, you can do that indefinitely (but remember the free heroic toon offer is only until 15th October).

I'm playing on Unrest at the moment, but happy to move to another server if there is a TOG presence there :)

Now off to visit the Qeynos fair! ...

6. Wenceslaus

Wenceslaus Well-Known Member

Rolled 85 Paladin on Unrest by chance !

Wow, a lot of info to digest....

Unfortunately my corp laptop is not capable of running it (GW2 is fine though :?). Would need to play it only from my rig at home so very sporadic weekends ( or pinched wife's gaming laptop - not a chance)

Anyway looking forward to talk to you.

Wence Out

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  7. Karguo

Karguo Active Member

Been downloading EQ2 overnight to take advantage of the free heroic character offer. Looks like a few of my old characters are on Unrest too, so I'll create my heroic character there as well. Also waiting for EQNext eagerly :)

8. Warjon

Warjon Just Joined

You guys are Evil! I never had a max level in EQ2. Think I have a bunch of alts on Unrest still. Hmmm Sure would be a way to explore areas I have never seen.

9. Howitzer

Howitzer Active Member

IDK. I have 3 toons. Highest is 16. Never got very far. The game was to high end when it came out. Slide show for most. I think I've come back and dabbled a few times. I'm just looking for something to do. Didn't sub FFXIV. So that's pretty much over.

Trimethicon likes this.
  10. Trimethicon

Trimethicon Well-Known Member

We had an EQ2 guild back when the game launched, the server name escapes me, but we were <The Old Guard>.

11. Atrayo

Atrayo Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,

Yup, that was on the server Najena, which I believe got merged with another server shard last year or so.

CowKiller, is on the Freeport server the original F2P server for EQ2. :D I haven't played since last year. I'd rather wait for EQN myself, be it Landmark or otherwise the full game version.

Trimethicon likes this.
  12. Kass

Najena is now Unrest (not sure if it was one or two mergings along the way).

13. Ani

Ani Getting Started

Me too

I started a noob on unrest called Aninou. Should we try to make a guild?

I haven't done the 85 thing yet...

14. SonnyJim

SonnyJim Getting Started

There's an Old Guard guild on the Unrest server. I just reactivated after a long long time out of it and nobody is around - there was even an auto-vote on the last guild leader! All the stuff is still there.

15. cowkiller

cowkiller Active Member

i'm still on freeport server there server still has alot of players in it AB and freeport are the high numbered servers at moment
    level 100 is fun but theres a learning curve to the new x pack

16. Dorfl

Dorfl Active Member

Hi - Just found this post. An update on TOG in EQ.
    The server we are playing on is now Unrest.

A few of us from NZ logged back in to EQ2 after becoming disenchanted wwith ESO. We logged back to find that we were still in the TOG guild and we have a fabulous guild hall still.

So we have 4-5 regular players with 2-3 more joining in the fun occaisionally.
    Rotty, Fallar, Dorfl, Frannick , Rhaegar, Lanfer (or options on those names for our Alts). Oduh and Zal just made an appearance in the last few days too. We are playing regularly on Tuesday evenings but at the moment there seems to be somehting happening every night as it is so much fun.

We did a group / guild event Saturday morning with 7 of us. alternating to make 6 in a group but we broke into 2 groups and added mercenaries to try and kill the Epic boss. We ran out of time before finihsing him off but it was a great session. We levelled one our ex-NZ players (Odug) now in the UK from 92 to 95 with some mentoring-goodness.

So if anyone is around especially Aus / NZ time drop in and say hi. Its free to play, but we have all signed up for a monthly subscription because of the extra perks. I think we will be around for a while, we had forgotten how much fun the game is. The heroic content for groups is a lot more fun and challenging than ESO. And there is a richness and depth to the game that only comes from a game that has been developed for this amount of time.

Graphics is not bad for a game of this age and with all the settings turned up to max my average computer copes fine and it looks pretty good. No lag issues from NZ.

To level beyond 95 (and up to 100) you need to buy the new expansion.

More DLC out tomorrow ($15) download.

17. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Well-Known Member

I loaded up the game and am trying to orient myself to it again. I'm a dabbler so not much time for raids and such but my lvl 44 Dirge will be around.

Look for Dakat

18. Dorfl

Dorfl Active Member

Cool, I will.
    What time zone are you in?

19. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Well-Known Member

I am USA EDT. :)
    Ill be on this weekend. I need a few hours to re-mechanic/familiarize myself with the game

20. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Woah this is still going ... and supported?