[DONE] Riggs. Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by Riggs022, Aug 6, 2021.

?

Whats the best battlefield series?

1. Battlefield 1942 (2002)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Battlefield Veitnam (2004)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Battlefield 2 (2005)

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  4. Battlefield 2142 (2006)

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Battlefield Bad Company (2008)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Battlefield Bad Company (2010)

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Battlefield 3 (2011)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Battlefield 4 (2013)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Battlefield Hardline (2015)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Battlefield 1 (2016)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Riggs022

Riggs022 Getting Started

Hey peeps, Its Jason here, or Martin Riggs from lethal weapon series, been known to be as crazy in the past. Im applying to be a member of TOG because i cant relate to young whippersnappers anymore. They're into new age shit and have bullshit reflex's. Thank god my boys grew up and no longer do i have to play minecraft, fortnite or call of duty. However ill cherish a few memories i have of being revived by my sons constantly in fortnight. was great to see their level of care and energy being put into their dads rescue. Im 40 in 2 weeks and feel like 60, need to start eating healthy i think.
    So im only interested in one game and thats Tarkov. I love the realism and intense moments you can have when in combat and you have good gear on aswell as hauling a pilgrim full of goodies.
    I live in North Queensland timezone gmt plus 10.
    I grew up playing pacman, eypx games and pitfall on atari, silkworm, wild west, giana sisters,greyhounds and mario on commodore 64, cricket on nintendo 16bit, mario kart on 32 and 64 bit nintendo, First home computer was a pentium 133, loved to play red alert, heaps of dos games. Also enjoy messing with visual basic and spreading viruses around computers in highschool. I was a real prick but today im mature and a more loving person.
    I quit gaming around 2002 and focussed on being a dad, however i did come back for arma in 2008ish (loved the arma series) and battlefeild 2 and boy did i have fun on that. It was the best series by far in the battlefeild series, infact i actually remember tog being around then, circa 2006ish, Ea have dumbed it down too much nowadays.
    Im looking to find someone to do tarkov missions with, i struggle to play solo,it loses the feel im looking for in a game. Such as teamwork and comradeship.
    Regards stoner riggs.

Rukus308, CAMMO, Gilderan and 3 others like this.
  2. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Hello Riggs022,

A TOG Admin will be around shortly to help along with your application for our community. I like your style of adding a poll of the Battlefield series franchise.

I really miss the BF 2142 Titans in mid-air we would jump off via escape pods after causing them to self-destruct. Those were the days and I was the ass type throwing random circular ball mines in the oddest of places where vehicles go boom! lol.

Rukus308, CAMMO, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  3. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain of a Sparkly Dot, Longboat, and a goat! Staff Member Moderator -= BRONZE =-

Couldn't find an admin. Hell with names like "Boner" nobody is surprised so I'll do it.

I haven't played a battlefield game since VR came out in 2016? Life takes some unfortunate turns and I'm not able to wear the headset at this point (will be again soon though I hope) and found BF V for sale for $7:49. lol what the hell. Took a while but I am actually having some fun with it. BAd Company and Vietnam bring back a lot of good memories with TOG though.

Congratulations! You have passed our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only. 25 down and nubs)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, stuff, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (Possibly is, never been there)
    Game Divisions (All the games that we have a division for. From fluffy crap to stabby stabby)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff. Boners)
    Home (You could have just gone here and scrolled down saving me from typing all this...wow)

Moose, Rukus308, CAMMO and 3 others like this.
  4. Riggs022

Riggs022 Getting Started

Hey Atrayo, I conducted the poll just to see what kind of action players prefer. I couldnt get into 2142 myself, the realism element was diminshed, but nonetheless thankfully were not all likeI am, what crap place the world would be. Shurugoo thanks for the acceptance, i do hope in the newest battlefeild VR is supported. Ive never used VR but i can image it being pretty awesome. Never had a card better than a 1070. Plus shes mining etherium in the background so i got no hope of running vr. Unless i use my etherium i mined.

Rukus308, CAMMO, Gilderan and 2 others like this.
  5. Monty

Monty Phoenix Staff Member Moderator

Hi Riggs and welcome to TOG. :D

6. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

It can be worse, you could be wearing a hospital gown mooning all alike. (*watches Shrubbo's goat pass out)

Yes, it's always a balance with games of realism with entertainment and convenience.

Welcome to "The Older Gamers", thanks for choosing our community.

Cheers!

Rukus308, CAMMO, Monty and 2 others like this.
  7. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to TOG @Riggs022 and love your form with the poll :)

Jump onto our Discord server where the Tarfov players gather.

Rukus308, Atrayo, Monty and 1 other person like this.
  8. CAMMO

CAMMO The Soprano Voice of TOG Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Welcome and enjoy.

9. Rukus308

Rukus308 Code Monkey Staff Member Moderator

Titan mode in BF2142 was the best, I'm still waiting on a re-boot of that in the battlefield space. Welcome aboard @Riggs022 :D great intro BTW

Gilderan, CAMMO, Shrubbo and 2 others like this.
  10. Zooty

Zooty Active Member

Could whoever posted the vote at the top of the page please correct all the Battlefeild entries - its doing my nut in! (smile)

Hi Jason, you sound like a thoroughly nice guy, apart from being an ex-hacker who wants to love everyone (or did I mis-read that?) - are you on prescription drugs (even bigger smile)

Either way, you sound just like our sort of gamer - so a BIG welcome!

Kind regards

Mike

Rukus308, Shrubbo and Gilderan like this.
  11. Gilderan

Gilderan Guilded Manager Staff Member Moderator

Done :)

Rukus308 and Shrubbo like this.