Roleplaying/CCG/Boardgame Podcasts

Discussion in 'Pen and paper games' started by fantomas, Nov 2, 2007.

1. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

Yog Radio - "is a semi-regular Cthulhu Podcast coming out of Yog-Sothoth.com." For Call of Cthulhu RPG. Just released ep26 on 27th Oct 2007. Has been going since Sept 2005.

Some of the segments has loose links to Cthulhu, eg interviews with Directors such as Robin Hardy (The Wicker Man), Robert Fuest(The Abominable Dr. Phibes) and Authors such as Brian Aldiss.

Also has some readings of HPL stories/poems.

Masks of Nyarlathotep - recording of the classic Call of Cthulhu campaign over 26 sessions. As the game progressed the sound recording got better as they improved their technique. Done by the people behind Yog Radio

Horror on the Orient Express - The next CoC campaign done by the Yog Radio group. Different Keeper & a couple of different players. Still in progress (as of Nov 2007)

Heroic Cthulhu- "These are recorded sessions of table top roleplaying games using a heavily modified BRP (basic role play) system" Audio quality is fairly average. What they lack in quality they make up with enthusiasm & sheer volume of recordings. Adding to itunes for example will only have the last 30 recordings. There are several hundred! Earlier recordings are set in the 1930's, most recent ones are a modern campaign heading into Cyber-Cthulhu

The Haunting - The first CoC scenario written. Has been in every ed. of the rulebook. Played by the "Sheffield Players"

RPGMP3 - Dungeon ON! - Has several different sessions recordings. Most are 3rd ed AD&D modules/campaigns. Have not listened to any so cannot comment quality etc.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. TickledBlue

TickledBlue Getting Started

I listen to:

Have Games Will Travel: Have Games, Will Travel

Paul does a nice job of reviewing various board and rpgs and has a lot of contacts in the industry. He also tends to look at a lot of the games that are coming out of the indy scene which is great.

The Ogre Cave: OgreCave

Three guys that take a more industry focused look at rpgs and boardgames. One of the presenters runs a bricks n mortar gaming store and his insights are quite nice as well

3. dragonlibrarian

dragonlibrarian Getting Started

I think it'd be cool if we could podcast one of our games. In fact, I think it'd be great if TOG members who frequent this part of the forum would do one podcast of their game or gaming experience. I think it would be very interesting to see people's styles, approaches, etc...

4. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

Groovecast - "Well the Groovecast is a Podcast. We are a proud part of the numerous Podcasts devoted to tabletop gaming, and we carve our niche by being the first and only Podcast that discusses specifically tabletop gaming online through play by post, play by chat, and play by email (pbp, pbc, and pbem respectively)"

Have not yet listened to any as yet. Adding to my list thru to check out.

5. insmouth

insmouth Just Joined

6. logan9a

logan9a Getting Started

Well, I like the Heroic Cthulhu one personally...

7. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

:lol:. It gotten to the stage now that the last few weeks I've been listening to these podcasts on the train to & from work & also during my lunch break. Work is so quiet at the moment that I've even started listening to it abit while working.

8. logan9a

logan9a Getting Started

I'm still kinda freaked out when I say something like "There was this one time when..." and the other person with whom I have never had the pleasure to meet nor speak before says "Was that module/adventure X?"

Fortunately, what we may lack in editing technique, we make up for in quantity.

9. paenggoy

paenggoy Active Member

Thanks for sharing these! I subscribed to some of them using a feed reader, especially the Lovecraft-themed sites.

10. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

If you've started listening to the Heroic Cthulhu ones, You will hear my voice in the most recent ones (over the last month or so) as I've been fortunate enough to join in the game.

11. logan9a

logan9a Getting Started

Who knows- we might get more Oz listeners. Could be interesting.

12. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

Brilliant Gameologists -".. a podcast about tabletop games and the people who play them. Helping you play like you have to, play like you have to and play like you have two"

13. fantomas

fantomas Active Member

Dicecasters - "Mage: the Awakening - Follow the mages of the Binary Flame cabal as they adjust to life after Awakening and struggle to make a new life for themselves in the Windy City."

A new podcast. First eps went up today.

14. Kinetic007

Kinetic007 Getting Started