Serenity upgrade coming

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by Irimar, Apr 27, 2014.

1. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
  2. OranjeJus

OranjeJus Freshly Squeezed Staff Member Moderator

Oooooh. Crossing my fingers that my quantum link chambers will stabilise completely ;)

- OJ

3. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

Will the restrictions on various problem-machines we've discovered still be enforced? I would assume most of those performance problems are still present?

4. Dalienx

Dalienx Well-Known Member

daed, i would assume they would require re-testing

5. white_bear_84

white_bear_84 Retired Captain

Your quantum who-ha-what-now?

6. McKitten

McKitten Minecraft Captain

After finally having enough of the attempts to intermix the power systems I downloaded this update in hope that It has fixed things but alas no.

MJ is still well rooted into Buildcraft (that includes refineries) & Forestry, RF to EU/MJ (& reverse) is still non-existent and to boot, the news page of the launcher says they want to try and do away with non RF mods or at least ones that are not interchangeable with RF. While this hasn't happened yet, the only power production guaranteed to stay is the steam dynamo. Unless someone comes up with a patcher mod (which will likely be as much a nightmare as gregtech was) the precious HV solar arrays are not worth learning to build if you don't know the recipe already.

I like the mix of power systems and magic but I guess I am just grumpy that someone had to change stuff to RF without any real community consultation and whats worse is that I feel forced to adapt to it.

It's almost enough to have me enlist on frontier :)
    Almost.

7. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Energy conduits convert RF to MJ. EU/MJ have never really been interchangeable, that's not new.
    Before RF, Thermal Expansion would only work if Buildcraft was installed. It's now a standalone mod instead of a Buildcraft addon.

8. OranjeJus

OranjeJus Freshly Squeezed Staff Member Moderator

WB: My Quantum Link Chambers, not my quantum who-ha-what-now. (They link my 2 bases' ME networks into a single network so I have all my stuff available at either site.)

Commenting on RF:

I personally enjoy RF generation a lot more than MJ generation. There's many methods of generating it with this modpack, from the TE native (and super simple) dynamos, to the engines of Extra Utilities.

The Extra Utilities engines are what I truly get a kick out of about RF (and if it weren't for MPS, I'd be all over the Redstone Arsenal) - those engines injected a good dose of fun. From the humble survival generator on day 1, to such ridiculous power solutions as the culinary generator (harness the power of Meat! (Or perhaps milk if you're less brutal)) or the love generator (runs on... pink... things) or even, if you are so crazily inclined, a (Joe quote) "noob-tear" generator that runs on netherstars... That's right... netherstars, plural...

RF/MJ to EU is convertible in either direction, even without the power converters mod in the pack (you have to use MFFS) but I only recommend that to enthusiasts who want the resource cost and logistical challenge, not to someone looking for efficiency. For that, you set up Nuclear Power Plants, or steam oven fed boilers and steam dynamos, etc.

- OJ

9. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

Updated the OP with a time for the update.

10. Oradi

Oradi Getting Started

The launcher currently offers me only version 1.0.19. Do I need to to something special to be able to play after the update ?

11. Cheith

Cheith Active Member

Mine offers 21 - make sure you have the up to date launcher.

12. Oradi

Oradi Getting Started

DOH, took me a while to find it, but there's version numbers hidden behind the "recommended" combobox :p