[DONE] Shneake - New to TOG

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by shneake, May 29, 2019.

1. shneake

shneake Getting Started

Hi I'm Sam.

I've just turned 25 as of the 30th of May. I'm applying to join TOG because of their influence on me when I first entered the Team Fortress 2 (TF2) competitive scene in Australia. At the time TOG TF2 was playing in division 6 alongside my first team. They were renowned throughout the ozfortress league as a group of kind players that truly played in the spirit of fun. This was exemplified by the TOG team winning the 'Friendliest Team' award multiple seasons. While I never got to know any of the players personally, I always loved the idea of what TOG stood for in the Australian TF2 scene so I would love to join your ranks.

1. Team Fortress 2
    2. My first machine was the SNES that my dad owned but I quickly transitioned to the Playstation 1 as my father managed to snag some bootleg PS1 games from Bali. I was a huge fan of Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis.
    3. See above
    4. Still playing competitive TF2 on the side, but mostly just playing casually when I get the time these days.

newfulla and octoclops like this.
  2. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Captain Sparkles Staff Member Moderator

You know it's the 29th right?
    [​IMG]

Haha see you real soon mate :D

CAMMO, Sysmon, shneake and 1 other person like this.
  3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

haha @Shrubbo you are a cruel man !!!!

Because I am a Kiwi and still think I'm on Kiwi time, I will @shneake you in a little earlier.. (See what I did there :p)

(Kiwi's will always be 2 hours ahead of the Wallabies) Happy birthday mate,

Welcome to the TOG community!!!

Below is your “Induction kit” which consists of several links or shortcuts to help get you started and navigate around the TOG site a little quicker.

Public Forums “Blue Light Disco” area i.e. Where the under 25 and non-members hang out. Note public members do not have access to any of the forums below.
    Member Forums Put your feet up grab a coffee, beer, wine or prune juice and relax with a multitude of topics including general chat, funnies, videos, VR and also some Geek stuff. (ask Kev how do you cook an egg on a CPU.)
    Member News As suggested in the link however please note that brain farts do not constitute as news and most likely belong in general chat above.
    Simulation and Sports Divisions This is for all financially challenged that might not able to afford their own personal Fighter jet or Formula one racing car or perhaps you are just reliving the old moments of glory when you were able to kick a football beyond the front letter box.
    FPS Gods and Legends are both created and destroyed here with most tiers one games being catered for. It has been scientifically proven at TOG headquarters that a 60+ year old can still outsmart a teenager with inhuman reflexes. (Bring your own tissues!)
    MMORPG This is where the imaginative dreamers go to temporarily escape their mundane existence of everyday life . If you’re lucky enough you may even find that mystical unicorn you always searched for.
    Strategy, RPG and other Games Similar to above however with fewer unicorn’s and maybe the occasional game of chess.
    Operations Where you get to annoy the guys in RED with any account issues… or just annoy them.

All the TOG sponsored external site information can be found here Facebook , Steam and Discord .

TOG Tinder Meet like-minded gamers. You can swipe left right and even up and down however you enter this part of our forums at your own risk and there is no money back guarantee.

Should you happen to meet a mysterious Goat in your adventures then we apologize in advance for any bad behavior.

The fine print - We do not provide toothbrushes should you decide to stay the night, but showering is still optional and remains personal choice (until they figure out how to add a sense of smell to the VR world.)

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    CAMMO, Shrubbo and shneake like this.
  4. shneake

shneake Getting Started

Aha thanks guys. I figured the turn-around time would be around a day so I submitted it a TINY bit early. Appreciate the kind welcome to a new fulla. :)

CAMMO, Shrubbo and newfulla like this.