Shroud of the Avatar!

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Yavrashu, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Yavrashu

Yavrashu Just Joined

Is anyone else currently playing SotA? I just started playing it a few minutes ago and am looking for others to group with and have some good old-fashioned fun :)

2. Yavrashu

Yavrashu Just Joined

Actively playing this very moment and have a temp chat channel created at the bottom of the TS channel list. The game is awesome so far, overall, as one would expect. Come join me!

3. C4

C4 Well-Known Member

I will probably get this a little closer to release

4. Cromulent

Cromulent Active Member

I'm a backer, and I dabble in SotA from time to time, but I'm not going to put much time into it until release. See you then!

5. C4

C4 Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, sale on steam 25% off = $33.74 USD, 31 hours left.

6. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

This thread is a month old but just want to say that I am a backer too. Was wondering if there is going to be a TOG community closer to release?

7. Tanunda

Tanunda Just Joined

I have been looking at buying Sota for some time but before I do can anyone tell me if it is worth a buy?
    Do we have a few Togs playing? Would enjoy grouping up if there are a bunch of you guys playing

8. 2_islands

2_islands Oh dear! Oh dear! I shall be too late! Staff Member Administrator Moderator

I'm a SoTA backer. As with all games, a Division will be dependent on the community aspects of the game, interest by members to play, members willingness to lead, etc.

When the game kicks off, we can have a look.

9. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

It depends Tanunda.

Firstly, I am a fan of Richard Garriott's work on the Ultima series. (Not Ultima Online). More so with Ultima 4 to 7 when they were made under Origin System his company, not so much with Ultima 8 & 9 when they were bought over by EA. So with this kickstarter spiritual successor to Ultima, Richard is going back to create his game without the limitation imposed on him by another company, and that is a huge plus point for me.

The game is more build for immersion and leads towards being more old school style, so to speak. For example if you go into a town, the NPC won't have exclamation marks over there heads. You have to go around talking to NPC like you would another player through the text chat. You would see someone call "Guard". So you go talk to him and type, "What is your name?" He will say, "I am Ted the Guard of Kingsport." Then the name over his character will change to "Ted the Guard".

There are also 4 modes to the game. Single player where you will have NPC becoming your companions. Friend mode where only you, your friends and possibly your guild would play in the same world. Single player online, which is MMORPG without the other players around so they can't grief you and the normal MMO mode. So the game does offer flexibility.

The battle comprise of two modes. One is the normal skill bar which cost a tad more focus to use. The other is the deck mode in which skills you have collected through experience, draws randomly on your skill bar depending on the skill cards you have selected for the deck.

There is also no class system limitations. What skill you get is depended on the points you put into that particular skill tree so anyone can be a warrior, wizard, etc.

10. Tanunda

Tanunda Just Joined

Cheers mate,

Ive been wanting to find a new mmo to scratch my itch and been watching a bit of SOTA. Another game I have been looking at is Gloria Victis which only has a $11 buy in but am unsure if many people are playing it or how finished the game actually is.

Is there is a group that is playing SOTA ill pick it up otherwise wait a bit until people become more active

11. Silvio

Silvio Getting Started

I grabbed it when it was first released early access on steam.Wish I would have never spent the money on it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  12. MMOGAddict

MMOGAddict Star Citizen Officer

The game certainly has issues... and that's putting it mildly, but if anyone does play, I have a character called Resolute.

13. MMOGAddict

MMOGAddict Star Citizen Officer

After Release 32 (final wipe) my character name is Storm.

14. Kaladan

Kaladan Active Member

I too am a backer but will likely wait until the actual launch before doing too much. My gaming has been in the decline lately, so just strolling through different games here and there. Hoping this will scratch the itch when it releases. This, Star Citizen and Pantheon.

15. gladestone

gladestone Getting Started

Sup guys im a sota backer myself would love to get in on this with yall