Silkroad Online Thread

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Portents, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Portents

Portents Getting Started

Also another one of the Korean mmorpgs. This one claims permanent free to play. No options to spend rl money on anything in the game atm.

Link is www.silkroadonline.net

Graphics is cool, game concept is cool but boring. Its basically about life on the Silkroad. The Silkroad is a trade road so what u expect ? Basically there's three jobs to pick from, u can either be a trader, thief catcher (hunter) or a thief at level 20.

Game content isnt impressive and in-game functions are lacking unlike Kal Online. Only the graphics are cool with all the martial arts effects etc.

Maybe when the European expansion comes out it be better ? Right now in this first edition you can only start with playing a Chinese.

This game is pure grinding, either level grinding or skill point grinding.

Yeah the combat system is very cool as it is flexible and your character can be customised by what skills u choose from 3 different weapon types and 4 different sets of Force skills. But that means you spend hours and hours skill points farming. It sorta reminds me of L2 but at least multiple lots more hours needed for skill points farming as compared to L2.

My toon in game is Bliss, level 16 with 2K+ skill points now but skill levels of only level 7 (the higher the difference btwn your skill lvls n char lvl the more SPs u can get). The Korean forums recommends at least farming to get 20K of Skill points, I'm like "duh" I only got 2k so far.

Not active in this game atm and not much I can help in the game but again u can contact me via X-Fire (ID is Portents).

Last edited: Feb 7, 2006
  2. Eckho

Eckho Just Joined

Im also playing SRO. I play on Babel Server. I have a lvl 21 toon who hasnt claimed a job yet. Im leaning towards hunter although im in no hurry as I am "guildless" atm. Im currently looking for a good organized "friendly" guild to join that has traders and hunters...and maybe even thieves in it. Whats the sense of claiming a job when u cant put it to use.
    I agree with u on the lvl grinding part although its not nearly as bad as Lineage 2 was.So what server r u on? Maybe we could hook up?

3. Portents

Portents Getting Started

i used 2 play on the Babel server, have the abovementioned lvl 16 toon (atm have lvl 7 in all weapon skills & force skills).

A bunch of us Malaysians have decided to move over to the new Athens Server coming up today (tuesday) after the maintenance and I am likely to register a new account and join them (leaving the above toon n account separate).