Sim City

Discussion in 'Simulation' started by ohio.medic, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Ravenhawk

Ravenhawk Getting Started

I'll pull into that server as well - when it will let me...id is HawkEaker.

2. Ange

Ange Active Member

I could not gt on last night as I was getting told that the servers where down. Errr, this seems odd as they where all active on my server list.

Having 1 Oceanic server seems a bit silly as if it has issues your kind of screwed.

3. nadaji

nadaji Getting Started

I got my invite finally, and started building my city, and I saw that Toxic came in after me and started a city in my area. I sent him my extra ambulance. Apparently each small area on the map is connected, so Toxic is the only one I'm connected to at the time. I'm sure I made many mistakes, and may be bankrupt soon. I have 3 50,000 bonds out all ready. I guess I'm a true tax and spend liberal. LOL.

When I was in the game, I could said others were active in their city, but I couldn't see my friends list for some reason. I did manage to pop over to Toxic's city and look around, and make it back to mine with no problem. They pushed out an update which seems to have solved the problems on my end at least.

I'm East Coast USA timezone btw. See you all tonight.

4. Adina

Adina Active Member

Well I was initially very excited about this game but after a few negative reviews decided I would hold off and give it some stabilization time.

I just read this though: EA Threatens to Ban Sim City Purchasers Who Request a Refund furiousfanboys.com

Seems quite bad if Amazon has taken it off their list due to issues. I see the 3/5 rating so far - what everyone else's opinion of this so far, or after the weekend? I really want to play a new Sim City, but it's looking like this may not be worth it. :(

5. nadaji

nadaji Getting Started

If you can get in, it seems like a lot of fun. I think the problem people are having is not being able to play. Every review I've read has been glowing, when they are talking about actual game play.

6. nadaji

nadaji Getting Started

I just read that post you linked, seems like typical nerd rage garbage to me. Server base games always get brought to their knees at launch. I play a lot of MMOs launches, and have yet to play one that didn't have these type of issues. They work themselves out.

7. nadaji

nadaji Getting Started

8. BishopNZ

BishopNZ Well-Known Member

Just grabbed the game today, started my first city...have over 10k people....yay!

Feel free to add me, ingame name is - bishopnz

9. DextrousWeevil

DextrousWeevil Well-Known Member

Just had a play around in sandbox mode for a while getting used to making roads etc kept seeing the
    box up in the left top corner telling me that the severs are down trying to reconnect. Got in around an hour on the oceanic1 server but alas now its all gone cactus again. :(

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  10. hastarin

hastarin Active Member

DextrousWeevil likes this.
  11. DextrousWeevil

12. MeOnFire

MeOnFire Active Member

Hey all! Just thought I'll add my Origin ID here just in case you are all wondering who is this guy trying to add me :p

Origin ID: SoulSetFire

13. zWolf

zWolf Getting Started

I have seen some of you off and on in game - though, I can't seem to make comments on 'the wall' in game - I did a comment from one of you saying 'finally I'm in!' or something like that.

once I do get in, it seems like I am able to play for extended amounts of time, so that is good - I notice that my game posts advisement when it loses connection to the server, but every time that has happened so far, it has seamlessly re-connected, and I haven't noticed any 'lost saves' - meaning when I restart, it's always where I 'left off' playing - so that is good.

I'd use caution on the 'gifting' as I tried to send about 140K (a LOT of money at my stage in the game,) to my alt start up city, and so far, I can't find it - it's gone from my main city, but has yet to arrive at the new city.

I checked online, and it said that the only requirement for receiving gifts was to have a town or city hall. (which I have.)

so, take caution on the gifts.

I'm not sure 'how' to see what all is built - but, I have a college up, so that should help - though it's ruining my financially, I really didn't have the infrastructure up to support the added 3000K / hour cost it incurs, so I often have to 'shut it down' just to get back on track... then, my industry fails, because it can't find 'skilled workers' sigh - I'm hovering around 200k Sims in my City - it's been quite fun getting to that point - but, my 'gift' of 140k to my 'starter town' was going to be my 'restart' since I am sort of 'stuck' in my main town.

anyway, how's every one else doing? having fun?

I saw a few other names in the other Sim's thread, I'll try to send out friend requests to them and invites.

I'm not thrilled about the fact that In this 'multiplayer' game, I can't interact with anyone that isn't connected to me with a road... I imagine that opens up as we start developing trade centers and such.

so far, though, the game's been fun (technical difficulties aside.)

14. zWolf

zWolf Getting Started

Oh, I wanted to mention that I'm in the NeverWinter Online Beta test, and will probably be playing that all weekend long.

I'll check the forums though to see if there are folks I should invite to the region etc.

thanks,

15. Ireniicus

Ireniicus Getting Started

Would love to play with Toggers

Origin ID: Ireniicus

16. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

How bad are the servers still?

17. Azhi

Azhi Well-Known Member

would like an invite to the region

origin name: fefris

18. rawprawn

rawprawn Active Member

Bad for me.. I can only get it to work now and then. I cant seem to join game with others at all. I'll try again next week. If we released a product like that in my business, heads would have rolled. EA are a joke.

19. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

20. DextrousWeevil

Well I hope I can choose something decent then that doesn't require permanent connection lol