Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Kess

Kess Retired Captain

Hi guys. Not sure if anyone has been following the upcoming action MMO Skyforge.

It looks to be a great blend of scifi and fantasy. The catch with this game is that you play to become a god. You gain followers and have the ability to unleash your true God mode as an elite skill.

Check it out at Skyforge - Become ? God in this AAA Fantasy Sci-fi MMORPG

The combat looks incredibly slick with an emphasis on action.

At the moment they're allowing large guilds to get access to the upcoming beta. So sign up and mention The Oldsr Gamers. I'll send a pm to them and into riddick our guild and hopefully we'll get an invite.

Tyrian Prime likes this.
  2. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Skyforge has progressed to closed beta testing in Russia. The North American development team had their first Twitch stream this past week showing off game play and character progression. Two of the details they discussed were the importance of guilds and that the first English closed beta test will be very "soon".

The game looks very polished with an emphasis on action combat. Given the importance of acquiring guild members to progress toward endgame content, and that CBT keys are starting to be distributed I wanted to draw attention to the game and gauge interest.

The game looks entertaining with elements that should especially appeal to those that enjoyed Wildstar and Terra combat.

Has anyone besides Kess been following Skyforge?

Is there enough interest to put up a post in the Skyforge Guild Forums?

Check out the game Here: Skyforge - Become ? God in this AAA Fantasy Sci-fi MMORPG

The hour long Twitch stream is available Here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMmSUr89-Zo

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
    Tyrian Prime likes this.
  3. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Star Citizen: Southern Seraphs Officer

Ill sign up for this for sure.

4. Bluesteel

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, it slipped right by me and looks fantastic!

5. Tyrian Prime

Tyrian Prime Active Member

+1

6. trickyb

trickyb Active Member

This game looks great, tried to do the mini puzzle game as it ran through Christmas for a beta key but no luck :( Getting involved with TOG though would be much better

7. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

This looks really promising :) Have they given any hint as to a release date?

I hope the animations they've shown are going to get some more work, they don't seem all that smoothly animated. But it looks fun.

I'm also curious about how they plan to fund the game since it says it's completely free to play. I assume that means micro-transactions of some sort.

8. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

Looks a lot like Neverwinter Online....

9. Bluesteel

Founder packs now available, the old buy yourself into closed beta etc etc. will be buying the top tier pack just to keep me busy until Black Desert lol

10. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

I pulled the trigger as well. Each of the Founder's Packs allows for entry into the closed beta, which according to the Skyforge forums begins with CBT1 March 11th. Not sure about duration or if it is 24/7, but this will keep me busy while I'm waiting on Crowfall and Camelot Unchained.

Guess we should start researching server and faction information so we can coordinate for the closed beta... Look forward to seeing those interested in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  11. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I purchased a pack as well, just can't help myself really, but I have been following this game for a while :) As far as servers go, I believe they are going the mega server route, with one for NA and one for Europe.

12. Bluesteel

I think CBT1 is for a week but they follow up pretty close with CB2, I think price is pretty reasonable compared to other founder packs of recent times and even the lowest gets you into closed beta.

13. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

Picked up the Ultimate edition founder's pack, so I will be around.

Edit: Chose to pay in USD, so NA pack

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  14. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

It does look like there will only be two servers, one for NA and one for EU. You have to select which Founders Pack you want NA or EU and they are region locked to the server. The community managers on the forums have stated that there are no immediate plans for an Oceanic server.

It also appears that the issue of factions or races is irrelevant as the single server per region will be divided into channels to balance the load and there only appear to be various classes anyway. PvP will be a mix of selectable events ranging from every man for him/herself to Pantheon (guild) wars.

Since eventually growing a Pantheon (guild) will be important to unlock higher level content it would make sense that TOG selects either the North American or European Server so that we are not divided. I know this topic has created debate in other games, and it is only a suggestion. In the pre-beta stress test held last fall it appears numbers and participation were mostly balanced between NA and EU servers. So both should be active. With that said I selfishly vote for NA. I've seen multiple groups from TOG dwindle in too many games and it stinks to see friends drift off to other more active guilds. That is what killed Allods Online (This development team's previous game) for me. Well that and the cash shop...

I hope that in two weeks we get to meet in a shiny new game. I also hope since Skyforge will be free to play at release that this cash shop isn't too punitive.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  15. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

I got the 2nd tier pack. It feels risky to pay $50 for a game that might end up being horrible but hopefully it pays off.

16. Bluesteel

I go by the "LUDY THEORY". If i can get $1 an hours worth, Im happy.

17. SirDoc

SirDoc Active Member

Wouldn't be the first time I shelled out for a game that gets shelved after 1 week of play.
    God I wish I had just a fraction the mulah that I've wasted.
    Well anyhoo; I forked over the $69.99 for the highest i could get.
    We'll see you on the inside.

18. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

We will see in just a few hours over one week. Still no word about start time or when the client will be available for download, but you have to imagine there will be news before this weekend. Any ideas about what class each of you will be starting?

19. Bluesteel

Paladin!

20. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

Lightbinder !