Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

Berserker

2. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

I'll be there in closed beta, the more research I did with this game the more
    I was impressed by it. Particularly this. The Divine Observatory hub area, where you'll choose whether you're up for solo content, or instances tuned for groups of three, five, ten or 25 players, within which there's the standard separation of dungeons, story missions, raids and the like.

Not sure which class tho????

Looks like the NA servers are in California

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  3. The Horror

The Horror Active Member

Does it matter? You can switch classes at will while keeping your character advancement intact in the Atlas. That means you will only ever create one character. Classes can be switched any time out of combat, or in combat if you are in God mode.

4. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Yeah starting class is not a massive decision, as you can unlock all classes. And you can way point on your atlas to the quickest way possible for you to unlock your favourite class/es.

My starting class will be either berserker or paladin.

5. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

I was just curious what everyone was thinking in the lead up to the CBT. My only concern was starting as an advanced class and skipping some of the fundamental adds to strength, critical hit %, skills, etc. But I'm sure that even if each class doesn't have similar skill and stat upgrades it won't be an issue to return to the three base classes and add those points. It will be interesting to see builds once we get further into the game and accumulate Rubies, Sapphires and Emeralds.

6. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we can make at least 2 characters, I've never been able to stick with just one.

Actually now that I think about it, will we even have a choice of races?

7. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

It appears that everyone is humanish. You take the role of an immortal and the NPCs are humanoid.

8. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

From reading the forums it seems there will be only one character slot available. You may be able to buy one from the cash shop. However this is all subject to change as the devs we tweak the game from responses in cbt.

9. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

I'm more than confident we'll be able to buy them later. I can't imagine a F2P game that wouldn't take advantage of altitis.

10. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

From wiki

Players will earn different types of Sparks during missions, quests and dungeons. (Unsure about PVP). When looking at your Ascension Atlas and clicking on nodes, you will see which type of Spark and how many you need to unlock that node. There are four types of Sparks currently. They are:

Sparks of Destruction
    Sparks of Transgression
    Sparks of Creation
    Sparks of Balance

We believe that these took the place of Gems in gamplay but that is yet to be confirmed

11. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

I might get the basic pack. AUD$25 seems reasonable.

I'm interested in the Necromancer / Slayer. For starting class i'll probably do Lightbender.

Cryomancer
    Paladin
    Lightbender

Slayer
    Berserker
    Gunner

Necromancer
    Archer
    Kinetic

Unconfirmed

Monk
    Witch
    Alchemist
    Lancer

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  12. SirDoc

SirDoc Active Member

I assume (hopefully correctly) there will be a room for us on Team Speak (were still using TS?) where I can jump in to get some guidance once we get started.

13. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

I guess we should work this out with the administration. As of last word there is no guild or Pantheon communication set up in game during the CBT. This functionality is to be added before launch. Comms of some kind would be a good idea for those of us in TOG that might want to group. I will send a message and inform the thread when I hear back.

14. Pinkeh

15. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

not sure we will be able to get a division going. will have to see what the numbers are like close to open beta. so far I would be surprised if we hit double digits in the first close beta.

16. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

The interest from TOG has been tepid leading up to the CBT. Unless something changes I doubt we end up with a division by launch, which is alright... We had a guild in Allods Online that maxed out at about 20 players, some of the other free to play games have sections within the open or membership forums without having a division. It just sort of surprises me because TERA started out with a large following here, and the combat in Skyforge is as compelling if not more interesting. I think that it has just flown under the radar being a Russian game. It may also be that the game is primarily combat oriented, with less of a quest focus or that much of it can be soloed. I obviously think it is worth attention and would rather have well thought out solo and small group assignments / instances that kill 3 rat quests. I am excited to see how the game develops, especially once Pantheons and the end game content start rolling out. Having a single character that can grow every skill / class might make for long term entertainment.

17. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Administration has the TeamSpeak request pending additional information on the beta. I imagine it would help to get a role call on who has beta access or a founders pack. I'll start a roll call thread in The Realms.

18. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Star Citizen: Southern Seraphs Officer

In the meantime ToG TS always has an "Any Game" few channels at the top of the list so can always use those. There are 4 separate channels there.

19. Pinkeh

Well i want to try the game first before considering about running a division again :p
    There is a sizeable amount of administrative duties to do before that even occurs.

In Warframe we started with just a small guild of about 10 members, and then gradually numbers built up before a division was formed. And the division only existed because roob stepped up to run it :)

Has anyone received their email invites yet?

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  20. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Not as yet. Skyforge forum moderators are saying "soon". the unconfirmed report is a 3:00 CET start to the beta. That's a little under 10 hours. Who knows, a 10:00 pm Eastern US start time and 3:00 am Amsterdam time start seems crazy, but If they want to work all night...

** Correction **

It has been confirmed that it will be a 3:00 pm CET start time, not a 0300 CET start. That gives us 21 hours to download the client. Good luck

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015