Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Looks like the client is available for download. I still haven't received my email invite, but if you had your account badge for beta participation when you login there should be a download button were the CBT Information button used to be. I have downloaded the mygames loader and the Skyforge game download is running at 2-3 MB/sec. The loader is telling me I have around an hour left on the 8.01 GB dowload.

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-closed-beta-client-download-now-available

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  2. SirDoc

SirDoc Active Member

I'm downloading it now too at 7.0 Mbs (thank you Charter)
    Guess we'll see whats going on in the game to get a clan/(whatever) and move from there.

3. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

During this closed beta test at least the Pantheon system, Skyforge's guild and follower system, will not be available. During the entire Russian closed beta it has been inactive. It is doubtful there will be any guild tools available during the Western beta tests. Consequently, I doubt we will be able to form anything other than 3 and 5 man groups for the available PvE and PvP content.

We have permission to use the TOG Member TeamSpeak. Until we secure a Skyforge channel we can start in the MMO Tavern, under the TOG MMO Divisions section or in the Any Game channel at the top of the server, as Bluesteel suggested. Since this is a public forum please do not mention server or logon information. Information for voice communications is available in the TOG Member Forums - Voice Communications under the sticky threads at the top of the forum. We will be on the TOG Member Only TeamSpeak server.

-- UPDATE --
    We have a Skyforge channel (3/11)

Look forward to talking with everyone in beta 13 1/2 hours from now =)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

Skyforge CBT1 Start Time

Time when the event takes place:
    Brussels: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 3:00 PM
    Sydney: Thursday, 12 March 2015 at 1:00 AM

Time in some other locations:
    Tokyo: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 11:00 PM
    Beijing: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 10:00 PM
    Moscow: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 5:00 PM
    New Delhi: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 7:30 PM
    Paris: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 3:00 PM
    London: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 2:00 PM
    Buenos Aires: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 11:00 AM
    New York: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 10:00 AM
    Los Angeles: Wednesday, 11 March 2015 at 7:00 AM

List generated using timeanddate.com’s Event Time Announcer
    Event Time Announcer - Skyforge CBT1 Starts

Also i just saw the update to my account in the Skyforge site thanks. Don't need an invite/email.

5. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Please thank Rickety who took time earlier today from raiding to set up Skyforge's TeamSpeak channel. Look for us between Neverwinter and Star Citizen under the TOG MMO Divisions. :)

6. Pinkeh

They say the game's live but all i'm seeing is this.

[​IMG]
    They acknowledge the problem so hopefully fixed by tomorrow.

EDIT: Skip the NA server. Jumped on EU and its running fine. Probably the same amount of lag for Aussies. You change servers by the launcher. Ping is ~350ms on EU server.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  7. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

It is now 4 1/2 hours after the beta servers went up and most players trying to access the North American server are still unable to log on. Twitter and the Skyforge forums point to an authentication server issue. Developers have supposedly finally narrowed down the problem and will be restarting the servers.

Didn't see this coming, wasting a first day trying to log on to a game, community going insane, nerd rage, developers and community managers saying they are aware of the problem... Please be patient... We'll have a fix soon....

If only stomping my feet and throwing a temper tantrum could fix the server issue!

-- Update --

4:00 pm EDT / 20:00 UTC - North American server is down for a fix, no ETA as yet.

5:00 pm EDT /21:00 UTC - North American server is up and the game appears stable. Good Luck

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  8. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

Sounds like a standard CBT to me, lol.

9. SirDoc

SirDoc Active Member

I'm in

10. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

The NA server seems pretty stable now - from Melbourne I'm sitting on 160 - though there are the occasional lag spikes, but they are very very brief.

11. Daed

Daed Getting Started

yeah seems fine now

12. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

So at what point do you get to actually create your own character and reserve your name?

Edit: Ha, not even 2 minutes after I posted that, turns out.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  13. SirDoc

SirDoc Active Member

A question about combos.
    For instance, the beserker has one that is two left mouse clicks and one right.
    Are you suppose to just click them in that order as fast as you can?
    I'm trying that and it doesn't seem to be working.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

14. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

Sirdoc,

You can't usually click as fast as you can or you end up doing your 3 left click or 4 left click combo... Slow down a bit and if necessary watch to see when the icon for your 2 left, 1 right combo appears until you get a rythym.

I still miss the high damage single target 2 left, 1 right combo on the paladin all the time.

15. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

there is a skyforge chat channel in the mmo section of ts,

16. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Star Citizen: Southern Seraphs Officer

Glad I worked today and came home to log on. Smooth log in, Ive changed the mouse clicks to keys as I prefer that. So far ive found the combat quite nice, havent played that long yet but chose Paladin and done a few quest areas.

If you are having trouble with your combos mouse clicking I highly recommend key binding to another key.

17. Katanako

Katanako Active Member

Just preordered, downloading to have a look at it.

18. Pinkeh

Just a few convenient tips:

- CTRL+U to hide the HUD for screenshots
    - Point your cursor at someone and hold G for quick menu to invite to group / add friend etc
    - When E pops up, hit it to execute a target that's low on hp. You need to aim at the one that's low hp otherwise it can change target to something else in a group fight. Some ranged skills may also be used with E (Paladin gets a charge attack at range)
    - Don't waste your special attacks / utilities. Learn to read the boss monster when it is about to do a special attack. Sometimes it is easier to just run around them or dodge their attacks than to tank the damage.
    - Loot is instanced, what you see is yours to take
    - Health orbs are shared between everyone so don't take it if you don't need it
    - No agro management on my paladin yet (prestige nearly 1500). So uh DPS.... learn to not attack if you're trying to lose agro :)
    - Monster tagging is not shared between party members - if you're ranged DPS and vaporising targets in one hit, you are making it more difficult for other people trying to complete their kill missions. If they don't tag a monster, you get no XP/loot/credit.
    - Check your ability window and read about your skills. Very important especially for classes with skills that can have two stages/charged; or melee with combo attacks.
    - Don't button mash. Some fights go quicker if you just observe your target, and unleash your attacks when appropriate. If a monster pops a shield, there's no point smashing that target when there are other targets around it that are weakened or exposed.
    - In missions, some objectives require you to collect healing orbs or perform a minimum number of dashes. These have to be in combat.
    - Most bosses drop health orbs. Each bar you deplete will drop an orb. Time your health pickups if you need them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  19. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

The voice acting in this game is hilariously bad. I love it.

20. Katanako

Katanako Active Member

Played a Paladin for a couple of hours last night. Very surprised by the game.

Can be difficult if you don't think about what you're doing, took me a while to solo the Hippo boss on the docks. All the deaths were a great learning experience though.

Will be interested to see where the game goes from here. Not too many bugs and a lot of stuff is still in development.