Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

They're calling it a closed beta but the game has actually been in beta testing for quite a while now in Russia from what I understand.

2. Bluesteel

Bluesteel Star Citizen: Southern Seraphs Officer

Ive been toying with Paladin but I think im going to try a few other classes too. Can you only do this by going back and repeating missions?

3. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

you can change whenever you want. your can unlock your tree by farming a few easier orb missions otherwise its just a matter of playing the class.

4. Bluesteel

Wow the Gunner is pretty fun, Im usually a Melee guy but yeah, cool fun.

5. Pinkeh

We made a channel ingame "The Older Gamers", it looks like anyone should be able to join. In the absence of guilds (pantheons) and if you're not in the TS channel.

6. CandyPayne

CandyPayne Active Member

Pre-ordered and downloading atm ;)

7. Bluesteel

How do you join a channel?

8. Pinkeh

Well the only way I did it is add someone as a contact, and then invite them.
    You can also create a channel with the same name and that might put you into it.

I'm also discovering some questionable design choices in this game.
    The prestige system is problematic for group instances. If the disparity is too great between two players, you can't do group instances. I am hoping they fix that pronto because I'm sitting at 2200 and i can't group with a few friends who just joined the game.

9. Bluesteel

Ahh that sucks, at least in GW2 you could scale it.

10. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

I was reading about this on their forum, under bug reports. No one seems to know what the gap is meant to be. Some people were reporting being unable to group up with as little a gap as 50 prestige.
    I was at around 800-950 and grouped with a brand new player, so would have been about 50-100.

This is a concern though. Its very difficult to keep at the same speed of levelling as other friends, and with no alts its not even possible to put aside a specific character to run with those who like to play less frequently.

11. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Really in its current state this is not a game for me. I will revisit later betas and open to see if they have made the necessary changes. The 3 man adventures needs a group finder. This is affecting replayability running the same adventures with other people is fun. By yourself not so much.

I join an adventure instance and has sparks as a reward and instead I get credits. That needs fixing.

Its doesn't feel like an mmo, I felt like I am playing a single player rpg.

They shouldn't mention the word tank, because the game at the moment doesn't have a taunt feature. And if it did they would certainly need support heals rather than heath balls(which reminded me of 1980s gaming, which is not a bad thing.)

There are positives like boss mechanics, but I don't want to create a wall of text. So I will rate this game.

so all in all I would give this game 2 stars out of 5.

Snott likes this.
  12. Bluesteel

Funny this is exactly how I feel at the moment. I also feel Im just doing the same thing over and over. But the combat has ALOT of potential and I look forward to seeing the finished product but yeah, doesnt feel like an MMO. Feels like its in a category all on its own.

13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

Agree 100%.

My thoughts:

Plus: the combat is fun (up to a point, then it just feels very repetitive); I like that clothing is costume only, I liked that in The Secret World as well; a lot of the fights have some sort mechanic attached to it. The scenery is wonderful.

Minus: The bosses are not hard - they just have a lot of health; instance instance instance - and the instances are small. One particular instance annoyed me because I could see a beach, and an island with a house on it, up the hill was a small village and beyond that a temple....but could I get to it? No. I was just forced to repeat the same fights down on the docks, over and over. Linear on the rails. Even the "open world" zones that have other players in them, have a defined path through them.

Obviously this opinion is based only on a few days, and I am interested in seeing what else they add to it. Will I be playing come open beta? I can see myself tinkering with this, but only because it is F2P - I'd never pay a sub.

14. CandyPayne

CandyPayne Active Member

I am loving it, its what happens when Guild Wars 2 has a love child with warframe :):)

15. Pinkeh

Yeah i dont think its a mmo. It feels like multiplayer with a lobby. You grind a lot solo too. I agree its similar to warframe and guild wars 1.

16. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

The Closed Beta 1 testing is not open-ended....it will close before starting Closed Beta 2. Per the Skyforge website:
    For this initial CBT, the servers will remain online until the test concludes next Wednesday, March 18 at 2:00am PDT (10:00am CET).

http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-cbt1-downtime-compensation

TQQdles™

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  17. CandyPayne

CandyPayne Active Member

What Dolnor said, except its now extended to the 19th ;)

18. Pinkeh

So we get to see the weekly limits reset. i'm already capped on currency -_-

I maxed out the Paladin today. I'm quite disappointed with the class.

- Progression is slow because you do no damage.
    - Bad for clearing dungeons. Which means people won't take you on dungeon runs later. They'll take a berserker because its a great frontline fighter. The Paladin does no damage in group dungeons, and the abilties to deal with threat and damage mitigation are not that great.
    - Animations are pretty, but lock you in place which opens you up to being killed by the boss.
    - Long cast time and GCD in abilities.
    - The Paladin's ultimate ability is a joke. Does an aoe knockdown for laughable damage and drops a field so you don't need energy for about 10 seconds, but then it takes 12 minutes to become available again.
    - Bad damage mitigation at 3000+ prestige (mobs hit like a truck and shield bubble lasts 2 seconds)
    - Bad threat management. You have the option of a talent that requires you to attack with your laughable damage, one AOE taunt that takes 4 seconds to cast and 18 seconds cooldown and a ground AOE ability that does negligible damage and pulls all mobs that you make contact to you but because of your terrible damage mitigation and defense, you die almost immediately.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  19. ForrestGump

ForrestGump Well-Known Member

Good to see A LOT of comments concerning this game, mostly negative or "I'll wait and see" types. I paid for the founders and as expected do not have a lot of time to play. What I have played, I have enjoyed, but mostly at entry level.
    Please keep the feedback coming. I like the graphics and environment. But if the game play and end game content are not up to snuff, then I'll not spend $$ on it.

Respectfully,

FG

20. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I think my comments probably read fairly negative - but in truth, I've enjoyed playing around with it. But as other's have said, it is not an MMO. Once I accepted that, I was fine. It does have its issues, as I and others mentioned, but I'm interested enough to see where it goes. But it definitely won't replace anything as my "Main MMO"