Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

I've been fairly negative simply because I don't enjoy the Paladin and it's been my main. I play melee fighters in almost every MMOG and this tank is a failure. The more i play it, the less i enjoy it because difficulty keeps increasing because of bad design. There is an entire thread of unhappy paladins on the SF forums.

The beta is a good time to test builds and game mechanics. But after playing the Paladin extensively I'm going to skip it. I dont think it'll be fixed in a month or before launch.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Lets call it for what it is a "train wreck" unless you are a die hard fan boy. However with this injection of fresh capital they can fix it and make it truly epic.

3. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

lol - I don't know if I'd call it a train wreck - maybe a three car pile up on the highway. I definitely feel like I'm playing a low budget game though. But for what it is - it isn't too bad.

4. Katanako

Katanako Active Member

I sort of agree with Pinkeh, I stopped playing the Paladin at around 1500. It was just taking too long to get mobs down. Shame really, as the animations were really good.

I didn't realise it until I switched to Beserker and just mowed through content without hardly any skills unlocked.

Have played everything solo so far, but I still like the game and am enjoying it so far.

5. CandyPayne

CandyPayne Active Member

I am not a die hard fan boy, and I don't think it is a train wreck.

It seems a pretty good semi casual lobby based mmo / co op game with very nice graphics, pretty smooth game play / controls and does what I think it is trying to aim for.
    That is also in closed beta.. as in being tuned, and still being worked on.

Is it a good fit for those looking for a more traditional mmo like Eq, wow, lotr, ect... probably not.

Would it be alright for those that liked GW1, Diablo, Warframe, ect.. I think so.

Do I feel my precious $20 has been wasted... nope.

;)

6. Pinkeh

I've started playing Cryo. I'm mowing through dungeons -_- I just had to pick the hardest class to start.

I paid the $20 one, it was worth it. I would consider upping to $50 and just play the berserker.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  7. Khondo

Khondo Black Desert Online Leader

It's an early beta, I did not spend too much time in game for that reason alone.

It already has me. I will be upgrading my purchase in the coming months unless of course they do some major drastic changes.

Still a lot of stuff to be added to the game, not sure if anyone can make a decision not to play on what they offered this week. Seemed pretty good for an early closed beta.

8. Katanako

Katanako Active Member

And you only need one toon, so cured of your Altitis, right?

9. Pinkeh

Playing the lightbender. OMG. It does more damage than the cryo o_O

I'll say the progression on the LB is just right where as the Paladin is severely underpowered.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  10. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

lol - yeah, if you don't bother with the "support" spells, it is quite an efficient dps class :)

11. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

Maybe the class I chose was lame and there for my opinion is a bit skewered. Will revisit the game later and chose another class. However once it hits open beta, and the cash shop and premium accounts are revealed i'll make a decision. (at glance this game has a lot of cash shop opportunities)

However if they don't implement a lfg tool for the adventures that is a deal breaker for me.

I liked the animations and abilities like divine scourge for the paladin. And would like to see if they become the best class at the back end of the atlas. However they need to make it playable at the start.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  12. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can't say I came away impressed from the little bit of time I spent playing. The game just lacks a lot of polish that we expect in the west I think. There's a lot of potential but I don't see me playing it as my main game anytime soon.

13. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

Perhaps that is why the game is still in closed beta ;)

14. Peave

Peave Well-Known Member

It's been in closed beta for quite a while now in Russia. If you think it's going to look significantly different at release I think you'll be in for some disappointment.

15. Ezekiel

Ezekiel Getting Started

I won't be disappointed because I don't have any expectations with this game, as I've previously said, it's got issues. I just don't think you can really complain about a lack of polish in game that is still in closed beta, however long it has been so. If it launches as is, then fair enough.

16. Lurch

Lurch Well-Known Member

Anybody know of free CBT keys floating around the interwebs?

I'm curious about the game, just not $20 curious.

17. Pinkeh

They don't give them out enmass. The only time i've seen them give out keys was during twitch live streaming and that's like half a dozen keys.

Edit: I hit 5000 prestige near the end of the beta.

18. Illuminist

Illuminist Active Member

great job Pinkeh, I played each of the classes but couldn't get my primary Lightbringer above 2800. Still trying to figure out the adepts system. The next beta begins March 25th.

19. Pinkeh

The weekly limits put a massive bottleneck to your adept system. Plus there was a weird bug where items in the marketplace disappeared after you went past a certain prestige level so you couldn't buy anymore.

20. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

If I don't like a game I will not comment on it, because I don't want to be a buzz kill for others playing the game. I had high hopes for this game and I was disappointed. However this was different, it felt like a money grab. I expected more integrity from the allodds team. I was happy at first that other toggers were playing this game. Now I am not so happy. However its seems like not much is going to change from now till open beta. Therefore give it thorough test drive in the next beta. My personal belief is that they are selling an unfinished product.