Skyforge

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Kess, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Asmodai

Asmodai Well-Known Member

I think all impressions, pro and con, should be expressed. There's a difference between endless negativity and honest "Yeah, I don't like ..." feedback.

I'm a sandbox nut and with the plethora around at the moment, I've taken to watching Worth a Buy (google it, hilarious, language is bleeped out so it's mostly SFW) to get an idea what a game is like before I fire the wallet cannon at the screen.

2. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

I have signed up for the Beta, to me it looks ok with a hint of SWTOR mixed into the game.

3. BlackIce

BlackIce Guardian Captain

Just a heads up/warning for anyone who has the My.com client installed and running at startup (its default setting).
    It turns out this client uses P2P transfers by default and has the option "Continue seeding when download complete" turned on.

I launched it up today and noticed the patch downloading at >32MB/s. Something way beyond my max network speed. I was downloading from the second computer in the house that had already installed it.

I have since turned off the option to share the installer on all machines in the house. I don't appreciate it consuming my bandwidth without asking me.

4. Katanako

Katanako Active Member

I noticed this on the weekend too... Sneaky varmints!

5. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

Ah i turned that off when i noticed my bandwidth spiking in CBT1.

6. Pinkeh

My lessons learned from CBT1 and CBT2:

1. Don't spread your sparks on multiple characters. Pick one class and stick with it.
    2. Higher atlas is unlocked once you reach the "Ultimate" ability on one class.
    3. Higher atlas node unlocks will increase your prestige much faster than class node unlocks.

4. Prestige scales game difficulty (increases monster health and damage). If you don't want to increase the difficulty, stop unlocking nodes on the higher atlas! (refer to #3)
    5. Unique class specific drops are only available once you've unlocked the class.
    6. Weekly caps can be reached in about 17-20 hours of game time. At which point all you'll get are celestial threads.

7. Celestial threads are a bloody waste of time. Don't farm for them.
    8. After installing the game client, go into your game launcher and turn off "continue seeing game client when download complete".
    9. Don't play Paladin. No really... stop playing the Paladin no matter where you are!

10. Green nodes on the atlas increase your proficiency score (gear score).
    11. There are significant changes being made to the adept / orders system as well as prestige based group requirements (from developer announcement).
    12. Pay to win coming to Skyforge (screenshot from Russian OBT) in the form of attribute progression using Argent credits. Currently they are mystery nodes on the higher atlas.

12a. Russian OBT players paying for certain things are reporting that they can bypass credit caps and progress at around 200% rate of free to play. The joys of pay to win.
    13. Variable difficulty selection for dungeons soon (rumor from developer/community manager).
    14. Is it worth a buy? $20 yes. Other options up to you. Personally I don't see the value of the $50 or $70 packs. I reached the currencies of the $70 pack in about 50 hours of play. So all you're buying them for is the class unlocks, which is the only reason to pay that much money.

15. How do i join a party? Point your cursor at someone and bring up the quick menu, then follow the prompts. (Check your bindings). If the player is not in your vicinity, add them to your friends list using their player name (not account name) on Aelinet. Then right click their player name on your friends list and invite to party.

16. How do i join a channel? Open your game info panel (press any key that brings up your UI... K, I, L, B whatever) and look at the black bar on the bottom of the screen. Click that once and it brings up the chat console. Right click on a tab at top and you should be able to create a channel (if not available) and join it by typing in the channel name. We used "The Older Gamers" in game and a few of us started chatting in there.

17. Is there a TOG guild yet? No. Guilds are not in the game yet.
    18. You can get all of the class costumes once you've finished the class tutorial in the VR simulator. The game will prompt you to go there as you progress through the story.

19. The state of the game right now: NA beta's game mechanics are BROKEN.
    Russian open beta is a different game, given the extensive changes being discussed. Recommend you just wait for release if you're wondering about trying Skyforge.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
    Finnwe likes this.
  7. Pinkeh

The gossip of the week at Skyforge forums is the monetization annoucement, and the weekly caps. Its the most discussed topics on the SF forums on both NA/EU and amongst those in the Russian betas. I think there is a majority in wanting the credit caps removed.

8. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Can you please provide a link?

9. Finnwe

Finnwe Well-Known Member

The gist of it is this argents can be converted to credits without affecting credit cap.

10. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Still it is good practice to supply a link of the original source ;)

11. Pinkeh

This is the PR spin (official announcement)

They did a good job with the PR sell yeah?

Well below is the player interpretation from the Russian open beta (translated and dumped onto the English forums).

It comes down to being able to pay for permanent attributes / stats boost. If your credit card is already maxed, maybe consider mortgaging the house, selling your first born, or do a few bank heists. God status is expensive. :cool: :w

The longer version below:

So that wraps up Skyforge news of the week.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. Pinkeh

Closed Beta 3 begins April 22.

13. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

I am also looking at jumping in wait of Black Desert, which I actually respect in that there doesn't seem to be a plan for founder packs (which are evil). Unless I haven't come across it.

Anyways, anyone able to report in on the value of foundering into Skyforge or if its a wait for release title? Is Skyforge open world?

14. Pinkeh

Delushin i recommend you just wait till it is released. It will be free to play and the value of the founders pack is questionable if you just want to play a demo. It is heavily instanced, and not an open seamless world. There are some large zones that are public "open world" like but it is still an instanced area. It takes roughly 4-5 hours to "finish" each of those instances.

CBT3 has started, but there were no changes from CBT2 except they've flipped the switch and unlocked a few new areas.

A lot of disgruntled beta testers because they know the current NA/EU build is vastly different from the Russian build which is the current production version (in open beta) which will render testing NA/EU utterly pointless.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    Snott and delushin like this.
  15. Tzeentch

Tzeentch Retired Captain

Always sad when that type of thing happens.

16. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Thank you for the reply and I can see that there is no value in paying to demo, I will watch this but I am starting to think that I wont be playing anything for the next 5 year cycle.

I wait in hope that this crap that is the microtransaction and booster era will eventually hit an equilibrium and return to a different state. There use to be something cool about being the pimp daddy that had the time to hit the high rank and show of the shiny armor, now you just buy it and it doesn't have the same effect. Hell I even bought $250 worth of WoW trading cards at one stage to be one of the first to have the red rocket, cosmetics yes, paid self power leveling -you can keep it. Takes the fun out of getting a group and experiencing things together.

I have supported many free to play games and still think that PoE is the only one to get content and transactions right, ok its not a massive open world but man talk about success off a small player base ... imagine what the big releases could do if they just removed all of the xp booster, gold booster and this and that booster crap and just went with cosmetics, base items, mounts, pets and flaming guns/swords.

I do thank the crap that is being released lately in that it has made me check out some really epic indie devs that I would have never otherwise seen. Oh and ESO for PS4 is shaping up to look really good so I will be revisiting that world. Each to their own but ESO has to be one of the better MMOs from a holistic point at the moment and the console version is going to be epic.

17. Pinkeh

Vague announcement on the official forums suggest CBT4 is supposed to be sometime this month.

18. Snott

Snott Well-Known Member

Hmm, thinking I'll see how it looks and feels on release. No one else has captured the "action movement/combat" in an mmo properly yet except a couple I reckon, and that is a huge appeal for me. 4-5 hours in one sitting is out for me too.

Looks nice though, am keeping an eye on it.

19. Pinkeh

skyforge early access begins this week, open beta on the 16th

20. ArclightOP

ArclightOP Just Joined

My wife and I played in the closed beta and in todays stress test. Despite the micro transaction base, I think the game has a lot going for it. Combat is fun, so far the cash is only an accelerant, and doesn't grant much that you couldn't get without it by playing a little longer.