One: So...to buy or not to buy. That is the question.

Discussion in 'Hardware Talk' started by Ancient_One, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

I own a PS3 and PS4. Have loved playing the games on offer for these consoles.

But

Their was a time I had an XBOX and really enjoyed Halo and Halo 2.

The wife has given the okay for me to buy a One as I can get The Master Chief Collection.

Question is should I?

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  2. Chief

Chief Well-Known Member

I don't think it's ever worth buying a console for 1 game, is there anything else on xbone that interests you? Sunset Overdrive seems decent and I assume Forza is better than Driveclub since that's been getting terrible reviews though I'm not into racing games so can't say for sure.

Right now both consoles really lack exclusives, I haven't turned my PS4 on in almost a month now and decided to buy a new PC instead since that just has waaaay more to offer. Plus all the big upcoming titles will run better on that than either of the consoles.

3. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Division Captain

It's not one game mate. It's 5:

Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
    Halo 2: Anniversary
    Halo 3
    Halo 4
    45 campaign missions plus more than 100 multiplayer (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps.
    New prologue and epilogue cut scenes foreshadowing Halo 5: Guardians
    and access to the Halo 5: Guardians Beta.

They call it the complete story.

and as far as exclusives are concerned MS have secured the next Lara Croft. :?

4. Chief

Chief Well-Known Member

Yeah I know it's multiple halo games but I still don't think it's worth buying a console for but then I have already played half of them. Personally I don't think either console is a really good investment right now.

Also Tomb Raider is a timed exclusive.

5. Dravin

Dravin Well-Known Member

I've never played Halo, let alone any console games since my PS2, but I did pick up a XB1, and I've been enjoying it since. Mind you I don't get a ton of game time, but the Halo Collection, Dragon Age and some other good looking stuff has my hiding my wallet (from myself). ;)

6. Shazoo

Shazoo Getting Started

definitely get one. EA Access gives you like 6 or 7 games for $5 a month, and you can cancel anytime. There's games with gold free games, snapped apps allowing you to video chat on skype while playing a game with someone, or browse reddit while watching TV. Video capture using voice commands (kinect req) is light years better then PS4's take-you-to-pause menu to save file, which doesn't really work in any multiplayer game. Plus you can get the sunset overdrive white console bundle for $349 right now. Although I'd highly recommend the kinect if you're going to want to do anything else besides gaming with your console, I hardly use the controller outside of games now. Killer instinct is awesome by the way, and has a free rotating character to use. :) Plus if you have a windows laptop (i think windows 7 or 8 required) you can stream video files to your XBO by simply having them both on the same LAN and right clicking the file on your PC and selecting "Play To: Xbox one". Works great with downloaded movies/TV. And lastly if you have a smartphone, xbox glass is awesome for use with games or just random messaging while you're in game.

7. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

I bought an XBox One mainly for Halo: Master Chief Collection. I found a Kinect version at the local Kmart going for $498.

I run my PS4 through the XBox One - having Destiny Public events snapped in Internet explorer on the side with PS4 Destiny running in the main screen is pretty cool. :)

Unfortunately, I've been having problems installing and running games on it over the last few days....

8. Blueink

Blueink Well-Known Member

9. C4

C4 Well-Known Member

Depending on my kids reports, looking at upgrading to a one, deals are tempting, wish they had a few more family/kids games.