So what's been happening?

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by Pure Mongrel, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Pure Mongrel

Pure Mongrel Retired Captain

G'day TOGers!

It has been a while ... What have you guys been up to?

I am happy to report that I am well on the come back trail health wise and I am looking forward to getting back (slowly) into some gaming. :D

So what have I missed? What is big news and what are people playing / planing on playing?

2. merwood

merwood Active Member

I actually Just bought a Playstation 3 80 gig for 240 $ and nhl 11 lots of fun and makes me realize how much I miss console gaming .
    Granted I am playing Mortal Online But I have come to a undenying point that most likely when dc universe online comes out for ps3 I will be going back to console gaming for the forseeable future as I've never really enjoyed pc gaming compared to my prior days on previous consoles .

But nonetheless glad to have found TOG in the process

3. Pure Mongrel

I have been eager for DCUO for a while now. I was disappointed to hear that it has been delayed till early next year ... but I guess that gives them some more time to polish it. Speaking of PS3 ... i have not turned mine on in ages. I wonder if it is still speaking to me? :eek:

4. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Welcome back mate :)

I tried to turn my PS3 on the other day for the first time in about 2 months, but it wouldn't turn on!

Then I plugged it in properly and it worked :D

I got a new PC, I've always been a PC gamer so have hardly used the PS3, especially since this rig runs multiplats smoother and at much higher settings. So that's why I haven't been around this division much :p

When we see more solid PS3/console exclusives I'll be back. Unfortunately it seems like that will be quite a while.

5. ozivillan

ozivillan Well-Known Member

just waiting now for the release of black ops, not sure weather to go PS3 or 360, only intrested in the 3D single player mode, 58" tv, black ops in 3D, sitting 2.0mt from screen = take cover :bigthumbsup:

6. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Well-Known Member

Hmm Well playing a lot of WOW at the moment :-( I haven't even hit Halo Reach that hard :-( and I love that game, but S$%# it hard on Legendary.. I haven't touched MAG for 5-6 weeks too.

7. Pure Mongrel

Ahh the calm before the Christmas storm ... It is a magical time when the shinny new titles start to stir the console gaming passions. It starts with a twitch in the thumbs and works it's way to the pleasure centers of the brain and allows recall of happier times spent eagerly heading to gaming stores to pick up the latest pre-ordered "fix" ;)

So what games are you guys eager to see released? Apart from Fable III, my "drugs of choice" seem to have release dates of early next year. :confused:

8. George

George Retired Captain

I'm bringing my PS3 to Afghanistan in my next rotation. I haven't played in about 4 months :(

How close are we to GT5?

9. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

Hey PM! Good to hear you're on the mend :) I have been trying out EA Sports Active before the release of number 2 next month and must admit...I'm happy with it. It's keeping me coming back daily and I'm actually feeling like I'm achieving something :)

Have been seriously looking at the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Super Bundle. With Guitar, drums and mic...well I have 3 kids who would love this..and mum might play every now and then too. Think it might be an awesome christmas pressie :D

10. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

+1 for a Christmas Present.

Maybe we could all join up for an adult jam session. Can you imagine the kids faces all the oldies jamming on the instruments and leaving them to watch. Would be a hoot.

11. Ebonytears

Ebonytears Queen of the Abyss Staff Member Moderator

*giggle* that would be so funny.:D

12. exploit

exploit Getting Started

Hey Mongrel, good to see you are OK. Has been ages since I have played any online games also. I have been busy playing real golf, working on the Rex and now planning our next move as we might be moving to Cooktown in 7 weeks.
    We should try and organise a R6 game soon some shits and giggles

13. Pure Mongrel

G'day X ... yeah been a while mate. R6 sounds great (hopefully my Internet won't let me down ... still). On the plus side HALO Reach has been ok so far (I think they have dedicated servers) and Viper, Scratches and I have recently took to Zombie killing in Dead Rising 2 like ducks to water.

As a single player game it doesn't thrill me as much (like DR1), but playing the same game with a friend is heaps of fun. It is amazing how some co-op can change the whole game experience. That fact that for 90% of the time your are laughing hard due to what your friend is wearing or the weapon they created makes a big bloody mess takes this game to a whole new level.

While Viper claims he is yet to find the mankini, I secretly believe he has and wears it when he is playing alone ;)

I for one take great delight wreaking havoc on the undead while wearing a Barney the Dinosaur head piece, what appears to be a Wiggles style outfit and fluffy bunny slippers. Add to that that I am usually carrying boxing gloves with knives strapped to them so I can open a can of Whoop-Arse Wolverine style ... and I look like a cast member of a Hell Spawn production of Sesame Street!

Now if that does not say "Kick Arse Zombie Killer!" then I don't know what does ;)

14. George

George Retired Captain

15. Spunkmeyer

Spunkmeyer Getting Started

Nice to see you around again PM, and I'm glad to hear you're getting better! The job market in our area imploded recently so I'm headed back to school. Between that and whittling away at my home theater project, I've been slacking on the forums. :?

As far as games, I'm anticipating New Vegas' arrival shortly and GT5 whenever that drops.

16. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

+1 New Vegas out next week and after that for me comes Assassins Creed - Brotherhood.

My son is the GT5 fan boy.

17. click

click Well-Known Member

I'm still gaming heaps but I haven't been on the forums. I have had a few friends buy a PS3 so I have been helping them alot. Hopefully once maybe GT5 or Blackops comes out we all might be able to hook up for a gaming night again. I feel the need for some more TOG blood :D.
    I just bought F1 2010 if anyone wants a race. Also I just want to say if you can get a copy of Mafia 2 it is well worth a look. Unfortunatly its only SP but I loved it. I described on my Facebook as Happy Days with Tommy Guns. Great cars, guns and a really good storyline.

Good to hear everyone is still alive and kicking
    Cheers Click

18. Pure Mongrel

Speaking of getting back into gaming. I removed my friends lists so as I did not have to keep responding to game requests with "Sorry dude, but I am not able to join in, thanks but no thanks". I was starting to feel like a complete tool ... well more so than usual.

If I have not offended you guys by doing this, and you want to hook up for a game, please send me a friends request.

XBL = Pure Mongrel
    PSN = Mongrel_56

19. exploit

exploit Getting Started

The first one, but now that you showed me the second one also

20. merwood

merwood Active Member

I've been playing nhl 11 and warhammer online very casually but war is prolly my last pc mmo and will be leaveing pc gaming around the holidays and focus more on my guitar practice till dc universe online comes out for ps3 .