One: So who has one!?

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by SemiproCharlie, Nov 22, 2013.

1. SemiproCharlie

SemiproCharlie Well-Known Member

I almost caved in last night and ran over to my local EB at 11pm to get in line for an Xbox One, but I fired up The Last of Us and played that to calm myself down instead. I'm really enjoying that and keep telling myself to finish that and Halo 4 before I get a new console, but I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out.

Same deal as the PS4 thread - anyone have their own Xbox One yet? What are your first hand opinions? Which games did you buy and which ones do you like? Which ones don't you like?

How do you find the Kinect? If I had one wish for this generation it would be that both the Kinect and the Playstation Camera were mandatory so that developers could treat them like part of the console instead of the optional extra that they are destined to be.

2. jonny2combz

jonny2combz Active Member

I have it and I am still trying to get my head around the new features. After I installed BF 4 I played the campaign and wow the graphics and sound are great. But there is a lot to learn like how to add new friends I am still working on that.
    I am pi%^#\ off at EA though no $10.00 upgrade here in Australia. :-(

3. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

I haz one.

I'm sure the Gamesmen in Sydney where I picked up my One had the upgrade offer (I think it was $15) - I didn't pay too much attention since I have it on PC and it didn't apply to me so I could have been completely daydreaming at the time.

4. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Captain

I was supposed to get mine at work today, wouldn't you know it get a call and on the way we pass the UPS truck. Wish I could have stopped while we had him pulled over. Now I have to wait until Monday and hope we don't get a call again.

5. Azhi

Azhi Well-Known Member

i have one, updating and installing the games is a mess, took close to 6 hours to get to play anything and over 12 hours to get two games installed correctly.

Forza looks great, so does Ghosts, just purchased DR3 looking forward to some next gen smart glass action.....

don't really like the UI on the Xbone, having issues finding things and some stuff is obviously not present at all. ie you cannot see the download queue at all ever.....

6. Rica

Rica Active Member

Yep, picked mine up at midnight launch, love it. All games are digital so updated, then bought CoD ghosts and played around with the UI and settings. Went to sleep and when I woke up had my first game play. Followed that purchase with Forza and I gotta say I think it's pretty awesome, coming from gran Torismo series I am more impressed with this game as it goes for sound and visual. Next was BF4 and again sound/visuals are way better than the 360. Also downloaded FIFA14 but not played it yet. So overall I'm dry happy with it and know I've made the right choice for me.

Feel free to add me
    GT; Rica79

7. Odo

Odo Retired Advisor

I'm really finding it hard to stop myself from buying a Xbox one. I only want it for Forza so its a lot of money just for one game.

8. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

My use was mainly as the center of my entertainment hub in the living room. Could have gone HTPC but then need something very simple for the missus to be able to operate when I'm not there. The fact that it can play games is only a bonus since the majority of my gaming is PC based and still will remain that way for most titles.

Got Forza too, looks great but content is way down compared to previous titles and as usual, my expensive wheel and pedals setup isn't supported by Microsoft. :mad: If it was just to play Forza, I'd wait unless you can also re-purpose it or a few more must have exclusives come out.

9. Dragonhammer

Dragonhammer Well-Known Member

If you can fight the urge to buy one i would wait untill they sort this out.

10. Haazen

Haazen Getting Started

I bought one for my son for his birthday. Was able to walk into our local Target and buy one on launch day. Ghosts is awesome but the perk that lets people mark you thru walls is kind of BS.
    The install/upgrade was no issue for me, then again I am on Century Link 20MB DSL.
    Not had any problems so far with the player.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
  11. jonny2combz

What a bunch of noobs the ones who have the console on its side. The instructions state clearly to be laid flat. :-(

I have had no problem so far except in playing BF 4 online some times I get disconnected from server for no reason, I cant really blame the console for that just EA for their lack of dedication to what they produce. :-(

12. jonny2combz

I wouldn't by any console for just one game. Go for the console with the games you like and enjoy it. There isn't a lot of difference they both have their problems apparently, so go for what is best for you and enjoy the gaming.

After all that's what this is about.

13. Pantronic

Pantronic Just Joined

Mine should arrive at work today or tomorrow. I don't even know why I bought one, since I never had a console before--PC gamer--but I work for an online retailer and had the opportunity to get one for a huge discount so I thought... why not? LOL.

14. Thymos

Thymos Retired Captain

15. parso

parso Getting Started

Got mine on release day with BF4, AC Black Flag and NBA 2K14.

My initial impressions were ones of frustration, having an internet connection on the wrong side of rubbish didn't help. No auto detect for wireless connections, all had to be manually inputed including connection and security types. Not very user friendly for someone not tech savvy such as myself . Got a system error after downloading the required patch to play games, which was frozen on that screen with a link to xbox support site, which was down at the time. Rebooted not knowing what had happened but i seemed to be moved onto the next part of console setup. Had it worked or not?

Eventually after many hours of installing, waiting and cursing i got to actually play something. Negative rant over now...

Bf4 looks amazing, only played a few hours of the campaign but some moments are jaw dropping. The beach landing level looks amazing!!!

AC4 was a bit meh to begin with. Maybe the art style didn't do it for me, but after investing a few hours its drawn me in and is my most played of the 3 games i bought. It has its moments graphically especially sailing the seas during a storm.

Only played NBA 2k14 for an hour max. Being a fan of the series (own em all since 2k3) this was a no brainer for me. Player models are great.

Not sure whether if its a must buy, but i just like having shiny new toys:D

16. Old School

Old School Just Joined

I have one. I was one of the .4% that got a broken PS4, mine from Amazon. So I got an xbox one instead.

I have Forza, Ryse, Battlefield4 and Lego marvel as of now. First opinion is its ok, the new Kinect is pretty responsive, I've only tried it in the Kinect Sports demo but its good in that jet ski race. Forza is good, I like Ryse. I have not had a chance to play BF4 yet, I will this week. I like the sports demo ( jet ski race ) and Killer Instinct, although I'm not that good at fighters, trying to learn in the dojo.

l 3li0t l is my tag if anyone wants to play anything.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
  17. RespectedGen1us

RespectedGen1us Just Joined

I picked up one of these on launch day. I like Ryse and Killer Instinct alot. Sooner or later I will learn how to play Killer Instinct. Add me on Xbox Live: RespectedGen1us

18. danne06

danne06 Just Joined

me

I was one:)

19. aDzDooM

aDzDooM Getting Started

I have a Xbone and looking for friends to game with, have COD ghosts BF4, NFS Rivals, DR3 and Forza 5, Add me Live : aDzDooM

20. Dravin

Dravin Retired Captain

Soooo...anyone else picked an XB1 up lately? Or anyone on the edge now that Titanfall beta has come and gone and there's a new discounted bundle out?

I'm on the very very edge of picking one up...argh...