some BF3 singleplayer footage

Discussion in 'Battlefield (Public)' started by Ned, Mar 2, 2011.

1. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Holy crap I never noticed this ... ever!

Maybe that explains those times I was like WTF, HTF, HAX

2. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

Happens all the time mate. You can use it to your advantage if you want. If you suspect there is an enemy in the building in front of you, throw a granade (doesn't have to be inside, can be outside but close to the wall), they will yell "GRENADE! Move". All you have to do is sit still and listen, you will hear it.

Back on topic, Demize aka Alan Kertz (snr gameplay designer on BF3) has confirmed via Twitter*, no dragging fallen comrades in multi player. When asked if reviving will be the same as BF2 or BFBC2, all he said was it will be "different". Can only guess what the revive mechanism will be then.
    He also confirmed that you will be able to see your feet/legs in multi player. I really don't see the signifigance of this...but that why he gets paid to make good games I guess.
    *Usual disclaimer here: Twitter may sometimes lie to me.

3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

The player seeing their legs will make it easier to get right to edge of that building / cliff etc.. and then lean out to see across to other rooftops etc.. where as now now you keep edging out until you fall off

4. DougB

DougB Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of that BN. So many times I have gotten fixated on a target that I have fallen off a cliff/building :oops:. And when that happens, Murphy's law kicks in and your parachute never opens. Resulting in a DougB sized impression on the ground.

5. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

yeah same here it is a guess but seeing it is urban based it might be plausible