[DONE] Somewhat Youngin' with an application.

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by NotoriousKiwi, Jun 5, 2019.

1. NotoriousKiwi

NotoriousKiwi Just Joined

Hello!

Here is my application to join, I realise I'm ineligible for a full membership at this stage as I'm 23 but I'm ideally not going anywhere soon so I thought I'd put at least somewhat of an application in now.

What games are you currently play/looking to play with TOG?

If you're interested in playing with someone that isn't a full member I'd love to join you guys in mostly whatever you're playing. I play some mmos from time to time, I enjoy tactical shooters like Arma, Insurgency and so on.

What was the first machine you played games on or pen and paper game you played?

I believe it was something by SEGA, All I remember is that when I was around 4 we played Sonic on a machine in our living room but in it you mostly went forwards and dodged left to right. Or maybe my memory is escaping me already. Besides that I played some DUNE 2000 on an early PC and more Command and Conquer than a child probably should (hence my extreme love for that series and extreme displeasure at EA for their treatment of it.)

Why do you want to join TOG?

I actually heard about you folks quite a while ago during the launch of Battlefield 3 when everyone was finding groups on Battlelog, A guy I met on Xbox actually ended up already having a group called TOG (Tactical OZ Gamers) and ever since then I've remembered you lot and made a mental note to join when I could.

Tell us about yourself or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm a software development student in Australia, I was originally born in the south island of New Zealand and moved when I was quite young hence why if you hear me on comms I won't have much of an accent. I live in Sydney but I'm quite happy to game with anyone, anywhere. Living down under you get used to outrageous ping.

Thanks for hearing me out folks, I hope what I submitted is okay. Once again I completely understand the age restriction on full membership and if having me along as a partial member is not what you have in mind I'll see you again in one and a half years. :p

NotoriousKiwi

CAMMO, Shrubbo and newfulla like this.
  2. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Hey @NotoriousKiwi ,

Just reviewing your application (was a great application btw) unfortunately you will have to wait just a little bit longer. ;)
    You are almost there though with only 18 months to go until you can get full membership and that gold level service. (Captain Sparkles knows all about that gold level service.)

You will still have full access to the TOG public forums though which has coverage over most gaming platforms however you just won't have access to the registered area yet....lets just say you have one foot in the door already.
    Feel free to mix it up with the TOG members in the interim as there are plenty of us out there on various different gaming platforms and genre etc.

If you want to catch up on a dedicated FPS server, there are still quiet a few of us TOG members who play Insurgency, Arma, AAPG, RO2 etc..
    ...just send a friends request via steam if you see one of us :)

Cheers

Newfulla (aka The Goodnight Kiwi)

btw, we won't mention any south island jokes until you become a full member :p

Shrubbo likes this.
  3. NotoriousKiwi

Not a problem at all. :)

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond to me. If I see any of you around I'll definitely say hi.

It'll give me something to look forward to but i'll definitely hang around on the forums and whatnot and no doubt hound one of you when it's time. :p

Thanks again buddy.

CAMMO, Shrubbo and newfulla like this.
  4. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

My Pleasure :)

When you hit the big 25 just bump this thread and tell shrubbo you pre-ordered the red carpet and chop to it and roll the thing out. :p

[​IMG]

Shrubbo likes this.
  5. NotoriousKiwi

I'll have to get in shape to prepare a suit for just such an occasion! :)

Shrubbo and newfulla like this.
  6. CAMMO

CAMMO Great bloke ... Staff Member Moderator -= GOLD Patreon =-

Looks like we may have a breeding pair of Kiwi's in the near future. Looking forward to seeing you as a full member in 18 months N.K.:D

newfulla likes this.
  7. NotoriousKiwi

It begins with a couple then before you know it there's a whole swarm of us. ;)

newfulla and CAMMO like this.
  8. Sysmon

Sysmon World of Warcraft Captain

Wait, there are others??

:D S

newfulla likes this.