Stargate Worlds- Information Shop

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Rryst, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

With StargateWorlds soon to enter into it's beta phase and seeing a few questions in related threads I thought folks around these parts might be interested in finding out if this title is one for them, in the hope of generating enough interest to perhaps form a Command (SGWs answer to 'guild').

Toward that end I offer up my service as somewhat of a tragic SGW 'know-it-all'. I'm very active over on thier offical forums and if there's something about SGW I don't know, it's not worth knowing. :p

So let loose with your questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

When I get some time I may try and formulate a brief overview and major features list. Until then, ask away or vist the official website and forums.

Further detailed information can be found at the Stargate Worlds Wiki if you feel like wading through it all.

2. Corpeces

Corpeces Well-Known Member

Is this going to be all instanced like CoH/V ?

3. Arep

Arep Correspondent<br>Retired Advisor

If you want to write something up, some sort of preview, it would make a good article for the front page. I'm very interested in this game myself so I know I'd enjoy reading it.

4. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

No. Current info puts instanced content at approx 20%. The remaining 80% is open world. Those instances will include the lions share of the major storyline content, something they're really stressing as a feature - Big on presenting a deep and involving story.

5. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

I'll see what I can do.

6. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

Given Beta registrations just went public for Stargate Worlds I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Ask away if you want a few questions answered about this game.

7. Ant

Ant Getting Started

I already have a small command going, 'MOB', with about 12 players
    We should do something, TOG wise, before beta actually starts.

You will find me on the SGW forum as TheAincient

8. Ant

Ant Getting Started

Is there any chance we can get a proper TOG thread going in the MMO section?

9. RedPh0enix

RedPh0enix Retired Captain

I'm pretty heavily involved in the Guild Wars division, but I'm totally interested in Stargate Worlds. I'm looking forward to seeing the UI and how the interface works.

10. Arep

Arep Correspondent<br>Retired Advisor

I'd make a post in the Site Suggestions forum and see what they say. Not sure at what point in the game's development that it qualifies for a thread but seeing as there's increased rumblings about beta it might be worth a shot.

11. Ant

Ant Getting Started

I've made the suggestion, lets see what happens.

12. Nukerat

Nukerat Well-Known Member

Questions
    1 - Races?
    2 - Classes?
    3 - Weapons?
    4 - Combat method?
    5 - Vehicles?
    This is just for starters

13. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

Human, Jaffa, Goa'uld and Asgard

SGW will have 'Archetypes'. They're kinda like a combo of Race and Class - In that you wont be able to choose a race then a class. You choice of Archetype determines your Race. The Archetypes are; Soldier, Commando, Scientist, Archaeologist, Goa'uld, Jaffa and Asgard. The first four are all human and the last three obvisouly relate to their own race.

No specifics yet. You can expect a whole variety of Tau'ri (Earth Human) wepaons as well as the favourite alien weapons from the series (Staffs and Zats), but we're told there'll be a whole host of other alien weapeans not seen in the series.

Typical RPG combat with maneouver and cover a focus. ie, It's RPG mechanics (hidden turn based) but you'll have to maneouver around the battle field and find cover points. Tanking toe to toe will lead to a quick death. ;)

No controlable vehicles at release.

Keep 'em coming ;)

14. Wiz_74

Wiz_74 Retired Journalist & Advisor

I have been registered on the forum for awhile now, and also have registered for the beta. However in terms of a seperate section for this game, I am not sure yet that there is enough interest to warrant it? Obviously this will change as the game gets closer to beta and official release but for now I would say there isnt the numbers to justify it.

Also remember the NDA :)

15. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi All,

I remember when i was in the closed / open beta guild leader for "Tabula Rasa". Which it was once part of the line-up of this MMORPG message board section. It took roughly over 30 interested TOGers to get a Tabula Rasa sub-forum to be created for us. Presently those of us interested in "StarGate Worlds" around 15 in number as posted to the beta registration thread.

For a full blown division of our own when this StarGate Worlds MMO goes gold. There would need to be roughly over 50 or so active TOGers at any given point. (or at least stated generally in our beta roster)

I'm sure from my past experience in the Vanguard & Tabula Rasa closed beta's. I was one of the first to create a thread on the official closed beta forum site of the game developer. Calling for any active TOGers to create an early roster by timezone.

From that point we can plan on a closed beta voice com server.

I'm speculating that the next round of closed beta invites will be sometime in early June. :confused:

Last edited: May 17, 2008
  16. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

Did anyone get into the beta yet?

17. Rryst

Rryst Just Joined

If we had, we wouldn't be able to say. ;)