Stargate Worlds Upcoming MMORPG

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by ozbrat, Feb 19, 2006.

1. ozbrat

ozbrat Well-Known Member

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/cheyenneoffersfirstmmogame.shtml

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  2. Atrayo

Atrayo New World Leader -= BRONZE =-

Hi Ozbrat,

There's another thread i believe on this board about "Stargate Worlds". Link, thread started by Ghoul-Ash.

In my opinion they declared this MMORPG way to earlier. Cheyenne stated they are in "pre-production" which basically means they are still creating their game design document. They are not even in alpha much less have a viable demo. That means they are 4 years away from going retail on this MMO title, if at all.

Although Perpetual Entertainment the makers of "Star Trek Online" did the same thing over a year ago. So we're about 3 years from a retail release on that title which makes for a very long wait.

I would rather be surpirsed by a game developer to annoucne a MMO that is practically in beta testing period. That way they could reduce the long haul of dealing with ranting gamers and/or a community of potential customers until they have to.

3. Donel

Donel World of Warcraft Officer

Hopefully the long wait will result in a premium product. Im not saying im severly interested in Star Trek and Star Gate but if its comes to food or those two games on release day.... lets just say my kids can go without milk for a day or two.....

4. Donel

Donel World of Warcraft Officer

Hopefully the long wait will result in a premium product. Im not saying im severly interested in Star Trek and Star Gate but if its comes to food or those two games on release day.... lets just say my kids can go without milk for a day or two.....

5. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

Big fan of SG1, will have to do some hunting around on this.

6. RockyMtnManiac

RockyMtnManiac Just Joined

Oops, wrong forum :)

7. Lichbane

Lichbane Well-Known Member

Canberra: The Asylum for the Cynically Insane.
    So what's the spawn rate on replicators??? :D

8. Sereth

Sereth Well-Known Member

I'm all for SG Online! I like alot of the Star Trek shows, but I've yet to see a game that has remotly captured my interest.

9. Ghoul-Ash

Ghoul-Ash Well-Known Member

Hopefully they just get it right on the Star Trek game, because thier other games stink to high heaven, just look at ST Bridge Commander! Great concept for a game but how they did it was absolute crap! Hopefully they wont be 4 years away too.

10. brana

brana Well-Known Member

I think you may find they did a very early announcment on the MMO for SG because they seem to have cancelled SG-1 The Alliance. There was a heap of chat about it around the place and some very disgruntled people. The other game was being developed in Aus by umm some mob :). Also the copyright owners (umm MGM) I think have gone very proactive on people doing mods etc ( I think there may have been one for HL2 and some others) so this may be a bone?

11. ozbrat

ozbrat Well-Known Member

12. FunkyJ

FunkyJ Well-Known Member

The reason they announce it early is because nerds trawl through the Securities Listings of each company looking for scoops for their gaming blogs.

This way they don't get unwanted leaks. Of course, if it's made outside of the US, the same thing doesn't happen...

Also it's a way for MGM to say "don't bother asking for a StarGate license, we won't give it to you".