State of the game - April 2016

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by BishopNZ, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I would love for the DZ to be a full on war zone ie. make it REALLY dangerous - loads of NPCs respawning everywhere and regularly, kinda like challenge mode. And like I said earlier, make the DZ a PvE area or have a dedicated PvP area which will basically negate the ability of cheaters/griefers to impact on your PvE play (ie. agents can't damage one another), however the PvE area needs to be extremely dangerous so you will almost need other agent teams to help you survive.

2. Nefarious*au

Nefarious*au Active Member

Yar- Random Number Generator. When the loot drops the type of loot stats etc is all randomly generated by the game engine.

@topfuel - I've also not had any DZ experience where I've immediately thought "woah, that was completely bullshit". That's not to say I haven't been killed by a cheater but it's not anywhere near the level that Battlefield 2/3 used to be.

Addressing "cheats" (I hate when they're called "hackers"...running a 3rd party program to aim for you isn't hacking!) is easy. The other issues need addressing first, imho.

@pharoah - I'll continue to play it. At it's core it is a fantastic game. But it has gameplay issues that need addressing. Let's not forget the game is only 2 or 3 months out of Beta. I'm content to see how the developers address the issues and then decide if I'll bin it.

3. vesacre

vesacre Well-Known Member

I get the impression some here are starting to give up on the game already. I'm sure over time most problems will be fixed but the faster they do it the better.

I see people elsewhere online saying Destiny is better and in some aspects I agree. I would have loved to see the whole world with lots of players all running around instead of just in dark zones.

I'm not max level yet so dark zones currently empty for me, not seen one player as yet. Not seen the problems plaguing the game as yet but I'm not far away.

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

I'm still really enjoying the gameplay. I guess what is most annoying are the guys in the DZ who will pop up at the end of a firefight, one-shot you from behind and then just run away without even looking through the stuff I dropped.

A few things I've encountered which I just don't 'get' as far as enjoyment goes:

• mob of 3 or 4 guys waiting at a DZ entrance and one-shotting any player who comes through before they have even had a chance to make the 'transition' and have the map etc come back up.
    • one guy who followed me around killing me just for "shits and giggles" due to my TOG tags
    Two possible instances of cheats/hackers

1. while extracting (I was level 30/3) at the time, check and clear area, as soon as I start attaching loot to the rope 4 guys (level 30/50 at least) appear out of nowhere - slaughter me with SMG's (Caduceus?) and then disappear just as fast - again left all the dropped items there.
    2. guy races around far corner of block, one-shots me, flies past my location way faster that I can run in-game, steals loot and races away while forcing the other three toggers I was with into a safehouse with gunfire. It was their opinion that the guy was hacking - I got killed to fast to have any idea what happened at the time. Standing to dead with barely a red flash on the screen.

Teaming up with other TOG members and running the daily missions and the odd attempt at the incursion and DZ run is still a ton of fun. The way the devs are apparently just ignoring both the potential of the non-DZ map they have built and the ongoing issues with glitchers etc is disappointing.

5. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

You should remember the game launched on the 6th of April. It's far from a mature product. What I can't believe is that after announcing the game in 2013, we waited 3 years for it to come out, and this is what we get. I'd like to think that Massive was ready for this (see all controversy posts here and on reddit), but it seems they are not.

6. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

The majority of the problems from what i have seen and theses are aside from the hacks , exploits etc.. are the things Battle Pope has listed...

Mobs running around killing for the fun of it or Ganking on entrances / main pathways to zones .. They are doing it to reap easy EXP or your DZ $$ or just to ruin others games ...

This could be easily addressed by a opt out option for players who do not want to take part in PVP within Dark Zone this stops them losing their DZ RANK , $$ & EXP because someone wants to ruin the game ...

Crafting Mats , Gear drops etc, also need to be fixed something way out of whack here ..

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  7. Taishan

Taishan Star Citizen: Dragon Sq. Leader -= SILVER Patreon =-

Yup - pvp flag (to set before going through the door) would make it a lot more fun for many.

T.

8. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

Disagree with the flag, that would just make the DZ a easy farm PVE area. All they need is a safety zone to allow players to get out and have a chance.
    I personally hate the DZ and spend as little time as possible in there, and if i do, i love to Rouge in a mob, the salty tears taste so so sweet.

9. Binary-Ninja

@Hippy but the DZ isn't a easy PVE farm area due to the ridiculous prices you need to pay for the gear in DZ safehouses .. 200,000 DZ $$ which takes months to get as the mobs dont drop that much and not all of them drop DZ $$

10. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Not to mention that within a month said gear will become obsolete.

11. vesacre

vesacre Well-Known Member

As a player of eve online I think just like concord in eve there should be elites at gates to guard players as they enter the DZ. Put in sniper towers :)

12. Taishan

Taishan Star Citizen: Dragon Sq. Leader -= SILVER Patreon =-

Kind of hoping for a major fix this Thursday. Would do a lot for their rep. to even get a 'few' major items fixed.

And things like flags, TDM and sniper towers near entrances would go a long way as well!

T.

13. Binary-Ninja

They need to address dark zone prices and crafting

14. Battle Pope

Battle Pope Well-Known Member

Saw this on reddit via a stream from one of the devs

Probably why shotgunners are so damn lethal at close range, they're getting a big damage buff while you are essentially getting a debuff at the same time due to screwed-up stats.

I'll just go craft some new gear and..................shit, not enough mats. :( :w :p

15. Binary-Ninja

Yeah too expensive to re-craft .. Too expensive to re-roll or keep re-rolling

NOW everyone is wearing purple gear : ) and gearscores dropped

16. Xethrion

Xethrion Just Joined

I'm planning to create a gearset just for GS 160 DZ, just so I won't have to deal with all the hackers and overgeared bored rogues in 161+. Just let me farm NPCs in peace

So far, by my theory crafting, you can fit 4 x 191 Sentry's pieces, with 163 Reckless Chest and 163 Savage gloves, with a 204 Aug, 131 purple M1A and a grey level 28 pistol into a build that will still be below 161 GS

Would love to play in 161+ every time, but doing that solo is just asking for trouble.

17. Binary-Ninja

i picked up a black market t821 think this is a midas but without bling it is only 163 gear score but dam it is a nice weapon .. even if i use it i on;y drop 2 gear score over all so far .. just have to find a betterer version of it

18. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Patch notes from April 28 maintenance:

19. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

check out the player stats on steam:

Tom Clancy's The Division - Steam Charts

apparently it dropped by approx. 60% from March to April. Obviously this is just steam. As usual, take it with a grain of salt :)

Last edited: May 3, 2016