Staw Wars Battlefield II open beta

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by oldskool, Sep 22, 2005.

1. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

Just came across this on Fileplanet.

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/battlefront2/swbf2_home.aspx

Open beta for subscribers :wink:

Just thought I would share, DL'ing the client now, haven't even tried it out yet, but just thought I would share for all the Star Wars geeks like myself :D

I hope its better tham the first PC version. I actually like it on the X-box but the first PC version was rittled with bugs on the multi-player, so guess we will see how this one pans out :wink:

2. oldskool

oldskool Retired Moderator

well just got done playing for about an hour. I must say the graphics took a big step forward :!: Much much better. The wookies actually look like wookies now instead of 8ft tall wet carpets like they did before.

And can I say....THEY HAVE BOTHANS!!!!!! Sorry all my old SWG buddies know I have a soft spot for the old doggies :wink: :D

Over all I really like the changes they made, added more classes..including Jedi but have yet to figure out how to play one yet, or seen on in game, but they are there :wink: It still feels like battlefront, just looks a whole lot nicer and plays alot better.

Will be nice to see how the Jedi pan out, and would be great to play one..of to the boards for some research.

Thought you might like the inital impressions :)

3. Captain_Obvious

Captain_Obvious Getting Started

Oh I hope they improved the gameplay over the original Battlefront. The die hard StarWars fans deserve a FPS for their genre that doesn't suck.

4. Bunnyman

Bunnyman Guest

5. Alethos

Alethos Just Joined

Cool new stuff I saw after about 20 minutes of play: Some classes can only be unlocked by playing for a while and getting enough points (I'm assuming this is how you get to use the Jedi too) . Also, there's a commander class similar to Paladins in Diablo 2, where allies get benefits from being nearby.

6. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Me too!!! The topic saying "BattleFIELD II".... how could I have mistaken this?? :p

7. h-bombuk

h-bombuk Active Member

yeah aint it battlefront 2 lol

i was asking in the louge if any one was interested in creating a division for SWBF2

8. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

So what's the verdict fellas? I've been looking at getting this one as well.

Anyone playing it?

9. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Don't bother. Unless something has changed there are no aussie servers. While the graphics have been slightly updated, the gameplay is essentially the same. The game would be fun I think if anyone else actually played it but for us here in Aus, that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon ... :(

Just read in another thread that Internode is setting up a server ... could be worth another look :D

10. mayday

mayday Well-Known Member

thanks Rickety, I'll hang off a bit

11. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

To be fair mayday, I havn't really been playing it that much since I got COD2 on the same day :) The SP game doesn't look too bad as I've already completed one mission.