Steam Holiday Sale 2010 thread - What to buy

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by PhatFreD, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Draadnor

Draadnor Well-Known Member

Dead Space for $5.10 today...get it!! Good game after you sort out the controls. Played it through twice myself.

2. Rob.

Rob. Retired Captain

Nothing there for me again today which might just save me from being divorced. :rolleyes:

I think i'm almost done anyway, the only other game I really wanted was HAWX which is $15 but i'm hoping it might show up in one of the daily deals.

3. Milt

Milt Well-Known Member

If you want a fun, extremely violent shoot the crap out of everyone game Kane and Lynch 2 is fantastic at $5.00. It has a the ole wobbly Blair Witch camera work and everything which is different.
    If your looking for some fun and like the idea of running around as a homicidal maniac
    I recommend it

4. Parkey

Parkey Well-Known Member

Getting Kane and Lynch and also Deadspace.

$5.00 each what a bargain.

Now I have 20 unplayed games, don't know where to start.

5. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Only 20? Lucky you ...

6. NackaJeem

NackaJeem Well-Known Member

LOL I hear you.

7. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Thanks for the heads up on dead space ive been looking at that but wasnt sure if it was worth it even though it scored 86 on meta :)

Lynch and kane is worth the reduced price but i paid full price for it when it was released and it wasnt worth that. Its quite graphic as well so if you have a weak stomach it might not be for you. Its also about 4-6 hours long so it wont take up to much of your time :)

8. Benda

Benda Well-Known Member

Going with GTAIV for $10.00 today...any thoughts on R.U.S.E. for $33.49 is it just another rts?

9. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I dont think ruse was suppose to be as good as people hoped but i havent played it myself so cant really comment. I was going to get GTAIV as i dont have the expansions but since i already own the main game it seemed a bit pointless

10. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

A couple of really good offers today. Red Alert 3 and the Stalker games are worth buying if you havent bought them already when they were just released like me. Far Cry 2 is ok, i had it free with a nvidia graphics card once and played around two hours but it didnt grab me like the first game, but its cheap so worth it if you want to boost up your games to play. Half of my friends list have supreme commander 2 but ive kind of gone off strategy games so will probably give this one a miss unless im convinced otherwise.

I considered getting C&C4 but with all the terrible reviews i decided against it. I never liked Tiberium Wars either so i guess there isnt anything on todays list for me worth buying.

11. Aldmw

Aldmw Active Member

Anyone played guardians of graxia before? Quite tempted by that, Jedi academy and the Hitman set.

12. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

I didnt go alot on the original Hitman, dunno about the second one as i never tried it. Jedi academy is good but im reluctant to buy any games older then 2005 as my system seems to not like playing them much.

Not sure about graxia, it looks interesting but havent tried that one.

13. C4

C4 Retired Captain

Cancel this request

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  14. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

You can't not buy Team Fortress 2 at $5!!!!

TOG TF2 div is very active, very friendly, and especially n00b friendly, and always welcomes newcomers to the group.

Other than that I loved Far Cry 2, still play it occasionally, but Just Cause 2 is Far Cry 2 on steroids, so just get JC2 instead.

Supreme Commander 2 is a good game, but I'm also over RTS games.

Might think about Flight Control HD at $1.70, but hmmm I think I have more than 50 unplayed or uninstalled games now!

Bullet Attractor likes this.
  15. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

Great sales today, TF2 is awesome, I'm considering getting a copy for a 2nd account so I can idle for twice as many hats :p

STALKER bundle is an amazing deal too, and supcom 2 is definitely worth getting at $3.75

Guardians of Graxia seems to get mediocre reviews, gameplay becomes extremely slow apparently.

16. MadMax

MadMax Well-Known Member

I ended up getting Flight Control HD for both my computers, addictive fun, get it!

17. Xavien

Xavien Retired Captain

Todays line up looks interesting.

I bought mafia 2 when it was new but at a £5 i would recomend this as a massive bargin. It plays in the style of GTA but has no side missions just one big story line. Alot of people were put off by this but it has one hell of a story line that is interesting from beginning to end. It also has a little humor along the way as well. I found combat and driving fun in the game.

Not sure about Divinity 2, ive probably played a demo of it and checking all the stores £15 at 50% appears its the cheapest on offer. Zeno Clash was on offer the last holidays, played a demo and thought it was a bit different. Looks quite good to for under £3 its a bargin.

I heard alot of bad things about the new Medal of Honour and Call Of Duty but were interested in buying both if they ever get discounted. Well Medal of Honour is on a 50% cheapest i could find was £25 on amazon so again a great deal at £15, think i will add this one to my games list :)

All in all looks like one of the best offers of the week today.

18. Aldmw

Aldmw Active Member

Zeno Clash is a good buy at that price.

19. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

Mafia 2 digdelux vers. and all d/l content for 32 US...bargain

20. Draadnor

Draadnor Well-Known Member

Well it's the last day of the steam sales *sigh*. I guess I can let the credit card cool down now :)

Here's the purchases:

Zeno Clash, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!, Swarm Arena

Amnesa: The Dark Descent, The Ball

Serious Sam Gold Pack (ROW), Machinarium

Super Meat Boy, Lara Croft GOL

Puzzle Quest, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)

OddBoxx, Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition

SWMBO will be pleased it's over :p