Steam mega ultra wongo sale

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Aldmw, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

It's a fun sandbox. I tend not to stick too rigidly to following the missions, despite the intention to progress them each time I start it up.

If you can get a few people together definitely go for it. If you like sandbox games where you're destroying stuff, grappling onto and hijacking helicopters and jumbo jets, and generally causing mayhem for the military forces, then it's even worth it at it's non discounted price. The DLC are a bit hit and miss. I'd suggest playing the game first before deciding which if any of them you want to get.

Note that it only works on Vista and Windows 7 however.

2. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

Some nice bargains today too, I just got the Indie air pack and Peggle Deluxe (for the wife :) ) and I may go back for more, they have AVP, Metro 2033 and Dirt 2 pretty cheap as well. The only thing holding me back is knowing that I wont have time to play them all :)

I might grab a second copy of the Air pack to gift out as there are some pretty good games in there, I can split the indie packs to gift out separately can't I ?

3. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Some good stuff today, Dirt 2 is a lot of fun.

But if you want a deep single player immersive and dark atmospheric shooter experience you can't get past Metro 2033, that's been one of my top shooters this year.
    Sometimes a little bit rough around the edges, and it ended a bit sooner then I hoped for but certainly well worth the $7.50.

AVP reviewed mediocre at best, I was very underwhelmed with the demo myself so I gave it a miss. What's people's views on the SP experience?

4. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

I don't think so. The product you purchase from the store is the Indie Pack and when you get to the checkout you choose to purchase it for yourself or give it as a gift.

5. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

Lead n Gold 10 pack for 19.99 is a steal

6. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

Already have Dirt 2. Metro 2033 is tempting at that price, but it's that problem of too many games not enough time already, and there's still the Christmas sale to come. :rolleyes:

Mafia II strikes me as the worst of the sale - $60 for something that got mixed reviews 5 months back.

7. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Yeah, nothing there to tempt me today, will wait for post x-mas sales.

8. Father

Father The Boss Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Hasn't been that great a sale I agree when it comes to recent AAA titles. Metro is not that long a game Thermal, longer then COD but no half life either.
    It finished too soon for me tbh, but that was mainly because I found the world interesting and wanted to spend more time in it, I'll probably play this a second time prior to the announced sequel.

Mafia is the one that stares me in the face today, it's still a bit up there pricewise even with the discount, Mafia 1 was a gem, this one indeed didn't review quite as good but I'm still interested.
    I also know that eventually this is gonna go even cheaper probably bundled with all the DLC.

9. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Correct...PLUS if you already own a game in the pack you miss out rather than get to gift it...So when I picked up a pack I only received 4 games

10. PhatFreD

PhatFreD Well-Known Member

Metro and Dirt 2 are really good games and can't be missed. I do suspect that most TOGers own those gems already though.

Mafia II can be had cheaper elsewhere: Mafia II 2 Game PC - ozgameshop.com

11. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

yeah...Picked up metro for $6au free postage from a NZ online seller...but snapped up Dirt2 in a second

@phred...Gotta love that site...picked up so many steamworks retail games from them (F:NV, Civ5, Maf2 and more)

12. Rog69

Rog69 Well-Known Member

Thanks, I had half an idea that might be the case. Shame though, I can understand why they do it like that but it's cost them another sale.

I already own Dogfighter and I was aware that I would lose the extra copy but I really wanted Gratuitous Space Battles anyway so the pack was a steal at that price, the other games were just an added bonus.

13. PhatFreD

PhatFreD Well-Known Member

Well, I finished Kane & Lynch 2 on the weekend and it was a very pleasing experience. It took about 4 hours to finish the whole single player, so I agree it was sort of short. But I loved the story, the shaky camera work effect and the tactical aspect of it. I think this is the only third person shooter that has really felt natural for me play.

So yeah, definitely worth 5 bucks, but if I had paid full price for it the shortness might have annoyed me a bit. Personally I enjoyed playing a one-evening game.