Stocking link books at spawn

Discussion in 'Minecraft (Public)' started by LazarusProject, Jul 21, 2014.

1. LazarusProject

LazarusProject Minecraft Leader

I restocked a few link books at spawn, as I noticed it was all out. Just thought I'd mention it, though I am sure it could use more (maybe?).

It did lead me to think about the downstairs at spawn, as it looks like there was some effort to set up some shared facilities? Was there a plan there, and can I help? Or just an abandoned project?

I do like the idea of some shared infrastructure (I often offer the use of my machines to new players) though it would be interesting to see what happened if people started having fun with infusion crafting at spawn. ;)

2. DeeP

DeeP Retired Captain

Yes the shared rooms in the basement were for things like Thaumcraft and Ars Magica etc but we didn't want to set them up first thing as they were meant for when people were up to that stage, it did go by the wayside as there was really no great demand for them once people had their own going... in saying that it would be great to set up anyway just in case someone new would prefer to use the community resource rather than another players

However I believe machines were never intended in that building due to spawn being permanently loaded and the need to keep the strain off the server :D

3. DarkDuck

DarkDuck Guardian Captain

maybe build a shared machine room somewhere that is isolated (nether? End? Nexus?) and offer that as a machine workshop that would only be loaded when someone is there?

4. LazarusProject

Not a bad idea. Might give me an excuse to experiment with various set ups. Nether would be easy, as could be powered by lava, with no need of chunk loaders etc.

Could have a link book to it from the Library too.

The dimension the Library is in - is that able to be explored? That would make for an interesting area to set up a home!

5. Irimar

Irimar Retired Captain

There is nothing in the Library's dimension except the Library.
    It is a total void.

6. LazarusProject

Interesting... :)

7. Emeraldknight

Emeraldknight Active Member

The books a spawn were for new players only not for other players to use the books instead of learning how to make the books for themselves. I keep topping it up when I see a new player but we have not had that many new players to go through that amount of books.