Street Fighter 4

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Kiz, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Kiz

Kiz Retired Captain

SF4 is available to purchase on steam $35.99 get it while its hot :D

Available: 8 July 2009

This game will unlock in approximately 6 days and 17 hours

thought i would beat reoh to it :p

Steam Community :: Group :: TOG SF4

let me know if you want in..

Games for Windows Gamer Tag

Bikkies - B1kkies
    Mixa - TOG Mixa
    Queeg5ØØ - davonator
    .DiscO ! - DiscO 240z
    Firebrand - TOG F1r3br4nd
    Benda - TOGBenda
    plebc - plebc
    King_Rocket - King_Rocket

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  2. Bikkies

Bikkies Well-Known Member

Just pre-purchased it and joined the group :D

Bring it on, i'm keen for a challenge, now to trade in my PS3 copy ;)

3. .DiscO !

.DiscO ! Well-Known Member

Have Pre-purchased that little gem and waiting for the day. Would you please invite me to the group too :D.

Cheers

p.s. HADOUKEN !!!

4. Kiz

Kiz Retired Captain

sent :)

5. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Bought it yesterday. Invite plz :)
    btw ... Any one dowload the benchmark tool. It's really cool, 400mb Dl. It actually runs a real game so you can test FPS, runs trough 3-4 matches and you can playaround with the post settings like ink or watercolour

6. Kiz

Kiz Retired Captain

sent

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  7. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
    Bikkies likes this.
  8. Bikkies

Yup tried the benchmark tool very cool, cant wait to play online using steam will make it so much easier.

9. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

unlocks at 3am... wonder if I should set my alarm and play a bit before work :)

10. Bikkies

I think i'll just have a good nights sleep and try tommorow Mixa.

Anyone used games for windows live yet because that's the Online game matching engine or however it works.

11. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

I've got a GFWLive acc for Fallout 3 DLC... it's teh suck... hope that's not the only way to match up... although probably as you can't join friends off steam for COD:W@W (not saying their the same, just it's annother biggish title that got steam as an after thought)... hopefully there is a half decent "buddy" system in-game, then all we need is wiz's mumble server and let the trash talk begin :)

now, off to pick up a fight-stick or second game-pad on e-bay. Any recomendations

12. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

ah...looks like we will need to add each other as GFW buddies to do matches...

add : TOG Mixa

13. Kiz

Kiz Retired Captain

added to the first page

14. Bikkies

Games for Windows Gamer Tag: B1kkies

15. Kiz

Kiz Retired Captain

added

16. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

So was it worth waiting up for Mixa?

Noticed you get up for it as I was crashing from my first Fallout 3 session. :cool:

17. Bikkies

Ok well 6.5 hours later everythings unlocked including Seth, my hands are sore...
    Lucky i had a Day off today (RDO)

I had a great deal of fun and not too much frustration getting all characters available so all in all i think im ready to now play online :)

18. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

I got it even though I know I'm going to totally suck at it, but I can't even manage that because I can't seem to download it.I've bought and downloaded bigger games on steam since SF4 unlocked, but it just won't bloody download no matter what I do.

:(

Why must computers suck so much.

19. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Finally got it downloaded, installed it, I don't think it's my kinda thing though.

I've never been a huge fan of the fighting game genre - I've dabbled in a fair few of them in the past, but Street Fighter was never one that I took too with much vigor. So, getting SF4 was a decision based more on peer opinion, the good press it had gotten and the appeal of playing against other TOG members online in the fighting game format, but for those reading this who are still on the fence and never fell in love with Street Fighter in the past, be warned, SF4 feels more like someone blowing a raspberry in your face for not being a total Street Fighter nut than a fun romp in beat-em-up land.

It's pure fan service, which probably isn't a bad thing as I seem to be like the only non-fan of Street-fighter on the planet, but it's still dissapointing.

The fighting game series I've played the most is probably Tekken followed by the old PSX Bushido Blade games (which were my university share house's staple argument settling games) but despite trying several times over the years on different platforms and the arcade, I could never "get" street fighter. I've played lots of other fighting games back in the 80s and early 90s on the SNES, Genesis, PSX, PS2 and arcades, but Street Fighter always felt like some second rate has-been of a game to me. I always only though it was popular because it was one of the first, but felt other games since then had far exceed it. The animations looked horribly key-framed and jerky, something I always though of as a limitation of the system or pure laziness of the developers, yet even now at 60 frames a second the animations still look horribly key-framed and jerky. Am I missing something, are they really supposed to be like that? Seriously? I guess so because it's been reviewed really well and lots of people seem to love it, clearly I just don't get Street Fighter at all, and it seems I never will.

It's a pitty, I was hoping this would be a kind of new age street fighter that could draw me in, or at the very least it would have more meat to it than previous SF games but most of the characters are unchanged and I have to work to unlock 90% of the stuff that i haven't seen in 1001 other editions of street fighter?... sigh. So, after the first few frustrating hours it's fallen to the bottom of my pile of games I currently want to play. Maybe it'll grow on me, but the chances are currently slim to none.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2009
  20. Queeg5ØØ

Queeg5ØØ Active Member

South East of Melb, Australia, Earth, The Solar Sy
    I got a Mayflash Fight stick just in time for the download.
    Mayflash/Elecom Arcade Stick for PS3 [PS3-STICK-1] - $75*AUD : Headsonic Australia, Higher Fidelity, Lower Prices!
    Just like the arcade style setup, its bloody noisy (Not good when kids are sleeping), its easier for upper cuts than a gamepad IMO,
    :(

G4W Tag = davonator, although still trying to get through solo. I don't own like I used to back in 92' :evil:, new characters are sneaky buggers.