Street Fighter 4

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by Kiz, Jul 1, 2009.

1. shock_

shock_ Active Member

I gave in for the cheap weekend also - 20 USD for the software and I expect I'll now go and drop a hundred AUD on a stick to play it properly as the PC in my MAME box won't go close to running it...

Glad to see there's a training mode and the combos listed inside the game - damned good idea that! Maybe now I'll work out what mashing actually delivers a reliable shoryouken after all these years

2. Firebrand

Firebrand Well-Known Member

@plebc,
    How did you solve the 10 fps issue. I had it running nice and now, even with everything on low, I'm only getting 2-10 fps. I don't know what went wrong.

3. wHiTeRaSTa

wHiTeRaSTa Well-Known Member

Yep rightio i cracked..plz add me.

4. rubicon

rubicon Retired Captain

Word. That's the one thing that stopped me hitting the buy button. US$20 doesn't sound quite so cheap when you add AU$100 to make it playable. ;)

5. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

I also picked this during the sale, add me plz. Although i won't really be playing it till I get myself a decent stick (been meaning to for ages now so this is a good excuse.) :D

6. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

The main problem for me was I maxed everything out at the start, only to see it run at 10 fps or less. then I tried to drop everything back down, but only managed to make my machine crash completely whenever I tried to start a match. after a while I concluded the issue was with having any sort of anti-aliasing on. then I went to update my graphics card drivers.

So I reckon the main thing for me was to update my graphics card drivers, then drop everything to whatever the default was or lower (at least as much as I could remember), then started to put the settings up a bit at a time.

I might try to max everything out tonight, to see how it runs, if at all.

Other thing for me was, to play online, you really need to fix fps at 60, so it is playable for other people.

7. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

added everyone with a windows gamertag on the first page as friends. if you see me playing, come thrash me and add to your win percentage!

8. Firebrand

Firebrand Well-Known Member

As soon as I get it workin' properly, You and I are gonna have words. Fightin' Words.

9. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

finally got my controller - Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA

[​IMG]

Now just have to learn Zangief's moves all over again.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  10. Mixa...

Mixa... Retired Captain

hows the Hori working out for you (and how much?) I had an x-arcade stick but I returned it as it was a POS for sf4 (worked beautifully for all the old SF games tho :( )

11. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

It came to about US$200 with postage. I was sick of waiting for play-asia to get the non-SA's in stock (I think it would have been about US$150 or so to get a non-SA from them). When i saw the SA's had come out I just bought one from a dude on ebay in the US.

I bought the PS3 version and just plugged it straight in to the PC. I had been thinking about getting the Tekken 6 PS3 Hori stick, but it is wireless and the reports on it didn't convince me, so I got the SA (which is wired) instead.

I am loving playing with it on SFIV (when I can find the time). It is definitely better than keyboard. However, I am using it more for MAME - Mr Do, R-Type 2 etc.

Buttons are uber-responsive. Getting used to the stick and how responsive it is. Unit is so bloody solid, it eats up a huge amount of space on my desk. Will need to kick my wife's laptop off here to make room for it.

in short, so far, so good, no regrets.

wHiTeRaSTa likes this.
  12. plebc

plebc Well-Known Member

sf iv on sale today - US$9.99