Suggest some gamse

Discussion in 'Digital Distribution & Mobile Game Applications' started by kpkortekaas, Jun 11, 2010.

1. kpkortekaas

kpkortekaas Active Member

Howdy folks,
    I've been playing games with a buddy from work recently and we're looking to branch out from Civilizations 4, We're not adverse to any particular genre, but it has to be enjoyable as well as being able to put down and pickup over a span of evenings.

I look forward to your suggestions.
    KPKortekaas

2. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Some that I play multiplayer:

Splinter Cell: Conviction - To me is really fun co-op especially when either you or your ninja stealth neck snapper buddy does something stupid and you have to clean up the mess... it can get tense. You will see alot of reviews rating it agaisnt previous SC titles and there is no dramas with that but games have to move forward and I find it pretty dam good, its a great feeling when you spend a few minutes working out a tactic then it all goes wrong but you pull off something that didnt seem possbile.

Left 4 Dead 2 - What can i say this game is sweet... Load it up, join a game and get ready to wipe the blood off your glasses (provided you get the uncensored version). L4D2 and L4D are great games, the pace is fast and with a group of mates or even randoms it is a laugh. I cant recall a game that has made me laugh more then this one, the mic opens up and my mate yells "oh shit, TANK!" smash I am dead LOL ... epic!

Bad Company 2 - Excellent game and the TOG community is massive always a great bunch of people to play with there are casual and comp teams you can join, finally a battlefield game that to me has seen 2142 fade off into the distance.

Well there is a few that I am playing with various friends, this is just MY opinion on those titles so if you are interested in them drop a few searches on youtube or something.

3. Mighty Brush

Mighty Brush Well-Known Member

Team Fortress 2.

Best online multi-player game ever :)

4. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

And has a free weekend on now so you can try it out, then buy at half price ($9.99 USD).

5. kpkortekaas

kpkortekaas Active Member

Perusing the games Team Fortress 2, Flotilla, Alien Breed: Impact and Supreme Commander 2 emerged as likely canidates.

I've since discovered that Flotilla is only hotseat multiplayer.

Anyone have input on the others (besides Team Fortress 2, as that seems self explanitory)

6. impulse

impulse Active Member

I'm currently playing Alien Breed: Impact; a really great game for co-op and one that you can easily pick-up of an evening.

I haven't been able to get Supreme Commander 2 working as yet, though there are others who are currently playing and enjoying it.

I'd recommend getting the "Orange Box" if it's still available on Steam. It includes games like Counter Strike Source, Team Fortress 2 and Half Life 2.

7. Unknown

Unknown Retired Captain

The Orange Box is definitely still available on Steam, though to be accurate it doesn't include Counter-Strike: Source - The Orange Box does include:

• Half-Life 2
    • Half-Life 2: Episode 1
    • Half-Life 2: Episode 2
    • Portal
    • Team Fortress 2

Whilst not official parts of The Orange Box, I seem to recall getting Peggle Extreme and Half-Life 2: Lost Coast too.

8. Thermal Ions

Thermal Ions Retired Captain

No loss there :p (Sorry couldn't resist) :rolleyes:
    I received these as part of a free offer sponsored by Nvidia (only available to those with Nvidia cards). I didn't actually have an Nvidia card at the time, so simply logged in on another system that did which then meant I qualified for the offer. ;)

9. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

Orange Box never included CS.

The original Half Life 2 Bronze, Silver & Gold boxes included:

Bronze Box:
    Half-Life 2
    Counter-Strike: Source

Silver & Gold Boxes:
    Half-Life 1: Source
    Half-Life 2
    Counter Strike: Source
    Day of Defeat: Source
    Full back catalogue of Valves steam games which included:
    - Half-Life 1
    - Counter Strike
    - Counter Strike: Condition Zero
    - Day of Defeat
    - Ricochet

The Gold Box also came with:
    Complete Half-Life 2 Strategy Guide from Prima Games
    3 different Half-Life 2 posters
    Half-Life Collector's box
    Half-Life 2 hat
    Half-Life 2 postcard
    Half-Life 2 stickers
    Half-Life 2 Soundtrack CD
    Chance to win a trip to Valve! (1 trip offered for every 5000 Gold packages purchased).

Oh how times have changed.

Counter Strike Source & Day of Defeat Source also have a lot of regular players here at TOG.

10. impulse

impulse Active Member

I don't recall ever having purchased CSS (or DoD for that matter), they must have been free downloads included in the Orange Box. :rolleyes:

11. Drac

Drac Squad Officer

CS:S or DOD:S were never part of the Orange Box. I don't know where people are getting that idea from.

12. PhatFreD

PhatFreD Well-Known Member

I can definitely remember buying CS:S and DOD:S separately from the Orange Box. And I bought the Orange Box when it first came out.