Sword of the new world?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by UNK, Jun 7, 2007.

1. UNK

UNK Well-Known Member

this advertizement is on the forum page anyone trying to do the beta or playing the game? any word on yearly costs for this ? looks decent kinda like a GW/arcanium mix of somekind ?:D

2. Ijs

Ijs Well-Known Member

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/mmorpg-games-realms/109148-granado-espada.html

There might be some confusion with the renaming. It's the same game as Granado Espada. (Korean game currently being exported to Japan, Singapore, North America, Europe, etc.)

It does show a lot of promise.

forums
    Forum Home (Powered by Invision Power Board)

Home page
    Sword of the New World -- Home

The new North American version is in closed beta, with open beta starting June 15. Release date expected in July.

It will be free to download and play until level 20 (/w no trading). If you want to play past level 20 (cap is 100), it will probably be est $19.99 plus $9/mo.
    They will have an item mall.

If you're a premium fileplanet member, or pre-order, you can access closed beta now. (There's also a 10k $$ in-game bonus if you pre-order -- I'm not sure how significant that is.)

3. UNK

UNK Well-Known Member

TY well it does look good but i hate paying monthly fees for games i buy. if i pay for a game then i paid for it and should not have to pay every month to play it.

4. Corpeces

Corpeces Well-Known Member

You're paying every month for 24/7 online game that is always evolving, fixing, online support and a huge community. You dont get that with single player games and you dont get that service with multi-player games that once you beat the end boss game over. Plus these pay to play games have a huge world with thousands of items, hundreds of quests and many other things.

I think it's well worth the money every month.

5. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

Several of us have been playing this on the English Asian server. (pachebel) The only games that dont have monthly fees are completely instanced, total crap, or have item malls and tons of gold farmers. This is a cool game though.

6. Nightlife

Nightlife Active Member

Playing from the Fileplanet Beta. Haven't done much more than the opening tutorial yet. Does seem like it will get a little confusing and alot of work still needs to be done on correct translations. Seriously if you can't get someone with a grasp of the english language to fix the text in the opening tutorial areas that everyone gets to see straight away, what exactly are they doing?

I will admit that it is by far the sexiest MMO I have ever seen. I am literaly drooling over the graphics. On the Vespanolan server. Dromain family.

7. Ijs

Ijs Well-Known Member

I loaded up the singapore beta just to get a taste. The more I play it, the more it feels like Dungeon Siege Online.

Two things I noticed. It's gets pretty crowded, and the magic-item drop rates & experience gains both go down significantly after level 20. Which is quite the coincidence, considering 20 is the magical 'now you have to pay' level.

Still grinding it out though. Got to 22 and pushing hard for 24 to get Pistols. :)

This game's longevity will depend a lot on its PVP. Oh, also hinges on how people adjust to the point-and-click movement.

8. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

Didi you get in the Pachebel server? Thats the one we're on. Lots of fun when you have a group of TOGers playing together. I can also help you get to lvl 24 as My main toons are on their mid 30's.

9. Talamorm

Talamorm Getting Started

Hey Yukki,

Had never heard of the game. If you remember Talamorm and Ashirlen played VG with TOG but the game just had to many bugs ad issues for us. We are now playing WoW but always looking for fun new games.

Looked at the site and it looks nice. Correct me if im wrong but according to the site you can control 3 charatcers at a time? So if 2 people grouped then you could have a 6 man party? Kind of like henchmen in GW if you are familiar with that game?

I will probably download this as I'm always looking to try new games hehe.

Talamorm

10. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

Hey there. :) nice to hear from you guys. To answer your question , yes you would have 6 toons in your party.You can control them as a group or as individuals. it's quite easy and the game is well done as far as camera control and AI. We're on the Pachebel server and can lvl you up fast (at least to about 20.)

11. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

but the download is 1.3 GB

That's a lot by any standards.

Ouch

12. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

Well, vanguard is over 17 GB, so I dont complain about 1.3 Actually the download for the asian server was over 3 GB if I recall correctly.

13. Nightlife

Nightlife Active Member

Yep over 3gig for US beta as well. If that wasn't a mis-type I'd question the authenticity of that file.

14. Ijs

Ijs Well-Known Member

Yep, Pachebel. My family name is Marlborough. Got to level 24, then found out I need level 36 for dual pistols. :(

Hopefully in a couple days, the NA server beta will open and they send out invites to everyone. I'll probably drop my muskateer and go with a straight up caster group (2 elementals/1 scout or 1 wiz/1 element/1 scout). My current lvl 25 elemental is far superior to my level 25 popgunner.

15. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

I'll send you an invite we have a squad and faction set up. we can also get you lvled and equip you :)
    Oh, and dual pistols rock! I have a pair of Plum Shooters (fires poison bullets).

Last edited: Jun 14, 2007
  16. Fin

Fin Active Member

I played the closed beta. It had it's good points and some not. Good graphics, poses and the families. I'll follow your comments with interest. I'd like to see if the gameplay and chat has improved.

17. Ijs

Ijs Well-Known Member

North American version of closed beta is now available (a couple days before open) at fileplanet for non-paying subscribers! It's slow as ###### to download. :)

18. Yukkione

Yukkione Retired Captain

Megaphone50Bitch!

See new post.. links didnt work :p

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  19. Ancient_One

Ancient_One Console Manager Captain

Dead piccy link.

20. Shayd

Shayd Well-Known Member

is there a way to get to the pac server using the fileplanet download?