SWTOR?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by ttomm61, Apr 12, 2012.

1. ttomm61

ttomm61 Getting Started

how is this one for the older gamer?....the 60+ like me..same old WOW type or something new.?:)..its on sale as a download for 39.95
    Tom

2. Lon

Lon Retired Captain

The only new thing about it is the voice acting while you level, after that it's pretty much a poorly done copy of the standard MMO recipe.

However, like all things, it appeals to some more than others. I played it a LOT for about 2 or 3 months but in the end it just got boring, so I unsubbed and deleted it from my machine while I still had 3 weeks of game time left on the account.

It may improve in time but for now, in my opinion, save your money.

3. talisman.au

talisman.au Just Joined

Lon is right if you are looking for next big thing in MMORPGs this isn't for you. If you read the reviews both good and bad what most say is true. You have to have an interest in Star Wars. If you have played the old Knights of the Old Republic it really is just an extension of that storyline.

I've been playing since January and I subbed for 6 months and I still enjoy it immensely. But I am a Star Wars fan. I have reached lvl 42 with my Bounty Hunter and am currently playing a Jedi Consular. But I plan to go back to the Sith when a few of my friends join up later in the year.

I have to say the experience for me has changed since I joined the Oceanic Server as I started on one of the West Coast servers and during my time period it can be pretty quiet.

4. Rahze

Rahze Well-Known Member

My experience was similar to Lon's. There is a decent division for it within TOG, though I did not play with them since I was playing with smaller guilds I had attachments to already. But as much as I tried to like the game for it's BioWare style and voice acting, the meat of the game was too much like WoW and just got boring as well as the visual effects weren't as stunning or smooth as other games, WoW for example, runs on my machine.

If you love Star Wars, go for it, otherwise you may want to keep looking if you really want something new in MMOs. I do not know what sort of games you like, but TERA is a bit different than other MMOs as it's combat system is very action based which makes a huge difference. It actually really made TOR's combat lose all fun for me as it just felt drab afterwards.

One suggestion for SWTOR, you can see about trying it on a trial basis for 7 days and then decide whether you want to purchase and subscribe.

For TERA, Open BETA is starting on the 20th and the codes are fairly open right now or you may get a personal email if you sign up on their site.