Test Drive Unlimited 2

Discussion in 'RPG, Simulation, Strategy and Others' started by Spectre8, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Dreadly

Dreadly Well-Known Member

Hahaha so true.

2. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Dreadly likes this.
  3. Dreadly

Congrats Jig, you are the first person to spot it. :D

4. Dreadly

Just saw the trailer again and actually getting excited about it now. Not sure I buy it through steam, if it's available, due to some issues with the recent EA racers I bought through it. They play horribly compared to the retail disk version. Doesn't make sense.

Just a few more months to wait :D

Ashlann likes this.
  5. JacobCampbell

JacobCampbell Just Joined

I tired to wait for it

6. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

7. vfawqs

vfawqs Just Joined

Just saw the trailer again and actually getting excited about it now.

8. Spectre8

Spectre8 Retired Administrator

Yeah I've recently watched the E3 vid in full resolution and it's damn impressive. Still a long way from being sold on the social aspect of it, but can't blame them for trying something new in the genre.

For those who didn't get a chance or opportunity to try out the original, you missed out on a truly great example of a genre breaking successful experiment. It wasn't without its flaws of course, but they were few and far between. A truly brilliant game experience without peer.

There are other, and better racing games, but this style of game transcends "racing". It's a driving game with a heavy focus on racing, and coolnessTM. Nothing quite like doing an entire lap of the island in a Lambo or Corvette (yellow of course) or taking any side road and hading anywhere within sight. Mountain passes, suburbian back-streets or race tracks along the runways... just awesome. There were solo challenges, MP challenges, but the most appealing part for me was just cruising around in whatever car took my fancy.

Unless they totally screw up TDU2 (which I doubt they will) this will be a huge success :D

9. RMBear

RMBear Well-Known Member

Completely agree with Spectre8. The online component of the game actually did nothing for me (not much different than real like - w@nkers in fast cars trying to drag each other at the lights... mines faster than yours!), but the scenery as you drove around (yes, in a yellow 'Vette) was just damn good fun! :)

10. Sevenx2

Sevenx2 Just Joined

I agree totally. The last one was really fun considering it had so many minor flaws aswell as some big ones.

This is one of the few games I'm intereted in for the next 12 months.

11. DarkMellie

DarkMellie Active Member

Absolutely love the first one. The sensation of cruising when using a G25 is unparalleled. My rFactor install folder is 30G in size and there's nothing in there that compares to this!

The real issues that need overhauling (apart from the graphics, storyline and bad character models) is the physics relating to gravity, some of those inland hilly roads were impossible to navigate at speed... and the online component as you couldn't just free-drive around Oahu with a friend. I know the online thing has been implemented this time around which is enough to make me buy it.

Interestingly, when I asked at EB Games there was no Collector's Edition and it was only showing on Xbox at that time.

12. Spectre8

Yeah but that's EB for you :)

The lumpy mountain roads were undrivable in parts, but that was due to the engine, which from memory was desigend to run on the PC, Xbox360 and the PS2 - not the PS3. So I'd imaging the geography limitations would be the main cause of this.

Not being able to flip cars, no damage modelling of any sort - and yes, the lumpy mountain roads were the three big detractors - all of which "should" be no-brainers to fix for the new one. Flipping cars might not be in, but that's more of a design choice than a hardware/software limitation.

Two more months if all goes to plan :D

13. DarkMellie

DarkMellie Active Member

I was reading through my TDU booklet the other day and see that you can have free-ride with friends!

So, definitely hooking up some point to point races with a mate... add user 'DarkMellie' as a friend if you're interested.

Hi Spectre btw, long time no headshot :D

14. Spectre8

Now available for pre-purchase via Steam!! And it's only $39.99USD - so get in while it's cheap, as this will no doubt go full price closer to the release date!!

Info on the game, system requirements & Steam exclusive bonuses can be found here.

Listed release date on Steam is currently January 2011 - but I'd not bank on that going unchanged.

15. Brootal

Brootal Well-Known Member

saw preorder boxes in eb with 11th Feb dates on them. Think the price was $79 from memory, still showing $39 on steam

16. Dreadly

Come on Feb 11 :D

17. Spectre8

i hate wait...

18. Slider

Slider Well-Known Member

Not long to go now :D

Just wondering if there is any interest in TOG having a "club house" on each island to meet at or just organise everything here and select a meeting point for future cruises/races?

19. King_Rocket

King_Rocket Well-Known Member

Hell yes!

20. Spectre8

Yeah I think that'll be a must :)