The Division Patch 1.1: Incursions

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by r8response, Apr 4, 2016.

1. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Please note that all this information is all PRE-PATCH and may be subject to change when it does release. Numbers and rewards may not be the same during release.

Incursions FAQ

• One Incursion coming: Falcon Lost.
    • Against the LMB (Last Man Battalion)
    • “Very Difficult” “don’t expect to beat it on the first or second try. Or the tenth”

[​IMG]

Incursion Difficulty

The Ubisoft quality control team took “3 days while only playing during work hours”. You will not be OK just making any random group composition – you will need a synergistic group with specific roles like healing and crowd control (disables).

• Group coordination will play a big part, not just overall gear quality! You will not just be able to pick a spot and turtle.

• No Checkpoints! – Wipes will send you back to the very start of the Incursion.

• Has an APC boss which is invulnerable to gunfire. You need to find a new way to destroy it.

Has 2 Difficulty settings: Hard and Challenge

Hard mode is recommended for those with high end item level 31 gear.

Hard mode has no required gear score for matchmaking but has a recommended score.​

Challenge mode is recommended for those with some of the set gear and new items.
    Challenge mode has a required gear score for matchmaking.​

Incursion Rewards

• Rewards “might be a nice gun” “could get gear set pieces”.
    • Incursions are repeatable infinitely and you get rewards each time – but there is a weekly reward that has better quality than each successive completions.

• Drones: seen below, new enemy type – adds a vertical challenge which isn’t cover-bound.

[​IMG]

• Future Incursions will, of course, have new mechanics!
    • 500 slot backpack doesn’t exist! It was purely for a dev PoV sample vid!

Assignments

[​IMG]

Assignments are repeatable daily and weekly, requires completion of simple objective for rewards like Phoenix Credits and Division Tech.

There are 3 types in of Assignments 1.1, Combat, Crafting and Dark Zone.

• Daily & Weekly – 3 types, Combat, Crafting and Dark Zone.

Assignment Examples

• Dark Zone Assignment example – Collect 3 Division tech. Reward: 8000 DZ exp.

• Combat Assignment example – Kill 12 Rikers. Reward: 4 Phoenix Credit.

• Crafting Assignment example – Collect 5 fabric. Reward: 15 tools.

Dark Zone Supply drops

Supply Drops are introduced in this patch. Along with new stuff like this, the devs mentioned DZ will be updated regularly, with balance tweaks as well.

Supply Drop Mechanics

• Drops from the sky every hour in different locations.

• Will be protected by mobs.

• Everyone in the DZ can see where the Supply Drops are.

Supply Drop Loot

• Only the first group will get the loot

• Items are not contaminated. Do not need to extract the items.

• Items from suppply drops WILL NOT DROP ON DEATH.

Gear sets/Loot

[​IMG]

Set item Properties

• Gear sets were described as “High end items+”. Slightly more powerful overall.

• Has set bonuses and a specific talent for each gear set.

• 4 sets will be released: 3 PvE and 1 DZ set

• Tacticians Authority – support, electronics and healing/skills.
    • Sentry’s Call – precision gear for marksmen.
    • Strikers Battle Gear – combat, assault focused.

• Does not have the gear talents like high end items have, but instead equipping a certain number of set items will activate the set talent(s).

Gear score​

[​IMG]

• Once you reach level 30, it replaces level with gear score.

• Removing item level.

• In group frames, will now show gear score instead of “level 30”

• Tough content will have recommended and required gear scores to prevent being grouped up with low geared players through matchmaking.

• Items in inventory affect gear score: exactly how is not yet known.

Group trading/Gear Sharing​

[​IMG]

• You can trade items with anyone who was in your group at the time of looting.

• Drop the item on the ground – then any eligible person may pick it up.

• 2 hour time limit with trading items. During this window it can be traded infinitely.

• Enabled in the Dark Zone but can only be done within checkpoints.

Spectator cam on death​

• Follows teammates. Not locked to teammates point of view, you can look around

• Can switch around between other group members

• Can see your death location

2. r8response

Visit the TeamBRG page for the original post.

3. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I like this: "Items from supply drops WILL NOT DROP ON DEATH"

Hopefully this MIGHT discourage rogues from trying to kill others who've just secured a supply drop.

4. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Nice write up

@Pharoah .. The rogue thing will happen but only after all enemies are killed who guard drop .. Then watch those who are ganging up on other in DZ already do the same to any who go near gear ..

5. Pharoah

damn...high risk high reward. Atleast they know its first come first serve. having said that, anyone who turns rogue will have others ready to pounce as well. this is going to be interesting.

6. Binary-Ninja

yeah but they wont lose the new gear .. so if all they lose is point wont mean anything

7. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

What is more likely is that the PvP will occur just before the drop and the last man standing gets the loot. I think this is a good idea, because it will draw players together making PvP more likely.

8. Pharoah

agreed - I guess its a tradeoff - the loot v rogue status (and losing it all). Interesting times. I wonder how the 'first come, first serve' will work ie. tagging like how we do now with bosses or literally first come, first serve so that it becomes sort of a 'capture the flag'

9. r8response

Take special note of these upcoming changes. Converting Greens into Blues and so on will become A LOT more expensive. Get on it before the changes!

Crafting​

• Added new level 31 and 32 High-End items Blueprints to Vendors
    • Removed Division Tech requirements from some level 31 High-End Blueprints

Increased costs for converting crafting materials and crafting High-End items:
    • 10 Standard (Green) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 Specialized (Blue) material
    • 15 Specialized (Blue) materials instead of 5 to craft 1 High-End (Gold) material
    • 10 High-End (Gold) materials instead of 8 to craft 1 lvl 31 High-End (Gold) item

Changed deconstruction yield of Standard (Green) and High-End (Gold) items:
    • Deconstructing a Standard (Green) item yields 1 Standard material instead of 2
    • Deconstructing a High-End (Gold) item yields 1 High-End material instead of 2

10. Binary-Ninja

Also finally spectate mode ..

11. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  12. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

There was a bit more info in this weeks state of play twitch.
    High level NPC's will also rush / guard the drop. So you will have to deal with them before getting close to the sweet loot. I would see scenarios where teams work collectively until a certain point where it all turns to spaghetti western. I'm guessing the first team"in" will die like the Seals in the showers in the movie "The Rock".

Also having a "drop" would most likely create a fixed point where your Character opens the "chest", like how you always open an ammo create from 1 side and always the same animation. Imagine you have some dudes way back in the church bell tower (Saving Private Ryan reference) with geared M1As. You'll have a hard time looting!

I can also imagine the amount of CC spam that will prevalent in this situation. Come to think of it, now I want claymores in the game!!!

On the crafting front, I would stop crafting! Deconstruct everything, convert everything to high end mats and bank them!

13. Pharoah

yeah fair enough - thanks for the tips. I'll deconstruct the other LMGs I have.

14. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I have 6 days to farm as many hard modes as I can. Looks like I know what I'll be doing for the next week :D

15. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

all i want is a 'craft all'(upgrade all) button >.>

16. samurai_miike

samurai_miike Getting Started

I really hope this patch fixes the back pack bug .. haven't been able to play for over 2 weeks now. That's a lot of levelling up and sourcing materials i've missed out on.

17. Pharoah

thats on the patch notes ie. it fixes this bug. apparently they had to release it in a patch so waited for 1.1 for some reason.

18. Binary-Ninja

anyone know the size of the patch ..

19. Binary-Ninja

Here is a look at the new gear

[​IMG]

20. Pharoah

just some final tips, etc on the upcoming patch (can you feel the excitement in the air?? :) ):

The Division Patch Notes - Update 1.1 - EloTalk

There are new changes coming to general gameplay, the Dark Zone, the crafting system, and of course the Incursion mission “Falcon Lost!” Save the date for the new update; April 12th.
    Gameplay

The turrets are now unable to suppress NPCs throughout the game. It made named NPCs too easy to be killed while they didn’t fight back. Turret’s getting a nerf yet again. They could still possibly be useful in the Dark Zone against other players, but not nearly as much for fighting NPCs.
    Rerolling High-End loot is going to cost normal credits as opposed to Phoenix Credits. This will seemingly make it easier to get the perfect stats, unless the cost to reroll is high. Challenging missions will still likely be farmed for Phoenix Credits and normal credits. We’ll have to wait and see how much everything costs when the update rolls out.
    Normal Credits will be used to reroll stats instead of Phoenix Credits

While normal credits are now being used to reroll stats, more Phoenix Credits will now drop from level 30-32 named NPC’s.
    • Level 30’s will drop 1-3 Phoenix Credits
    • Level 31’s will drop 2-4 Phoenix Credits
    • Level 32’s will drop 3-5 Phoenix Credits
    With these changes, it will be easier to get blueprints and buy high-end items, but it seems like Phoenix Credits will go down in value after a few weeks. It may change from, “oh cool Phoenix Credits,” to “oh, just Phoenix Credits.”
    Dark Zone

The Church safe house in Dark Zone (DZ) 06 will charge Dark Zone funds instead of Phoenix Credits. This further enforces that Phoenix Credits will go down in value. Along with the the economy change, the level requirements for buying Dark Zone items is going down.
    • Purple items require DZ level 15 – Previous level requirement was 30
    • Gold level 30 (Gear Score 163) items require DZ level 25 – Previous level requirement was 50
    • Gold level 30 (Gear Score 182) items require DZ level 40 – Previous level requirement was 50
    Items in this church safe house will cost Dark Zone Funds instead of Phoenix Credits

This reduces the amount of grinding it will take to get the highest level gear and could promote actual gameplay in the Dark Zone. Especially now that Supply Drops are being added to the Dark Zone. Expect to see more rogues due to the lower level requirement to buy items. Ubisoft is definitely trying to make the Dark Zone more enjoyable and less of a grind.
    Crafting

Many changes are coming to the crafting world in The Division. Currently, the most common way of getting level 31 high-end items is through crafting. Next is purchasing from vendors, then plain drops from NPCs. In an effort to combat solely crafting to get the best gear, named NPCs will now always drop a high-end (gold) item. Holy crap, gold drops will be everywhere now.
    Crafting will still be an option, but it’s going to take more materials in order to craft items. Items will also give less parts when they are deconstructed.
    • 10 green materials will be needed to craft 1 blue material – up from previously 5 needed materials
    • 15 blue materials will be needed to craft 1 gold material – up from only needing 5
    • 10 gold materials will be needed to craft a full gold item – up from 8 materials
    It’s obvious that crafting will no longer be the go-to choice for leveling up to 30 for new players. Green and blue items will likely be sold for credits instead of used for crafting. Especially now that normal credits are also used for rerolling stats on high-end items. While it will cost more materials to craft gold items, it shouldn’t hurt players much at all with the major increase in gold drops.
    Deconstruction of green and gold items is going to be reduced as well.
    • Green items will give 1 material – down from 2
    • Gold items will also give 1 material – down from 2
    I’d definitely recommend selling green and blue items while leveling up instead of scrapping them for parts. There is seemingly going to be little to no incentive to craft using those materials. Sell them for credits and go for the gold drops. It will still be viable and useful to save, deconstruct, and craft.
    The majority of players utilize crafting to get the best gear before Update 1.1

High-End Item Drops

With gold items always dropping from named NPCs, the question arises: will the drops be any good? For starters, level 30 named NPCs will drop a high-end item with a gear score of 163. Gear Score values have not been listed for level 31 and 32 named NPC drops. (Gear score recommended to enter the incursion)
    The drop tables have been changed to make named NPCs have a higher chance to drop a certain item type. Ubisoft has made sure to leave it unknown as to which named NPCs will drop which type of item, so it’s up to the players to farm and work together to figure it out.
    Those gold items can still be deconstructed for materials and used to craft new items. Division Tech is also needed to go along with the gold parts to craft items using blueprints gained from the Dark Zone, and a change is coming for the drop rate as well. Level 32 named NPCs will have an increased drop rate for Division Tech by 40%.
    The Incursion will have a recommended gear score of 150 – Subject to change

Noteworthy Changes

The bug that was preventing players from entering the game due to too many items in their inventory has been fixed! This had to do with crafting or having a backpack with extra inventory slots. Joining friends or switching to another character on the same account with a lower backpack inventory, could prevent players from entering the game.
    A new reporting feature is coming to the PC version of The Division. Players can now type /report into the chat box to report players for cheating. First time offenders who are punished will receive a 3-day suspension. Repeat offenders will get their account fully banned. Report all those hackers in the Dark Zone!
    Conclusion

There are tons of additions and changes coming to The Division in Update 1.1. An end game is now apparent, there’s new gear to hunt down, the Dark Zone is getting an upgrade, and much more. Hardcore players may complete the new content quickly, but I have faith that this update will keep the majority of players busy (and very happy) for some time.