The Division

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by cowkiller, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Rezort

Rezort World of Warcraft Leader

Since I am a bit bored at work I will put down so thoughts (assuming people played the closed beta):

Firstly the bit difference on the PvE front from open to closed betas was the addition of an underground morgue mission that once completed allowed for the opening of the tech wing in the b.o.o (base of operations). This meant that the 2nd tier skill in the tech tree was available (the turret more on that latter). Now this mission was amazing, multiple times we as a group stopped and looked around to fully soak in the settings and the pacing of the mission / end sequence was pretty much spot on.

Other than that not much else changed in pve land. Maybe a few more civilians 'needing' you aid (give them a med kit and they give you cosmetic items).

The turret. So the turret is a funny little skill which can be useful AND quite a hinderance.. The good is you can place it pretty much anywhere that is flat which measn you can place it in raised places and it can shoot targets behind cover, damage it deals is moderate at best but I was not stacking +tech items so this is to be expected.
    The bad is that currently in the DZ is the easiest way of accidentally becoming rogue.. If you drop your turret and someone stands in front of it while it is firing it will tag you as rogue. If you get love tapped (shot once or twice so the person appears hostile but not yet rogue) your turret will return fire tagging YOU as rogue. Love tapping another player or their turret will result in that turret firing on you and turning that player rogue. Personally i loved ****ing with people who used turrets and would actively stand in the line of fire so they would tag up.

In other news in the DZ they fixed a few exploits including taging up and running into the 'red' zone to reset timer as well as that camping spot near the sporting store extraction point. One large change was that the reset timer on the darkzone chests was much shorter, in closed beta i NEVER opened a chest as they were always pre looted in open I would of opened dozens at least. They also upped the spawn rate of the NPC's and I felt there was always a location up to go and clear out. I still would like to see "roaming" packs of boss level cleaners and what not walking around the streets. In my opinion they broke the rogue game play a bit as the rewards for surviving a man hunt were nerfed significantly so realistically there was no real incentive to play rogue as the credits per hour was much more if you just farmed mobs.

All in all I am very happy with the game and have pre ordered. However.. I am concerned about the 'end game' and how many hours you can get out of it, farming the DZ is pretty fun but honestly towards Sunday night I was starting to tire and was looking for new things to do and try. Some of this is personal preferance and some im sure will be resolved by massive at launch (there was a leak about 'raids on reddit) but only time will tell.

TLDR Good beta did pre order will play imo 8.5/10

2. C4

C4 Retired Captain

I am positive this game should give me at least a month of entertainment ;)

cheers for the groups over the last two betas, cya on release.

3. Rickety

Rickety Administrator Administrator Moderator

For me, the game is about the PvE story and building up your base. I found this the most engaging part of the game. The Dark Zone, while interesting, isn't something that would hold my interest long term. My guess is that once I've played through the main content of the game I'll likely play something else (like catching up to my Fallout 4 /XCOM2 campaign, lol). Overall, should provide a couple of months play which in my opinion is well worth the purchase price ...

4. zyreand

zyreand Getting Started

I picked up Logitech G910 keyboard during the promo to get this game. Played the open beta and I'm impressed with it. Looking forward to more killing soon :)

5. CoNgO

CoNgO Well-Known Member

I enjoyed playing the Beta. I purchased the gold edition.

I do have a concern about Map size though. The DZ was really small. I hope that the full game is going to be a lot bigger.

6. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

I preordered and will play the crap out of it between working and Uni

7. AdmiralTriggerH

AdmiralTriggerH Retired Captain

The question is, do we think it will justify a division of its own?

8. C4

C4 Retired Captain

Its quite nice touch having your mapped keys light up.

Possibly, the open beta interest numbers were encouraging. Long term viability beyond a couple of months is still an unknown.

9. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Do we know if there will be any sort of (and I hesitate to use the word) "guild" system?

10. OzRecon

OzRecon PUBG Captain

Bouncing over your head emptying a mag into you
    The PVE was OK but nothing special. The DZ (which is what I was most interested in) was a real let down. I'm glad there was an open beta as otherwise I may have bought it.

11. C4

C4 Retired Captain

12. Psyxar

Psyxar Getting Started

Anyone know if its worth while to leave the beta installed ?
    ie when upgrading to full game later less download for digital purchase or will it just be better to remove it and get a fresh copy ?

13. SlimChance

SlimChance Getting Started

On steam and in Uplay, The beta and game are listed seperately, so I'm guessing that we'll have to do a complete download of the game come release.

Hopefully, they will at least allow a pre-load a couple of days before release.

EDIT Just found a post from a Ubisoft employee on the official forums that you will indeed need to download the game for release. (No upgrade of the beta.)

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
  14. C4

C4 Retired Captain

15. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hi Guys,

It seems Ubisoft and Chronicle Books is going to offer a novel tie-in debuting also on March 8th when the game releases.

Here's the News Blurb over at Mmorpg.com.

The novel survival guide was also inside the past open beta as Intel items found in the game map. The novel will also come with a foldable map of New York City, besides other lore driven goodies.

16. Aur0xx

Aur0xx Getting Started

8 more days!

17. LavaCaverns

LavaCaverns Well-Known Member

Will be on for a bit, looks interesting. See how it goes on the 9th

18. Psyxar

Psyxar Getting Started

hunting best price

How much is the game on uplay std and gold ? cant find it

at eb games std was 89.95 and gold 139.95
    on steam std was 61.95 and gold 101.95

from ozgameshop.com std hardcopy disc is 57.99
    or from same, digital download is 62.99, no gold listed

anyone purchased from elsewhere and price ?

19. Atrayo

Atrayo Retired Captain

Hello Psyxar,

Open up your U Play application and select the shop tab. Then put in the game name under the search bar and walaa!

The standard game sells for $59.99 US and the gold edition for $99.99 US.

However if you pre-order the Gold Edition on U Play they'll toss in two additional goodies. Which is 100 U (units of their micro currency) and a future beta opportunity for a "Tom Clancy Rainbow Six" game title.

;)

20. Nadir

Nadir Active Member

Greenmangaming us$42