The Division

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by cowkiller, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

finally decided to check out the DZ...lasted about 10 secs...there was a firefight right outside the checkpoint so I ran and hid behind some defilade...saw a guy running toward me with red over his head, fired and got branded a rogue..then everyone turned on me! I didn't realise that the bad guy was BEHIND him (one of those rushing dudes) and chasing him....doh!!!

2. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

Haha, yeah those markers are very high above the characters, I can see one making that mistake if they were lined up.

3. Pharoah

I had some sort of weird graphical glitch whilst playing last night - it was on a hostage rescue mission against cleaners in the tunnels...when I came up against the big boss, every time I faced him my whole screen would receive a massive glitch. Wouldn't happen if I turned away from him. In the end he killed me so I didn't go back. I've seen a few other glitches eg. i dropped my medic bag, then switched to my rifle...and my rifle was the medic bag!!! or two bad guys walking on the road like conjoined twins...or firing the sticky bomb and nothing happens (no animation) yet it explodes.

4. Bru1zer

Bru1zer Guardian Captain

Severe texture tearing?
    Like this?
    [​IMG]
    Updating graphics drivers fixed it for me.

5. Pharoah

yep exactly - might check up on drivers now

*edit* apparently I'm running the latest catalyst drivers for my AMD. :( ah well, only one occurrence so far.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  6. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

tearing , artefacts on graphics can be from drivers , card struggling with game , faulty / failing card ...

What is card ?, What are specs on machine etc ?... what res & settings you running it on ?.. drop these down to see if it still happens

7. Pharoah

ATI 7950 4 gig I think. Thats the only graphical issue I've had throughout the game - everything else runs fine (FPS wise, etc). I'm running an i5 3570k.

8. Binary-Ninja

i suspect it could just be a random glitch as card should run game okay .. if you keep getting those tear then i would worry

9. Pharoah

yeah thanks...just seems to be that mission (its a side mission in the tunnels to unblock water mains or something).

10. Pharoah

anybody planning to hit the DZ tonight? I'm only level 17 ingame and about 7 in DZ but what the hell!! I've been reading up on DZ experiences (esp re rogue players and rogue teams) and it seems that going solo in the DZ is not recommended...esp when trying to extract loot.

11. sabbey

sabbey Active Member

I'd like to give it a go, but haven't been there before, and still only level 11 so far myself...

12. Operative99

Operative99 Just Joined

Any level 30s up for hitting the DZ, Dailies etc. tonight?

I'm operating on AU/NZ time, so add me if keen.

EDIT: On PC - UPLAY: Operative99

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  13. Pharoah

You can go from Level 10 onwards I believe however it comes down to the weapons and skills you have (esp the ones you unlock from then). Having said that, I first tried out the DZ around that level - the first few DZ levels are easy. Its the rogues you have to worry about...esp ones with high level weapons, and the 'bullet sponges' (the yellow baddies).

14. samurai_miike

samurai_miike Getting Started

i'll be on tonight and haven't been to the DZ yet. Level 27, was waiting til I was Level 30, but I wouldn't mind messing about in the DZ.

UPLAY: samurai_miike

15. sabbey

sabbey Active Member

I'll probably head in and check it out later tonight, though I am not in any particular rush to do so. :)

16. Binary-Ninja

Dark Zone is sort of pointless at present unless you are chasing rank and phoenix credits or high end drops as you have to be level 30 in dark zone before you can buy anything from them.. If you are then you have more then likely got all the gear they offer at vendors ..

They broke it when trying to nerf drop rates or credit exploits .. One player posted he had 100 hours no high end drops .. It is fun but be aware of the problem at present

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
  17. sabbey

sabbey Active Member

I got to rank 12 tonight with mostly all useless drops, did get enough of the currency to get a decent mod though... Most of the stuff I lost on death was junk too, though my first death tonight from NPCs lost me the DZ keys I got from Uplay. I'd be playing in the DZ area less than most so hopefully the person that looted them gets something out of it. :)

I used Matchmaking to get a group, wasn't too bad, so I'll do so again at some point.

18. Pharoah

ok will be on later tonight - will see who's on then to team up. I still have most of the missions on the Eastern side of NY to do (all the LVL 20+ rank missions to do).

19. vesacre

vesacre Well-Known Member

I just purchased this game for the xbox one, have they added crouch yet to the game?? I heard some were complaining it wasn't in the beta apart from cover mode

20. Binary-Ninja

@Alanc only crouch is when you are behind cover .. i think that part is fine as it is a tactical shooter .. When you are at higher rank facing elites you need the cover as the AI in game is very good and they can get you ..