The next good MMO...

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by ForrestGump, Nov 9, 2014.

1. kiwiitis

kiwiitis Well-Known Member

Hi Biggus long long time since the MO days.Laing still around.?
    Unfortunately I have put Repopulation on hold for now enjoying LiF too much.

2. Biggus(UK)

Biggus(UK) Active Member

Yeah, Langs is in repop as well. just figuring out the crafting

3. Goffender

Goffender Active Member

I bought into the hype of repop. It does have alot of depth and potential. If we establish a nation i would sign up.

I am enjoying the game but the chat channel, yeah the one, is a mess. I would like to be able to chat some with others without competing with everyone on the server

Last edited: Jan 10, 2015
  4. Monde

Monde Well-Known Member

Giving it a go myself and it is pretty massive and confusing. But quite fun.

5. Wrylion

Wrylion Getting Started

Been knocking around on The Repopulation a bit, massive potential. Feels a bit like SWG, with a hint of Mortal Online in the crafting(which i love). If they can pull it of It's gonna be amaze-balls. Will be a hard to make the decision between this and SC...

6. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Only in early access at the moment (BE WARNED) ... but I have been enjoying H1Z1.

If you do look into it you will see the Reddit forum going nuts over many things, one such issue being that ability to buy and call in airdrops that have a chance to contain weapons.

At first I was very much against that and worried that it would completely destroy the experience. After putting some good time into playing over the weekend I think its a non issue. The chances of actually getting to the drop you pay for and getting the items without being killed are very low. You pretty much need a group to secure it or its game over, and when you die you lose everything.

I am pretty excited about this as even for early access it is reasonably polished so if anyone wants to catch up and try and build a base let me know!

7. Corpeces

Corpeces Well-Known Member

My wife and I gave H1Z1 a try. I gotta say, the pvp servers are--unforgiving:) I know it's in Alpha, I acknowledge this, but still too much for me. You run around for a while opening every container you can find in a very small map with 200 players and get ganked loosing everything you found. The pvp servers are fine I guess if you like that sorta thing. The problem I have atm, is the pve servers. It is the same thing, but without pvp. The problem with the pve is, there is no goal. No NPCs to talk to, no missions, there is nothing to do except build forts I guess. I am going to back to this game in a few months and see how it goes.

8. Fenrir

Fenrir Well-Known Member

Hmm I'm thinking of Skyforge next, AA didn't do it for me, particularly when I saw the hacking that was so rampant and not checked at all.

And as far as the game hopping comments killing MMO's, I think it's the developers (and probably more so the publisher's) fault.
    A ton of games are released too early, too buggy, with too little end content and nothing to keep you really hooked in.

I'll have a look at repop, sounds like there are a few TOGers around.

9. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

Lots of potential with The Repopulation ... I have been enjoying it a lot even with crashes and bugs. I could TOG city being build which would be a lot of fun, just need to get more people excited about it.