The Repopulation

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Andru, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

This looks like an interesting MMO, probably due out some time next year:

The Repopulation

Ripp Savage likes this.
  2. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

An overview for those who can't be bothered looking for it at their web site:

3. brohawk

brohawk Retired Captains

wow, that looks really good on paper, will have to keep that in focus.. thanks

4. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

I'll try to post news here when it happens.

5. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

Very interesting. I've been waiting for the sandbox game that doesn't have an almost exclusive focus on PvP. Sci-fi is acceptable if it makes it work!!

6. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

7. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

New info posted:

Fittings and Sockets What is a Fitting?

Fittings play a critical part in our item and crafting system. At the most basic level Fittings are similar to gems or runes in other games that are placed in a “socketed” items. What makes our system different from most other games is all of our equipable equipment is a basic shell for the Fittings. Instead of creating 50 different handguns that have the primary goal to produce different stats we have a basic shell that is used for a handgun and the fittings are placed in that handgun. You are easily able to change the socket types on the handgun and place the available sockets you have in the handgun.
    You can have a max of 2 ‘A’ style fittings on any given item and the rest of the socket styles have a limit of 1. There is a maximum of 4 sockets on most standard armor and weapons in the game. This setup allows for a variety of fittings to be added to your weapon and you get to choose how you want to structure the weapon. You can make it balanced making it equally versatile against all 3 of our armor types (light,medium, and heavy) or you can make it unbalanced and stronger against 1 of the armor types and weaker against the other 2. These type of fittings occupy the ‘A’ style fittings and you can place 2 of them on a weapon. The other 2 are reserved for the other style of fittings that can affect the handgun such as accuracy, range, durability, critical chance/multiplier, health, attack rate, procs, damage, penetration, model visuals, etc. Each of these fittings are a certain letter type and you can only use one of those letter types at a time on the handgun.
    Fittings and Crafting

Most fittings are created through the crafting process and they are the final result of multiple recipes that affect the final result of the fitting. Our crafting system allows for a single recipe to be used to create multiple end results. There is no need for multiple recipes or fittings as the ingredients used to create the fitting (along with the player’s skill and recipe mastery) alter the grade and quality of the end result fitting. Using superior ingredients will produce a superior fitting. Each fitting will have a Tier value (used to restrict it to a certain skill mastery) and then a grade and sub-quality value. All 3 values modify the end result strength of the fitting and applied together create 500 variations of the values based on the progression from Tier 0 to Tier 9. The crafting system also supports permutations of the end result based on the quality so it is possible for a recipe to produce a different fitting based on the grade and tier of the end result.
    Item Degradation

Also of importance is the ability for most fittings to be removed and the capabilities for fittings to be consumed. Most fittings in the game will be able to be removed from socket and can exchanged or traded with another player through the auction system. We also are going to support consumable fittings (item degradation). You will have the option of using up a fitting slot to slow this process down as well as some fittings will support a quicker rate of item degradation in return for slightly elevated stats. We wish to build a world that supports crafters and skilled repairers while still allowing for a player not to have to repair every time they turn around so we will have a system in place that is fair to both situations.

8. MMOGAddict

MMOGAddict Well-Known Member

Interesting using the Hero engine too which I think is the same engine as Prime and SWTOR.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

9. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

10. Cased

Cased Active Member

Now this looks interesting. I will put it on my watch list

11. Ripp Savage

Ripp Savage Active Member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  12. Ripp Savage

13. Justin Kace

Please... Don't use the 'SWG' word...! Too many bad memories and too much Sony hate... :p

14. Ripp Savage

Really? Some of my best gaming moments came from SWG, it's the best MMO I've ever played, pre-cu anyway. I agree with the $OE hate though lol.

15. Justin Kace

Oh no, you took that the wrong way (or quite possibly, I expressed myself poorly).

SWG pre-cu remains my favourite MMO experience. Pre-cu... Post-cu, that's where the nightmare began. I still have flashbacks... night terrors... :(

16. Ripp Savage

I hear ya, it was for me too. Can't wait til the emu is done so I can get my Gurreks back. :cool:

This game has a lot of similar features to SWG too, including pet taming, so I'm looking forward to this one.

17. Justin Kace

Yeah I was MCH/TKM til I ditched the TK and went Commando instead. 3 sludgies (Zippy, Bungle, and George) or 2 graul maulers. :D

18. Ripp Savage

Nice! I was MCH/MR, had a lot of fun with that. I had some Sludges but none of the big guys, I hated those in town lol. My favorite was 3 Gurreks before the CH nerf. I remember dueling another CH who was pissing people off in town by running around with a huge Rancor. I took him out with my Gurreks hehe. Good times.

When I started playing SWG I started as a Bounty Hunter until one day in Mos Eiseley someone ran past me with some pets and I was like... :eek:

That was it, it was all over, I immediately started researching CHs lol.

I still remember taming my first pet, a CuPa. :)

Man, I really miss those days. SWGEmu can't get here soon enough. I wonder which will come out first, that or The Repopulation. Hmm... :)

19. Justin Kace

The rate the emu has been going I'd have to say the Repopulation. :p But maybe I'm just a little bitter cos they haven't put CH in yet!!

I loved the two Graul Maulers cos they were a perfect fit for the MCH's 70 control points, both being lvl 35. I always like being a pet class so I went CH right from the get go. I reckon I was one of the first to find Rancor valley on Dathomir. All I did was explore and tame. :)

My first pet was Murray the Mountain Murra, tamed in the hills above the city in the NE of Correlia. Can't remember the name... Wonder if I still have a picture...?

Wow, terrible quality, but I do!! 22 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    6 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    5 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

20. Ripp Savage

Lol, cool. The best part was making a camp and hanging out by the fire.

Yeah, that was a good combo before the nerf, very strong. I like the smaller pet classes, especially the cats. One thing I wished was that they made more pets viable so you could pretty much go with what you liked instead of basically the FOTM if you wanted the best. Oh well, it was pretty good anyway. Being able to have more than one made up for that some.

Speaking of the EMU, I was fortunate enough to get to tame a few pets right before they pulled CH back out and started the re-code. Good times! :)