The Repopulation

Discussion in 'MMORPG Games: The Realms' started by Andru, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Valdis

Valdis Active Member

Player-run factions, sounds interesting. Been waiting for an MMO to try that.

2. Amyame

Amyame Active Member

Im a little bit skeptical about them being able to pull off all the genre breaking ideas they have, but ill keep watching... may try to get some money up to throw at them too.

3. Zalzany

Zalzany Active Member

The factions are new the guild/clan cities has been done, and quite well. Player cities with workshops and towers also has been done, it was called SWG. Seeing how that is dead as a door-nail though I look foreword for something to fill its big under respected shoes.

The stuff looks good wouldn't say ground breaking good since it reminds me a lot of SWG but you know a decade or so of time to improve on it. In fact the fact its been done before makes me have a little more faith that this one will work, and hell maybe replace SWG's spot as my favorite crafter/community game.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  4. puzzycat

puzzycat Getting Started

Anyone tried the Beta?

5. Cased

Cased Active Member

As far as I am aware there is no beta yet. Private Alpha round 3 starts in March.. still a bit of a wait before the betas kick off.

6. puzzycat

puzzycat Getting Started

You are right, it is in alpha, my mistake.

7. Goffender

Goffender Active Member

I just noticed this game. It looks very interesting. Is anyone actually in alpha? Will beta cost $?

It makes me think of entropia. Hopefully better graphics and not so "pay to gamble" based. Also, hunting and mining by hand?? Its suppose to be the future right?

Anyway, I would be down for a beta group.

8. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

I've been testing since pre-alpha but not as much lately. Too many games, too little time. Not sure what I'm allowed to say due to the NDA but the game certainly has come a long way in the last couple of years. Backers get priority for alpha (currently in private round 3) and beta (3 private rounds that have not started yet) but there will probably (I'm guessing) be an open beta at some point before launch.

Edit - The game has both manual harvesting and structure based harvesting. The latter method will harvest resources automatically but you can't get rare resources with that method. Extraction (getting stuff from things you kill) is done manually and is a skill you can increase with repeated extractions which will allow you to get a better grade of materials as your skill increases.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  9. Hondy

Hondy Active Member

10. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

I have access but can't help them test the game due to their heavy streaming of content. I only have a 3.0mb DSL internet. I have to wait 10 minutes before my character even appears on the screen upon login! -*(

TQQdles™

11. Mastersdiamond

Mastersdiamond Active Member

Its been a while

hey everyone :) .. not sure who if any will read this lol as the last entry was july of 014 and its now Jan 015 but i am in playing repop and for me personally it looks great * i seem to be getting into most early access games of late lol*
    anyhow was just interested to se if any TOGers were playing
    take game on game hard game often and of course game nice :D

Cheers
    Selene

12. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Hey Selene,

Check the threads about The Repopulation in the Members Forums in the MMO Tavern Section! Good news resides there.

UPDATE: Nevermind, you found it before I wrote this post! -)

TQQdles™

Last edited: Jan 31, 2015