Things Borderlands should have had

Discussion in 'Shooter Games: The Range' started by Harry Reems, Nov 1, 2009.

1. bork

bork Getting Started

I think they need to adjust the loot drop system - make it more like Diablo 2, or like the standard MMO system where the best gear comes from the hardest enemies. It just seems silly that often the best loot in a zone is found in a chest halfway through or at some other random point along the path (not to mention how stupid it is having weapon crates in town).

Would add replay value, encourage co-op play and make it a bit more rewarding when you take down a tough enemy.

Doing 4 player clears of old haven to farm loot sounds much more appealing than jumping across rooftops hoping the random number generator is in a good mood...

Ariya likes this.
  2. bochaba

bochaba Well-Known Member

I think they need a difficult mode. Then they need a super difficult mode.

The second play through is easier than the first.

3. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Apparently playthrough 3 is entirely level 50 ...

4. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Playthrough 2? 3?

Des jas vous!

5. Chief

Chief Retired Captain

There is no playthrough 3 exactly, in that you don't start from the beginning again. It's more like playthrough 2.5. Once you beat playthrough 2, all the enemies level up to 49 - 51, but they're still far too easy. They should have made them all BadMutha's as well :D

6. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Ah I see ... thanks for the clarification Chief ... I was hoping to do the entire story again at 50 ... )=

7. barfarina

barfarina Active Member

I would like to be able to see what items people have (some sort of character screen would be good) - it gives me a good idea of what's kind of damage will be dealt in co-op + it would be nice to know exactly how much health/armour someone has other than yourself...

+1 to a less painful multi system - why couldn't we just join games from the steam list like i do for EVERY OTHER GAME? .....and all the ideas so far are good :)

Also, having to drop items to swap/give is just stupid, especially when type-chat isn't working (like most of the time for me) and you leave behind an orange weapon 'cos they didn't get your message!

EDIT: And stfu scooter!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  8. Kriv

Kriv Active Member

Some type of town portal or such would be great.

9. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

I love this game - its great fun, very very addictive.

But this playthru # stuff is bs - make a full game Gearbox

10. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

Repeat playthru's are fine!! Worked well with Diablo 2. They just need to balance it right. Definitely needs to be made tougher.

11. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

But Diablo 2 was a long enough game on the first play through. It seems like here its been added just to make the game an acceptable length.

12. barfarina

barfarina Active Member

As i've just played i'll add a couple things - i'm not sure the accuracy thing works properly - i've got pistols at 98-odd percent that only hit 5 out of 10 times point-blank. Either there are some serious (offline) lag issues, or i'm missing :)D) something... To add to that, how can those enemies that ping axes (or whatever) at you hit you EVERY TIME, from ANY DISTANCE? They're generally small, so in the heat of battle, you've got no idea where the bloody damage is coming from... :\

And the mission makers are almost always out at some point during the 'find part- make weapons' missions - i'm tired of looking for a part that isn't anywhere near where the marker says it is. How about they put ALL quest items as markers on the map at the same time? It can't be that hard surely, and wouldn't wreck the game from what i can see. I hate lazy developers extending play-time through forcing you to go back and forth at their insistence to the same areas for the same quest. Grrr! :p

13. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

They are scavenger hunts. How much of a scavenge is it if it tells you exactly where each part is? I'm sure the first one or two did show exact positions but after that it was just the general location.

14. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

I'm ok with the scavenger hunts - once I realised that the exact position wasnt being shown.

This is annoying (in general, not knowing where damage is coming from)

15. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah those axe throwers are pretty freaking amazing.

More ammo crates should spawn during co-op, because there's a disproportionate increase in the amount of ammo you need to use to bring things down so that you're always running dry in some of the longer missions.

16. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm starting to run dry on smg ammo, even after upgrading to 1000+.

Also, thought of another thing BL should have - a boss that lasts more than a few seconds. Was in a coop game with 2 mates, we got to the hive thing - it went down literally in about 4 seconds. What the? We had more trouble with Sledges dogs.

17. Justin Kace

Justin Kace Retired Captain

Very true. The length of the campaign was definitely on the short side. But they just dont make games like the did back in the good ole days huh? I wonder how long D3 will be?

Re running out of ammo in co-op, there are a few solutions to this. Hunter has skills to provide extra ammo/cash loots from enemy drops and skag piles, and I think soldier has mods that provide party ammo regen?

Re re axe throwers, strafe man, strafe! They throw where you are if you are still, or where you will be if you are moving, so move about a bit erratically, even when you are sniping and scoped in.

18. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

I believe (as a siren) I have a class mod to add to party ammo regen - I just prefer my mod that deals more death to the mutant scum (I'm not a people person - the game even said so).

Of course the soldier has his ammo regen on the shield, I found it was giving me about 50/60 bullets - which I use up in a few seconds. Not sure how many points he had in the skill.

19. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Stop using Double Anarchy x4 SMGs with a fire rate of 12 then ... =p

I don't think Sirens can get a party ammo regen mod, but you can get mods that regen your own SMG ammo. Even with +9 I barely worry about it. For the desperate times I have an SMG with +12 ammo regen to switch to. I tend to rely on the massive stacked DoT all my weapons deal.

With my soldier buddy I never worry about it. He has a class mod with +18 party ammo regen.

20. Bort

Bort Well-Known Member

But I love my Double Anarchy! (I actually found it while playing my Soldier...).

I'll check my class mods - I thought I saw one with the party regen. Looking at the wiki, I must be getting confused with shield regen.