Thinking about getting a Playstation...

Discussion in 'Console Talk (Public)' started by JGR, Jun 26, 2016.

1. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I tried the Xbox controller years ago but gave it away because I couldn't get used to it.
    I am looking into the Playstation for FPS games now that they are selling keyboards and mice.
    Are they any good?

The other important thing I'd like to know is, does Playstation have dedicated server support?
    Or is it a case of someone just starting their own server on their home computer?

Cheers...

Edit:
    Found a list of dedicated servers, so that question is answered...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  2. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

My thinking is that it is probably the closest thing to an even playing field in gaming...
    The main variable would be the network connection, I would think...

And while there is no way to eliminate cheating/exploiting/hacking completely, my understanding is it is at a much reduced level compared to PC gaming...

3. JGR

JGR Well-Known Member

At this point in time, aim assist has killed consoles for me...

4. cheriebrown

cheriebrown Just Joined

I have a PS4 but I do find myself using my PC over it simply because I prefer having a mouse and keyboard. I have tried the keyboard on ps4 and tbh it does not work well at all.

5. Thymos

Thymos Elder Scrolls Online Officer

This November, I will finally be picking up a PS4, but it will be the pro edition.

I'm not worried that it doesn't have a UHD player, because I don't even have a 4k TV. However, I will take the performance boost at 1080p :)

We already preordered our first PS4 game, Persona 5. I also want it, because of the Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and eventually Kingdom Hearts 3.

6. ohio.medic

ohio.medic Star Citizen Division Captain

I haven't used a keyboard or mouse with my ps4, so can't really answer that. What was it you didn't like about the Xbox controller when you tried it?

7. Farcane

Farcane Getting Started

I was a diehard pc gamer, then I bought a Mac, Was happy with it until BF1 and my drivers clashed, couldn't play it. So went to PS4, but alas, too old for the controller, hands cramp up, then found out about a little box called XIM4, console games here i come, i can aim again, i can use kb and mouse on ps4 with no lag, its fantastic, i still play terrible, wasn't the best on pc, but i can now play without always aiming at the sky, will be back on BF1 today as Muqoz, but as i tell my kids, gotta do my chores before i can play. Look at XIM4... well worth the money, all up $200 delivered in 3 days from the land of the God Damn's
    :)

8. HippyTree

HippyTree Active Member

Tried the XIM4 hoping it was a cheap solution (had a chance to use one) to not having the money to kit a PC to play BF1.
    Don't like it.
    It felt sloppy, thats all I can say.

Haven't given it a run on the x1 as I don't own one.

9. Farcane

Farcane Getting Started

I have had a ps4 for years, kids played it, i couldn't do the controls, then found the XIM4, no game lag, no input lag, can change sensitivity settings on the fly and change what button does what whilst in game. So now the ps4 is just a bigger computer to me, I am still crap, but i can actually hit things now, not just look at the sky

10. Farcane

Farcane Getting Started

i changed the sensitivities of hip and aim, very precise

11. RoryBarr

RoryBarr Just Joined

Playstation Plus is best.