This game....

Discussion in 'Black Desert Online (Public)' started by Corpeces, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Corpeces

Corpeces Well-Known Member

is not intuitive, at all :rolleyes: Beautiful game, well styled and very fun combat, but what a learning curve. Last time I felt this way about a game was when I first started playing Eve.

2. Khondo

Khondo Black Desert Online Leader

Yep one of the things I really love about this game, so much different content. Been playing a while now and still have not done a lot of the content and activities in the game, there is no max level so you can keep levelling both combat and crafts. Very unique in many facets of the game.

I love it.

3. Khondo

BTW once you invest that 3 week learning period, the game opens up so much and you go WOW, not only beautiful but a challenging game that allows you to play at many different levels. A frustrating game for the person who loves to complete things, as there is no end.

4. Valkrome

Valkrome Just Joined

So how hard is it for a new player to get into this game? I am coming from TERA as the last MMO i have recently played and prefer the more "action combat" system. Will there be other people around my level to quest and do dungeons with? I dont know much about the game at all.

5. Teraka

Teraka Getting Started

Just given up on SWToR after 5 years and I'm looking around for a new game. As with the previous poster I'm wondering if this is the game I should devote my free time towards? After a year am I already too far behind?

Teraka

6. Andru

Andru Well-Known Member

7. Valkrome

Valkrome Just Joined

So i have watched the Ultimate Beginners guide and many other videos now. So it does seem that the game is really for the solo player. Is there any Group activities that TOG does that are fun? or is that truly not the point of this mmo.

8. Khondo

Sorry to say it is a solo game except for node wars (guild v guild), which TOG does not take part in.. You can group up to grind mobs and level together, but no instances. There are world bosses that spawn at random times. You need to group up to do certain weekly scroll bosses that are required to do to level your gear.

But on the good side it is the best solo MMO game I have ever played. There is so much content and unlimited levelling that you could play a whole year and still not do some things in the game. Me <----

It is a very complex game in many ways but there is a major RNG factor to it as well, which some people find frustrating. I find it challenging.

9. RoryBarr

RoryBarr Just Joined

I like this game.

10. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

There is a lot of things to get side tracked in and like Khondo says a true solo-friendly MMOG. You can spend months doing one thing, and then realise there is an entirely different part of the game you've not even touched.

Recently grabbed a few friends to play and we just followed some guides on getting to 56 quickly and it was done over the weekend.

The RNG component is frustrating for some players. A lot of that risk is heavily discussed on forums and other places to help you understand the risks associated with that mini game, and strategies to deal with it.

I spent the better part of the first 6 months rolling a cart around from node to node, hunting whales and fishing.

Did not grind levels whatsoever until uh... the last week.

11. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

Eve? Heck, it's closer to EQ!!

12. tinman_au

tinman_au Retired Captain

And I have to agree with Pinkeh, there is a lot more going on in BDO than any other MMO I've played...there's just so much to do! You really don't need top play it the way you think it should be played (traditionally). It's like Archeage, without getting screwed over

13. Pinkeh

Pinkeh Black Desert Online Captain

In some ways it is sort of similar to Archeage. Plenty of things going on and also plenty of frustrations.