Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Hippy222, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

2. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

I will add spend some time opening all safe houses .. This gives you fast transit between them and saves walking across map ... Open new encounter at each house etc.. map on bulletin board / jtf officer this will help you rank up..

But make sure you are at least level 16 , 17 + because some of these safe houses are in level 20 to 30 areas .. i struggled with the last few as you walk past these guys with skulls over head and die instantly .. run fast or sneak past

3. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

If anyone has a tip on how to track down the in game radio announcer so I can hunt him down and shoot him in the left nut ?

4. Psyxar

Psyxar Active Member

party up with someone who has them unlocked already, they jump to it, then u travel to them, wullah, insta unlock without the walking or insta death

5. Drassan

Drassan Well-Known Member

Something I learned tonight which I hadn't been aware of - hold C to use in-game voice chat.

6. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

apparently its set to speech recognition I think (without the need to hold down C). well it worked for me.

7. Drassan

Drassan Well-Known Member

8. Binary-Ninja

Another tip i found is when you do all the side missions in a particular zone / suburb you get one that sends you back to the safe house in that area .. The JTF officer there gives you a blueprint for crafting weapons , comes in handy to get decent weapons ..

This also applies to high level enemies facing them means better drops including blueprints

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
  9. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

10. sabbey

sabbey Active Member

Makes sense, as another Togger joined me the other day and I didn't hear him though I saw what looked like a visual notice when he was talking, shame that I couldn't get regular chat working..

11. DaedalusAlpha

DaedalusAlpha Well-Known Member

So I got a question; salvage or sell?

12. Purg

Purg Well-Known Member

Depends on whether you prefer crafting or buying. I salvage most of my gear and looking to try crafting - something I don't normally bother with in games like this.

13. Binary-Ninja

Up to level 30 i have sold old stuff and been able to buy better guns / gear if required if something has dropped ... But post 30 this will be important as high end yellow gear is $400,000 so it wont be as easy as just buy / sell.. Plus you will need some decent kits to do challenge modes as they are level 32 NPC you fight ...

This will also now depend on Phoenix Credits a currency for the end game .. You get these by completing daily , weekly missions or by killing high level bosses in dark zone.. Also sometime these bosses drop high level gear ..

A important note is their are 2 levels of yellow .. 30 and 31 ... Only level 31 gear / blueprints is sold by the SPECIAL vendor next to recalibration station in tech wing of base .. Sometimes the advanced vendor in security wing has some thing but the dark zone only has 30 ...

Crafting wil be the best way to get these in end game but obviously you will need to do challenges , daily etc.. to get Phoenix Credits so you can buy blueprints or gear ...

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  14. Pharoah

wow...level 30....I'm still at level 13 after a few days play...must be doing something wrong! lol

I basically craft everything - you get pittance for selling a used rifle anyway.

15. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Salvage.

I usually go back to an earlier mission and change the difficulty to "hard" for better drops. The last "boss" tends to drop a Blue weapon and piece of armour

16. Pharoah

Also FYI, for my addition skills or whatever its called, I use the following:

1. Medic bag/box that heals everyone in a 10m radius; and
    2. Sticky bomb. LOVE this thing. I usually start a skirmish by shooting the sticky bomb at a baddie who is in a group, then detonating it...on lower levels, I can take out 3-4 baddies without firing a shot! Also helps against Bosses - its like an RPG with a slow reload.

17. r8response

Might give that a try.

When running a mission, I go with the heal talent and the small turret as it acts like a threat magnet.

Throw it near the boss and they'll focus it until it's destroyed, giving you plenty of time to hammer them.

18. Pharoah

I think this is where you have to agree upfront as a squad who takes what.

Just on that, I need to squad up to finish the main Cleaners mission where you attack the plant and go for Joe Ferro. The last time I tried with 3 others, we got our butts handed to us - so friggin difficult esp with Ferro wearing some massive suit.

19. r8response

I'm only lvl16 at the moment, so a lot of what I'm doing is solo

20. Pharoah

yeah same - I've decided to stop venturing and complete all the side missions first. I hadn't done all the easiest missions (doh!). Helps to get more $$ then to upgrade weapons.