Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Hippy222, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

Also of you do the low level missions at your level it is easier .. i missed some and went back at Lv 30 and they gave me lev 26 NPC's doing them, on defend weapon crates etc.. gets hard solo

2. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

It's not all bad, level 30 elites have a chance to drop Phoenix credits, so it might pay in the long run to avoid as many side missions as you can.

3. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

My tips:

1. Get used to using your consumables. Water/EnergyBars/CannedFood/Soda, Grenades, and Incendiary/Explosive rounds. They will save you when you are doing challenging mode runs or are in a sticky solo situation.
    2. Deconstruct everything. Don't sell. The best items in the game right now are only obtained through crafting (from phoenix credit blueprints) or very very very very very very lucky drops against level 32 elites/bosses in the DZ/Challenge Mode runs. Unless you are uber lucky you will have to construct multiple copies of the items you want to get the right combination of prefixes/skills that you are looking for. This burns up lots of crafting mats, so get a head start by deconstructing.
    3. The requirements of group play vs solo are quite different. Make sure that when you join a group that you look at your skills (AND TALENTS) and change them up where necessary to you synergize with the rest of your group.

4. r8response

r8response Well-Known Member

Weapon skins are no longer dropped by helping civilians with food/water

They can be bought from a vendor in your base. Where? I don't know. Apparently the vendor is connected to a base upgrade and it isn't marked on your map.

EDIT: Clothing Vendor. You get the upgrade in the Security Wing, it’s called Supply Lines.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  5. IvanIronass

IvanIronass Well-Known Member

What's crafting?: I've seen the table, but no idea what to do there

6. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

you can deconstruct every thing in ya bag that you dont want or want to sell, the mats you get from there you use to make new stuff at that table.

7. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

I'm not giving the citizens help any more - 1 medical kit for a pair of gloves or useless boots? pfffft. Or do they provide better stuff?

8. Cahiry

Cahiry Elite Dangerous Captain

If you want better loot from the local's a good pistol whipping seems to work wonders ;)

9. Binary-Ninja

Yeah ran into 3 lots of elites and got some credits .. got about 102 now with the 30 from ubisoft and dailies..

Yes the drop better loot .. the richer suburbs do :)

10. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

So my top tips after a week of play:
    Save space in your stash by adding your 3rd best weapon mods to a gun you will stash before placing in said stash.
    Melt Faces with some insane DPS burst: Pulse-Tac Scan + First Aid-Booster Shot + Tac Link. It goes really well with the Liberator with a decent size mag. Mine: 109388-DPS 1028-RPM 54-MAG, this can one-mag shot 30 named mobs if I get close enough to unload in his / her face.

11. Binary-Ninja

Crafting is making something weapon or gear from the materials you pickup or deconstruct .. You will need a blueprint .. This becomes important post 30 because the Yellow gear is expensive to buy but you can buy yellow blueprints from a special vendor in tech centre next to recalibration station and make your own ..

Also Elite bosses in Dark Zone or Normal area drop yellow blueprints

12. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Tip: if you're going to attempt a story mission (end mission like the Joe Ferro mission with a boss at the end), team up!! I finished that mission with 2 randoms and it went smoothly.

13. Bru

Bru Guardian Captain

Last edited: Mar 17, 2016
  14. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

When I read the lists it makes be depressed because I think about the sheer amount of mats I am going to have to farm to get the talents I want from the high end crafting gear... :(

15. Binary-Ninja

You can deconstruct old gear for mats to make it .. you can also can recalibrate it to get the stats you want .. also selling gear gives you $$ to buy the high end stuff from one of the advanced sellers in base... I am doing both as when you get to say 500K then descontruct or vice versa

The problem arises on getting enough phoenix credits to buy high end blueprints .. after they nerfed it with the drop rates .. now it is almost useless as you might get to buy 1 yellow piece a week if lucky.. Ubisoft could be trying to fix as the nerf was solely to address those who abused system and have full yellow kits ..

Also try and get gear with a high scavenger % on it as that allows you to find more mats my scavenging is about 80+ % and finding lots of yellow mats but downside is my gear isn't good enough to do Challenge Mode so cant get enough credits to buy blueprints ...

I only have one Yellow that being " The Liberator " rest will take ages to get blueprints ..

16. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

I was being a little facetious when I posted that. The mat requirements for high end crafting is not all that high, in fact I can get the mats I need from a couple of runs through the DZ to fill my stash.

Couldn't agree more about the scavenging bit, it really does help.

Regarding challenge mode, try to aim for an absolute minimum of 90k dps and 65k health. It's get-able with purples. In the meantime you can farm the hard mode dailies and elite bosses in the DZ to get phoenix credits for the gold blueprints.

17. Ithuriel

Ithuriel Getting Started

POST REMOVED.
    please do not repost.

Glitching and bug exploiting is not what we like to see done. i understand the game has a few problems end game, and im fine with talking about such, but please do not post vids on how to exploit.

Cheers
    Hippy222

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2016
  18. Binary-Ninja

I just found out today i can turn blue mats into yellow and i have plenty of blues .. Just need to see blueprints rollover to something new as not much there

19. Psyxar

Psyxar Active Member

you can turn green > blue > yellow

very bottom of list @ crafting station

20. Starjack

Starjack Retired Captain

Hippy222 likes this.