Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'The Clancy Division (Public)' started by Hippy222, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Hippy222

Hippy222 FPS Bartender and Still standing ... Captain

Nice fine Starjack, thanks.

2. samurai_miike

samurai_miike Getting Started

PSA: Do not craft a High End Backpack from Base of Operations.

There is a bug right now where the crafted backpack will disappear and you will be locked out of your account, stuck in an infinite loading screen trying to log back in.

Just happened to me and there's nothing I can do about it. It is a known problem and they are looking into it.

Back to BF4 until I can log into my account again.

3. Binary-Ninja

Binary-Ninja Well-Known Member

i have crafted one about a week ago and it is still working fine for me .. I saw something on this via Ubi Forums but some say it is not the backpack it is the qty / how full it is .. something maybe was done to stop the excessive looting glitch etc..

4. samurai_miike

samurai_miike Getting Started

Unfortunately I can't even log in anymore. My original backpack only had 40/60 filled in and never did any of those glitches.

Guess just bad luck on my part.:(

5. Binary-Ninja

Very weird unless it is a specific set of talents / specs etc.. when crafting causing this

6. Binary-Ninja

Weapon Skins in Challenge Mode .. I picked up a solid pink one yesterday so if anyone is wondering how to get them it seems random drops from bosses in challenge mode is one source ..

7. Hell Scream

Hell Scream Active Member

8. Binary-Ninja

Tip i picked up last night doing Challenge mode Lexington ... Some might know already but i am posting info for any who get stuck on rooftop area near lift ...

When your squad get to rooftop normally a couple of shot gunners and heavy machine gunners charge you in the cramped small space near lift and you get pinned down..

Instead of staying there make sure one of the team is equipped with survivor link .. activate it and get entire squad to fast run to where you rescue the hostage on rooftop ... In that area you get far better cover , place healing stations etc.. and can take down the bigger guys without being slaughtered lie normally happens near lift .. Then you can clean up snipers near end ..

9. flyinkiwi

flyinkiwi Active Member

Tip for challenge mode: Is your group slightly undergeared? DPS a bit low?

Take a support class (stack stam and electronics):

Skills:
    Pulse - DPS boost mod
    First Aid - DPS boost mod

Talents: These may vary but as I was using a LMG (primarily for suppression) I used the following:
    Steady Hands
    Stopping Power
    Combat Medic
    One is None

Once your team has taken up a firing position hit them with first aid, pulse the enemies and your teams DPS will go up by around 50%. If CC is a problem, switch out pulse for sticky bomb with the flashbang mod and make targeting much easier.

10. Pharoah

Pharoah Well-Known Member

Good tip Kiwi. I always lug around an LMG (RPK original, 80 rnd mag) so I will try to use those.

11. Binary-Ninja

If you have any spare cash buy / try the Pakham LMG from vendor in Base of Ops .. It is about 470,000 coins but i use it at just under 100K DPS and this thing shreds the armour of elites ..

It is a very handy backup gun to your kit in Challenge Mode , Dailies etc.. The more parts , tools i can find farming i can equip a better mag to boost it even more

12. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

I shared this tip with a few of you last night (Aus time). But you can enable double tap on your movement keys (W A S D) to roll in the desired direction. As a player of the original UT I took to this like a duck to water but for others it may take a bit to get used but the benefits are worth it at the end.

13. Pharoah

ah right. I do see it for sale in main base and have saved up for it - I'm assuming I can use it now (level 42 DZ) or do I have to wait until Level 50? I'm a BIG fan of LMGs...nothing like a base of fire. If its that good, I will purchase it tongiht and will deconstruct the other LMGs I have (I have 3 high end).

14. Binary-Ninja

@Pharoah It is is in the base of ops special or advanced weapons vendor not the dark zone one so you just need the $$$ and have opened high end weapons i.e be rank 30 ..

I haven't used any other high end LMG's so cant say that it is better or worse then them but from my use to date it is very good .. This clip has him only at 70K dps it can go way higher i am at 100k now with my dodgy mods

Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  15. Pharoah

Sounds good to me. I know I was going to buy it but because I already have 2 high end RPKs and 1 high end M249, I thought it was a waste. Still, if thats the top of the line then I'll get it - got nothing else to spend my $$ on anyway.

16. Binary-Ninja

As said i haven't seen the comparisons to others but the key on this gun is in its talents , If the other LMG's are just better but don't have any elite damage then you have to weigh up the importance of that damage .. Seeing it has a regular use in Challenge Modes and most likely incursions that extra damage helps .. You can alway boost the DPS by getting good mods

Pakham Talents
    18% damage to Armour
    13% damage to Elites / Named

I have a extra 8% damage to Elites on my Chest piece

17. Vansen

Vansen World of Warcraft: Raid Leader

Another top tip for season pass holders.
    Keep the Police and Paramedic backpacks with you. Put them on when you reload ammo and medkits to get their benefit. Then when you are done put your "real" backpack on but you keep your extra ammo and medpacks

18. Pharoah

I bought it last night and tried it out...nice. Way more damage (after putting on mods esp) than my classic RPK but i need to do more 'testing' :twisted:

I now have 3 high end LMGs (2 x RPKs, 1 x M249) in my inventory - is it worth selling or deconstructing or keeping?

19. Binary-Ninja

Store them in your stash until you get new mods and then can see how each scale up damage wise .. Also check if any have the elites , armour shredding talents .. I will take those talents any day over a little more dps