[DONE] TOG Application

Discussion in 'The Barracks' started by MrDrifter, Jan 29, 2019.

1. MrDrifter

MrDrifter Getting Started

Hi,

Referred here by a friend, I'm currently playing a bit of War Frame and Star Citizen.
    First gaming was probably the commodore 64. These days, most of my gaming is PC based.
    Tend to play a lot of FPS, although also enjoy the likes of Assassins Creed.

Cheers,
    MrDrifter
    (or when that's taken MrDrifterNZ)

newfulla likes this.
  2. Tulgar

Tulgar Battlefield Leader Staff Member Moderator

Hi MrDrifter, welcome to TOG, you have passed our most stringent tests to prove you worth.

Congratulations! You have past our stringent don't die before 25 application requirement and have made it into TOG.

Keep in mind there is more here than the division for that flaky game you have signed up for. There are other flaky games which all have their own division and other things of wonder, joy and wtf.

Public Forums (Philistines only or less then 25. Same thing)
    Member Forums (General chat, cat videos, VR, laboratories, Steam and Discord invites)
    Member News (If you have a mind like mine you just laughed)
    Simulation and Sports Divisions (This is for simulation and sports games!)
    Strategy, RPG and other Games (This is for err... Strategy, RPG and other Games)
    FPS (Brutal and horrific death. Lots of fun!)
    MMORPG (Also brutal and horrific death but sometimes ponies)
    Operations (The name you picked is stupid and you want to change it? Policies and stuff)

3. newfulla

newfulla Captain Americas Army Staff Member Moderator

Wohoo another FPS player, and bonus perhaps a fellow kiwi :)

If so all I can say is "Go the All Blacks..." and I would love to see the Wallabies try the under arm bowling technique in rugby. :p

Welcome to TOG @MrDrifter :)

Tulgar likes this.
  4. Dolnor

Dolnor Bane of Crickets

Welcome to TOG!

Check out The Lounge section as you head directly to the sections for FPS Division and MMO Division (Star Citizen lives here) in the Members Only section.
    The Lounge = https://www.theoldergamers.com/forums/the-lounge-room.16/

In the Lounge, check out the "What-The (and Ha Ha) pics and video" Thread. Restarted by @Snowbull, our venerated (or is it ventilated?) Finder of All Thins Cool ! -)
    https://www.theoldergamers.com/threads/what-the-and-ha-ha-pics-and-vids.476144/

As for FPS: If you want to "slum it", this weekend (Feb 1-3) will be an Open (Public...everyone is invited) Demo version of Bioware/EA's new game "Anthem". Versions are for Xbox, PS4, and PC. Download sizes will vary...the PC one (which I will play) is 48gb in size...so plan accordingly! -)

TQQdles™

P.s. I am usually very verbose...you got the shortened version. Bane of Crickets title was EARNED! -)

Tulgar likes this.
  5. MrDrifter

MrDrifter Getting Started

Hi,

Yes, another from NZ, there are a few of us playing Star Citizen and Warframe now.

Anthem looks interesting, might have to give it a try, thankfully downloads a pretty quick on 1Gb fibre so shouldn't take too long to download.

Cheers,

newfulla likes this.
  6. Crom

Crom Warframe Captain

Welcome MrDrifter I have just sent you a clan invite welcome to the crazy zone :)