1. Benda

Benda Well-Known Member

i like sending my dog back to town with all the crap he can carry....although, he doesn't seem to barter much.

2. Kriv

Kriv Getting Started

I love how it runs on just about any system. Which means I play more ....more....more...

3. Spice.

Spice. Retired Captain

I finally caved in and bought a copy. Considering how much time FATE sucked out of me this can only end badly...

4. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah further development all right, Torchlight becomes a full on MMO further down the track.

(I just wish it had co-op or something now; I might have bought it then)

5. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

This (meaning Torchlight) is what should have been done with Mythos.

I always thought there was more of a market for Mythos than for Hellgate: London, of which I tried in beta and didn't really care much for. Heck, I logged about 200 hours of playtime before Flagship Studios went belly up and it became abandonware!

6. Doxxan

Doxxan Active Member

Indeed a great little title. The ambiance reeks of Diablo, everything from the sounds to the music to the overall dungeoncrawl feel. I'm keeping an eye out for the supposed mmo that will be built on this foundation.

Never played Mythos but really wished I had. Always looked more interesting than Hellgate (sadly). Think they got as surprised themselves with the interest in their little testgame hehe.

7. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

OK picked this up and having some fun, but I'm wondering... is there somewhere to get items identified? I have scores of items unidentified and I'm not even finding enough scrolls in loot to identify the items that I might want to use myself, let alone things I might swap to alts (I like that they have a communal stash; or will when I start trying other classes).

Also I tried that "Transmute" guy with some of the unidentified items and it didn't do anything, maybe I need identified items? :(

8. Jigoku

Jigoku Retired Captain

Buy identification scrolls from the "Scrolls and potions" guy.

The only things I've been able to transmute so far are the gems ... two of the same type and grade produce one of the next grade up.

Reoh likes this.
  9. Mighty Brush

Mighty Brush Well-Known Member

There isn't actually mutch to transmute other than gems. It's implemented mostly so that modders can have fun with the mechanics.

10. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

There's a scrolls and potions guy? I've wandered all over town looking for a vendor and had no luck, but I'll take another look thanks! :)

Ahhh so its for gems and modders, I see. Its a bit odd they let you drop the other things there though.

11. Mighty Brush

Mighty Brush Well-Known Member

You can transmute random greens into another random green.

The potions guy is the vendor on the left side of your stash (town centre).

12. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

Actually, you can transmute 4 identified items of the same grade into gems (4 greens, 4 blues, etc.), then transmute 2 like gems into the next higher grade.

I usually sell my whites & blues, shared stash (the chest at the top of town) my purples and yellows, and transmute my greens.

Try clicking on the horse on the east side of town next to the two save item/gems vendors.

Also, make sure you check out the forums (the developers actually read and respond!). Mods (which the developers encourage), bug listings, and FAQ's, too.

Firebrand likes this.
  13. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

How did I miss that? I had used that vendor to sellup lots but somehow hadn't noticed the red scroll in the #1 buy slot? hahahaha. :)

Sounds like a good plan Bonkman!

14. Firebrand

Firebrand Well-Known Member

As for the Identify scrolls, within 7 minutes of playin the demo with the big fella I found Spells for the slots both Town Portal and Identify. no-scrolls ever again for him.

15. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I found a town portal one, but I never use'm so I had a stack anyway - lol :)

16. Bonkman

Bonkman Active Member

There are Town Portal and Identify spells as drops or sold by the magic vendor. Though, they've been pretty rare for me, I don't know why.

I use the TP spell and keep a stack of Identify scrolls, since they seem to drop alot. Any TP scrolls I get, I usually just use them immediately. Not a bad idea to have a quick exit to town, if needed.

I'd advise looking at the Mod Showcase section of the official forums. I use a "stack increase" mod that allows your potions and scrolls to go over the vanilla 20 limit. Saves on space when you're a loot whore, like I am.

Anyone run across those "phased" creatures that, when you kill them, they turn into a Phase Portal? Love those things and the small, loot-rich area they spawn.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  17. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

Yeah those are pretty cool. :)

18. Mesar

Mesar Retired Captain

Awesome game,

Completed the story yesterday with dual-pistols on the chick, now I'm probably going to do a pet heavy alchemist.

19. Reoh

Reoh Well-Known Member

I've been slack, have barely played it still. Not that its bad, just that I haven't had much time in the evenings of late which is when I had been playing it before. ;)

20. delushin

delushin Well-Known Member

can this game be played multiplayer?

oh and could you please link the names of favorite and useful mods :)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009